Plugin Contributions

Default Missing Page Check not working.

My site which was upgraded from V1.3.9 to V1.5 and also now a fresh V1.5 install both have a problem of the missing page check not working. (just get a blank page)

Setting the options to either of these below does not change anything for a missing page.

On = Send missing pages to 'index'
    Off = Don't check for missing pages
    Page Not Found = display the Page-Not-Found page

At first I thought maybe something didn't copy over correctly when I upgraded so having some free time I did a fresh install of V1.5 on a separate database and I still have the problem of it not working.

Is there something extra I should be doing? adding a .htaccess file to the main directory? or could this be an issue with the server I am on? (Host is AusWeb with the Starter package)
    Last edited by Ch4iS; 4 Jul 2012 at 10:32 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Missing Page Check not working.

Have you looked in your installation's /cache folder to see what's in the debug*.log files? Those will give you an indication of what your white-page problem is.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Have you looked in your installation's /cache folder to see what's in the debug*.log files? Those will give you an indication of what your white-page problem is.

Hi, most of what I can see in the cache folder are errors from when the shipping module I'm using had problems updating and would refuse to checkout.

Apart from that the following errors, but being a single set of errors over 2 months I don't think they are serious, or are they?

[20-Jun-2012 18:53:58] PHP Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/****/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 134

[20-Jun-2012 18:54:02] PHP Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/****/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 134

Both errors happened 2 days after the Shipping Module issue and none since then.

I'll check the server logs tonight and post back.

Plugin Contributions

From the raw access logs in cpanel, this is where the host said to look when I asked how to view the server error log, some random missing links I searched which I assume should trigger the missing page check. (/fresh/ is the installed directory for the clean V1.5 installation)

220.233.11.128 - - [06/Jul/2012:00:27:18 +1000] "GET /fresh/insaafs HTTP/1.1" 404 613 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1"
    220.233.11.128 - - [06/Jul/2012:00:27:22 +1000] "GET /fresh/insaaffggk HTTP/1.1" 404 613 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1"
    220.233.11.128 - - [06/Jul/2012:00:27:25 +1000] "GET /fresh/dmin HTTP/1.1" 404 613 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1"

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The "missing page check" in Zen Cart only deals with "missing Zen Cart pages", which are identified by "index.php?main_page=THE_PAGE_NAME_HERE"
    You are talking about something else.

What you're talking about is the server's own handling of invalid URLs, which is completely outside the control of Zen Cart.
    That said, your logs show that you did indeed get a 404 response. And the page displayed from that response would be the standard 404 page served by your hosting company's standard server configuration.

If you want to intercept that normal operation so that the server's 404 response redirects to your Zen Cart's main_page=page_not_found, then you can incorporate the sample code from the /extras/.htaccess-example into your own custom /.htaccess file. Note that there is no /.htaccess file in the base of your Zen Cart store, because Zen Cart doesn't require one there for normal operation. You will need to create a new file there for that purpose. (The other .htaccess files in Zen Cart's subdirectories are not suitable for use in the base of your store/site)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your time and help DrByte