Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Alien Stemware _slider

Quote Originally Posted by chava1106 View Post
    do you know how to take the numbers off the left side of the categories?
    Admin>My Store>Show Category Counts . Set to "false".

Hope this helps.
    Teach them to shop and they will shop today;
    Teach them to Zen and they will OWN a shop tomorrow!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chava1106 View Post
    i just put everything to the left column via the back end then in the css (i think) i made the middle column bigger.

I also have a sister site which is sorta linked to Tally Taylor it is tallytaylor.com/daniella that one i switched it to a light tan and brown themed page check it out what do you think of it?
    Thanks for the CSS tip.

I like your brown Daniella site even more! Black/dark sites can look great, but I think are also more dangerous re visibility and usability. Plus may set wrong mood. But many of our designer's sites are black/dark.

Looks like we're in the same business. Are you the designer or what is the affiliate?

EDIT: Your lightbox pop-up is very large and I have a large monitor. Have to scroll down to click the X to turn it off. You might set lightbox to turn off by clicking the photo in general or off to the side. Just a thought.
    Last edited by SPH; 4 Jul 2012 at 06:24 PM.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SPH View Post

Looks like we're in the same business. Are you the designer or what is the affiliate?
    I am the designer/intern. i thought i was suppose to do Photoshop type of work but when the boss found out i could do CSS and HTML he told me to redo his website...
    I never worked with a store site before, and the php is confusing me so much

Your lightbox pop-up is very large and I have a large monitor. Have to scroll down to click the X to turn it off. You might set lightbox to turn off by clicking the photo in general or off to the side. Just a thought.
    I will look into it thank you!
    P.S. if you have any tips on how to fix it i am all ears!

Plugin Contributions

i figured out the light box thing... :)

still puzzled by my looped slider...

Plugin Contributions

Here's one tip: Going back to the Tally Taylor site. The category pages load slow for me and I think it is due to the images, which are very large (even if they do not appear to be).

Zencart's default image system is to use a small, medium and large photo of each and every photo. The "small" is what appears on the category pages (size can be set in admin). But making three sets of images is alot of work...and a real pain if one decides to change the size of the images.

Do you have Image Handler installed? It will take care of all that. You only upload one photo...the large photo...and Image Handler will take care of the re-sizing for small and medium. Looks like you have ZC 1.5 so you will want the new Image Handler 4. Here is the support thread and it has a link to the download:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...Support-Thread

Image Handler allows you to instantly change or adjust the size of your images in the admin. I do this often as I test templates. No more making three static sets of images.

Another optimization tip: Apart from the actual image dimension size, the file size looks a little large. I'm speaking of KB size. I now run my images through the free Irfanview program both to re-size the actual image dimension size (my largest is normally 800px high with height greater than width) and to also reduce it's file size. The trick is to reduce the image KB size enough for fast loading but before the photo degrades and looks like they have leprosy. Just don't overwrite the originals in case of mistake! Perhaps you have a similar program to handle images.

PS: I meant that it looks like we're in the dress business and was wondering if you're the dress designer.
    Last edited by SPH; 5 Jul 2012 at 05:42 PM.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Do you have Image Handler installed? It will take care of all that. You only upload one photo...the large photo...and Image Handler will take care of the re-sizing for small and medium. Looks like you have ZC 1.5 so you will want the new Image Handler 4. Here is the support thread and it has a link to the download:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...Support-Thread

Image Handler allows you to instantly change or adjust the size of your images in the admin. I do this often as I test templates. No more making three static sets of images.
    That is next on my list to do... from the boss.

Plugin Contributions

PS: I meant that it looks like we're in the dress business and was wondering if you're the dress designer.
    I wish...
    i never went to school for it but i grew up drawing dresses and different other types of clothing...
    I am thinking of getting into the clothing design business eventually..
    my sister en-law is in that business but the maternity side of it.

Plugin Contributions

I am using the Alien Stemware template and I am trying to have the rotating banner appear only on the home page. I think I followed the directions correctly, however the banner does not show on any pages.
    http://theliquidgoldcompany.com/onlinestore Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12