Plugin Contributions

Default Can I sell a video that is only watchable online?

I would like to sell a video online. I don't want them to download it. Instead, I want to give them 7 days to have access to the video after buying, and they can only watch it off of a website. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,
    BP

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I sell a video that is only watchable online?

We use streamingvideoprovider to host and stream video for several of our clients.

Streamingvideoprovider.co.uk allows you to create playlists and "pay-per-view" items.

The whole system EMBEDS in a JS frame in your webshop. Payment happens OUTSIDE your zencart site - but through paypal.

On THIS SITE we use StreamingVideoProvider and have customized the player to our client's needs. Currently none of the playlists are PAY-PER-VIEW but we are developing videos that we will sell on a PPV basis.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

This is something I have planned to do on my website. I haven't tested the idea yet, but you're welcome to give it a try.

You can create an EZ-Page (must support running php, check forum for "php inside ez-pages"). That page would run a DB query to check for $_SESSION['customer_id'] and cross-reference that customer's orders history to see if he purchased that product. If it was purchased, the EZ Page loads a video hosted on your server using flowplayer or some other player (obviously YT and similar sites are not an option). If the product isn't found in that customer's order history, you have the <else {}> available...

I'm sure this is a spartan way of doing this, but it should work... Plus, it's not that complex to write it...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    Plus, it's not that complex to write it...
    Yes! I wrote something like this last week. I wanted to list all my customer's orders by products for a certain day. It wasn't that bad, so doing something like this wouldn't be that bad.

I think I might have my answer. There's a security issue that I might need to consider, but at least I have an idea of how I can do this.

Thanks!