Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Oxford Dark Template Support Thread

I have been customizing the template for about 6 days now and have been trying to hold have bothering you with questions but I need some guidence. I am finding the text and the background not to have enough contrast and being hard to read and would like to maybe increase the font size a little in the category boxes and the color. The shipping esitmator pop-up is almost impossible to read as the background is black and the font color is dark gray. I went to the css stylesheet and change the font color in the first line. It made it much better to read the shipping estimator but then product pages were getting harder to read as they have a white background. The estimator also has a green tab runnign through I would like to change.....where can I find the code to change these items?
    Note: When I did change the font color not everything changed in the estimator, the "close window" text never changed and was almost impossible to see with the rest of the text brighter.
    Thanks in advance www.torontoturbo.com/online

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by racinjason View Post
    I have been customizing the template for about 6 days now and have been trying to hold have bothering you with questions but I need some guidence. I am finding the text and the background not to have enough contrast and being hard to read and would like to maybe increase the font size a little in the category boxes and the color. The shipping esitmator pop-up is almost impossible to read as the background is black and the font color is dark gray. I went to the css stylesheet and change the font color in the first line. It made it much better to read the shipping estimator but then product pages were getting harder to read as they have a white background. The estimator also has a green tab runnign through I would like to change.....where can I find the code to change these items?
    Note: When I did change the font color not everything changed in the estimator, the "close window" text never changed and was almost impossible to see with the rest of the text brighter.
    Thanks in advance www.torontoturbo.com/online
    All of the font colors, sizes, etc. are in the stylesheets located in the includes/templates/oxford_dark/css folder. I would recommend installing the firebug addon for firefox and googling a beginners tutorial. It is very easy to use and will tell you the exact line of the exact stylesheet that you need to edit to make changes.

If after you give firebug a stab you sill have specific questions, you can post here and I will try to help you. I do believe in you doing your own footwork though so you should be able to figure out most of the customizations yourself and only post if you get stuck ;-)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

My zencart is complete..........I am very happy with the results, I will continue to tweek in in the next few days. I noticed when some of the images were saved as jpegs they lost a bit of color. I am hoping I can save them as png's and not corrupt the code?

There is just one thing I need help fixing and that is the header on the main page (new, featured, specials)is not centered and I cannot find where to correct it. My searching makes me beleve there is a bunch of scripts running it?...............I was hoping I could just add <align-centre> somewhere to fix it.
    What file would I have to do that in?
    Thanks
    for the great template.
    www.torontoturbo.com/online

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by racinjason View Post
    My zencart is complete..........I am very happy with the results, I will continue to tweek in in the next few days. I noticed when some of the images were saved as jpegs they lost a bit of color. I am hoping I can save them as png's and not corrupt the code?

There is just one thing I need help fixing and that is the header on the main page (new, featured, specials)is not centered and I cannot find where to correct it. My searching makes me beleve there is a bunch of scripts running it?...............I was hoping I could just add <align-centre> somewhere to fix it.
    What file would I have to do that in?
    Thanks
    for the great template.
    www.torontoturbo.com/online
    To center the tabs in the stylesheet_tab_menu.css file, add this to the #moduleMenu:

Code:
    width:470px;margin:0 auto;
    Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I located the "Shop by Brand" in the includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/oxford_dark/headermenu.php. However, if I remove the wording 'Shop by Brand' it leaves extra spaces on the header menu. I looked at the includes/templates/oxford_dark/css/stylesheet_mega_menu.css as instructed on the readme file, but none of the dropdown classes are listed as described in the instructions.

Can you please provide some guidance?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jt1020 View Post
    I located the "Shop by Brand" in the includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/oxford_dark/headermenu.php. However, if I remove the wording 'Shop by Brand' it leaves extra spaces on the header menu. I looked at the includes/templates/oxford_dark/css/stylesheet_mega_menu.css as instructed on the readme file, but none of the dropdown classes are listed as described in the instructions.

Can you please provide some guidance?
    If you read the reame.html file carefully you will see that you have to add the classes to the stylesheet_mega_menu.css file to hide the drop downs. They are not already there.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi! This is a amazing theme i just have a few questions because I am a total noob.. First is how can I disable the slideshow and second how do I get my top tab to say my sites name rather than Oxford Dark? Thank you in advance for any help

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by phantompoet View Post
    Hi! This is a amazing theme i just have a few questions because I am a total noob.. First is how can I disable the slideshow and second how do I get my top tab to say my sites name rather than Oxford Dark? Thank you in advance for any help
    You can disable the slide show by adding the following to the stylesheet.css file:

Code:
    #home-banner{display:none;}
    Please do a search on the FAQ's section for the answer for your second question.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

A quick question if I may. .

Instead of showing Featured Products in Tabbed center box, I would like to instead show all my main categories with category image in grid format. I know I can switch the featured products tab off so that it does not display, but I need to know how to instead show categories in one of the tabs..

So in the tabbed centerbox I would like Categories (grid layout with category images) | New Products | Specials

If you can please tell me if this is possible and what code to add/edit/replace in order to realize this.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by enigma666666 View Post
    A quick question if I may. .

Instead of showing Featured Products in Tabbed center box, I would like to instead show all my main categories with category image in grid format. I know I can switch the featured products tab off so that it does not display, but I need to know how to instead show categories in one of the tabs..

So in the tabbed centerbox I would like Categories (grid layout with category images) | New Products | Specials

If you can please tell me if this is possible and what code to add/edit/replace in order to realize this.
    This will involve custom programming. I would take a look at the tabbed home page modules thread to see if this has already been covered there, if not, I would hire a programmer.

Thanks,

Anne

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast