Plugin Contributions

Default Installing LUCKY ORANGE

Hi,

I am attempting to install the Lucky Orange (www.luckyorange.com) code into my page. I have put it on my "main page" and works fine, however when they click away from main page, it doesn't follow them which is rather frustrating.

I have to place the code on "every page" so is there a way I can just add the code in for the whole website?

This is what they have instructed:

First, paste some code on your site.

Add the following code into the <head> part of each page on your site. If you can't add it to the <head> section it will still work, but the <head> is optimal.

Please help.

Lucas

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installing LUCKY ORANGE

Just from a web designers' viewpoint..................after looking at this software, and realizing exactly WHAT it does.................makes me wonder if YOU actually thought this through? I mean, after all.....................if you were shopping on a site, then somehow realized that the store owner was watching your EVERY MOVE like a hawk during your visit to his/her site, how would YOU feel? I could tell you how I would feel...................but I can't use that kind of language here. :)

Just let me know the url of your site.................I DON'T want to go there!

And to think...................you're actually going to pay a MONTHLY FEE for this spy-on-your-customer-crap? Not to mention the extra, VERY HEAVY load this is going to put on your server. You'll be down to a crawl if you've got very many customers at once on your site...............may even get kicked off your server, or at the very least, get "throttled", due to the extra bandwidth you'll be using. Shoot..............just look at the lucky orange site...................notice how DREADFULLY SLOW it is? And how many times did YOU see the "502 Bad Gateway" page? THAT ALONE should tell you that this software is PURE CRAP, and should be treated as such!

Sorry, I really DON'T mean to sound rude or obnoxious or anything like that.....................it's just I think that kind of "spying" is TOTALLY IMMORALLY WRONG! Think I'm bad against it...................just hope DrByte don't pick up on this thread..................he'll REALLY give you an eye full on this subject.

Sorry I couldn't (well..........wouldn't) be of any help, but I can't help construct something I believe so strongly against.

Good luck and Happy Zenning!

Robert
    Teach them to shop and they will shop today;
    Teach them to Zen and they will OWN a shop tomorrow!

Plugin Contributions

OH.............by the way............that's a commercial software, and is not supported on this forum, so more than likely.............this thread will be closed...........quickly.

Robert
    Teach them to shop and they will shop today;
    Teach them to Zen and they will OWN a shop tomorrow!

Plugin Contributions

You'll need to get help from the Lucky Orange people on this issue.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

I agree entirely with Getemfast... I think this level of "spying" is far too intrusive.

Also... it can be DETRIMENTAL to your business as it "encourages" you to spend a LOT of time analysing user information that, in fact, is of no real value... time you OUGHT to be spending on more worthwhile tasks like MARKETING, COMPETITOR RESEARCH, ADVERTISING, SEO, CONTENT DEVELOPMENT, etc...

If you spend too much time watching how visitors are moving their mouse on your site, you could end up with bigger problems than how mice move on a screen...
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Hi Lucas!

My name's Chad Elliott and I'm on the Luckyorange team. I was doing some google searches today to see what kinds of issues people were having with our product and came across your thread. I realize this was posted in January but thought I'd respond just in case you were still interested in installing Luckyorange and hadn't already received any support.

Ideally, we would have a module for this. In fact, that's going on my to-do list. Unfortunately, there is no module as of the time of this writing.

However, Luckyorange is still incredibly simple to install. Zen Cart uses one file to build the header for all of your pages which means you only have to put the snippet of code in one place and it will work across your entire site. The file you're looking for is html_header.php and can be found in your template directory under the folder common. The full path looks something like this:

includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE_NAME/common/html_header.php

Open that file and look for </head> (towards the bottom). Paste your Luckyorange code right above that and you should be good to go!! If you still have any issues, feel free to visit our site and submit a ticket or message us on twitter @luckyorangesite.

I also wanted to take the time to address Robert and "schoolboy"'s issues.

It's important to understand that our goal with Luckyorange is to improve a customer's experience by giving website owners/operators as much information as possible about how people are interacting with their web portal. The data we're collecting helps map out issues with usability, poor messaging, and bad design. There's no better place to test a site than by having your user base interact directly with it and take measurements of those interactions.

I, personally, don't like the word "spying". There's lots of negative connotations involved, the biggest being that you're being watched without the knowledge that someone's doing it. Part of the user agreement for Luckyorange is that a website owner/operator places a disclaimer in their privacy policy about what data is being collected and how it's being used. We don't want people to feel like we're invading their privacy.

I would also like to touch on something Robert brought up in regard to site performance. Luckyorange will not, I repeat will not bog your server down. In fact, Luckyorange does not interact with your server at all, other than to deliver the tiny snippet of javascript that you paste into the header. All of the data gets sent/processed on OUR servers.

Yes, our site/servers were having issues there for a little while. It had very little to do with the product and more to do with our hosting provider. We're very happy to announce that we've recently switched to Rackspace and all of our bottlenecks seem to have been resolved (for now *crosses fingers*), so we should no longer have those issues.

All of this being said, we're a tiny little startup (just 2 of us at the moment) and we're plugging away to make a product that benefits everyone. We're always trying to improve and are extremely receptive to suggestions. Yes, we play around in a space that finds itself under attack due to concerns over privacy but we do our absolute best to address these issues and keep everyone as happy as possible. Considering how subjective such concerns can be, I reserve my discussions about them to offline conversations but would be happy to chat with anyone that's interested. Feel free to message me on twitter @luckyorangesite or @THEtheChad.
    Last edited by THEtheChad; 7 Jul 2012 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Typos