Plugin Contributions

Default Changing Pending & Processing...

Hello, I have searched and have not found the answer. In ZC I would like to change the words Pending to Order Received and Processing to Shipped.

I did the developers tool kit...just not sure which file and where to change it.

Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing Pending & Processing...

BE CAREFUL

"Pending" means "Order received, but payment not yet processed"
    "Processing" means "order received, payment received, fulfillment is in the process of being completed"

ie: "processing" does NOT mean nor imply "shipped".

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr Byte, thank you for replying. Is there a way to add Shipped....before Delivered?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Why? Aren't they the same thing?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Zadris View Post
    Hello, I have searched and have not found the answer. In ZC I would like to change the words Pending to Order Received and Processing to Shipped.

I did the developers tool kit...just not sure which file and where to change it.

Thank you.
    Rather than change those existing status words (as some of the payment modules expect them as is)

Add NEW status words here admin\localization\Orders Status

PS: I changed "delivered" to "despatched" as it is more easily understood by us Aussies
    Last edited by gilby; 30 Jun 2012 at 01:31 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Zadris View Post
    Hi Dr Byte, thank you for replying. Is there a way to add Shipped....before Delivered?
    ::Edit:: was meant to quote Dr Byte - "Why? Aren't they the same thing? " not Zadris!

This one confused me too, I read Shipped as they have been dispatched and Delivered as the customer has received them. This is based on my understanding of terminology as a customer though, not a seller, I don't know if there is a difference lol

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Fair.
    "Shipped" does imply "delivered to the shipping company so they can then deliver it to the customer".
    "Delivered" alone is more directly relevant to a virtual product which as been instantly delivered digitally.

I can see where you might want to differentiate those. But that just means more administrative work for you in your store's backend administration to keep things updated. And I doubt you're going to later go and update "Shipped" to "Delivered" unless you have some automated tool set up to tell you when the shipper has confirmed delivery to the customer.

I'd be inclined to rename it to "Shipped/Delivered" ... or as "Dispatched" as suggested by someone earlier.

Plugin Contributions

I will just leave it at Processing..until actually delivered...thanks

Plugin Contributions

We added shipped as we were receiving irate customer calls that their item was delivered but "someone must have taken it off my porch."