Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Attribute Controller: WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try ..

This is a nightmare with latest Zencart version. I can't post a url to my admin area obviously and won't but I am using 1.51.

When I go to add options to an attribute drop down type, I immediately get a white page with a lame message "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.". It seems that Zencart has gotton more difficult to use and buggy since last time I used it. I want to set up something for my woodcraft hobby but spent all weekend trying to get around this. I originally thought it was due to an URI rewrite mod but I resorted to a vanilla reinstall and still fails.

What is going on? Anyone else experience this and what is the fix?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute Controller: WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and tr

A bug!?!?! Yes. One. You happen to have stumbled on the one trouble-causing bug in v1.5.1 ... and the fix for it is explained here: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...25#post1154025

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute Controller: WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and tr

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    A bug!?!?! Yes. One. You happen to have stumbled on the one trouble-causing bug in v1.5.1 ... and the fix for it is explained here: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...25#post1154025
    Thanks for prompt response, but I tried the patch and error still persists. This has to be a huge bug. My setup is crippled until I can find a way around it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Calm down.

Let's find out the exact error that's causing the generic "WARNING: ..." message to be displayed: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...-and-try-again

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I enabled strict reporting and error I am getting is: 1062 Duplicate entry '1-1' for key 'PRIMARY'
    in:
    [insert into dw_products_options_values (products_options_values_id, language_id, products_options_values_name, products_options_values_sort_order) values ('1', '1', 'Recycled Lumber (Pine/Fir)', '1')]

This error has went on from the very beginning. I can create text attributes but any dropdown attribute fails when I attempt to add options to any one of them.

Plugin Contributions

The error logs pointed to a duplicate entry error for "dw_products_options_values". I deleted all the records in that table and went back through the attributes and now I can add options. Probably some complex code not incrementing the counter correctly when creating a new record?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The problem occurs when people manually delete entries from various tables (or selectively import partial records from partial tables from old databases).

The "bug" was a logic flaw in the "fix" intended to resolve a commonly-reported challenge on the forum. Unfortunately the flaw made it past QA undetected.

Thanks for confirming that after applying the correct code fix, clearing the bad data in your database table now allows the code to work as it was intended.

Plugin Contributions

I applied the new files (patch) as instructed, and I still get the same warning message. I didn't delete or change anything manually in the database, as I am not familiar with how to do this...so what are the steps I need to take to fix this issue if the patch didn't work?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by paperthreads View Post
    I applied the new files (patch) as instructed, and I still get the same warning message. I didn't delete or change anything manually in the database, as I am not familiar with how to do this...so what are the steps I need to take to fix this issue if the patch didn't work?
    First thing to do before applying ANY plugin is backup both the application and the database. I am a retired Sequel database programmer and pretty much know a lot of MySQL as a result, and have used Zencart on several websites now, so I knew which records to delete. Zencart uses a relational database with tables broken down into individual components. Doing that does shorten the overhead. However, if you delete the wrong data, the results can be unpredictable and bizarre. I do not recommend anyone delete data via phpMyAdmin unless you are absolutely sure what you are doing because you can create a huge mess. I did have a backup but wanted to see what it did, so I went ahead and deleted the records that were causing the plugin to report a duplicate key entry attempt.

There is an admin utility in the plugins to backup your Zencart. You should backup immediately before installing a plugin and use that utility to backup both the application and the database. If you do have a backup, the fix really is to apply the backup or follow the uninstall instructions in the plugin and start again. However, in my case the uninstall procedure on the plugin did not remove faulty data.

If you read the debug logs under /logs/ it will generally tell you that a duplicate key entry was attempted and that gives you the clue to delete those records.
    Last edited by dmm2020; 28 Feb 2013 at 02:36 PM.

Plugin Contributions

[30-Apr-2013 18:01:11] PHP Fatal error: 1062uplicate entry '0-1' for key 'PRIMARY' :: INSERT INTO zen_products_options_values (products_options_values_id, language_id, products_options_values_name) VALUES (0, 1, 'TEXT') in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/d132s/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 120

Can someone please interpret this into english and tell me how to resolve the issue?
    thank you for your time and help!
    i'm using version 1.51

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast