Thread: Status disabled

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Status disabled

When I log in and go to my Catalog / Products area in my admin my Status enabled / disabled is always on disabled. I do not remember this happening before with 1.39. I am using 1.5.0 now. Did I forget to turn something on in my admin/ config area? I can click on the red x and it stays on (green) until I leave or get logged off. Then when I log on it is back to a red x that shows disabled.
    One last question. Every thing seems to be working when it is disabled. So what exactly is disabled?
    Mark
    www.classic-flatware.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I shoot an arrow into the air, where it lands I do not care: I get my arrows wholesale!” Curly Howard

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Status disabled

The "status enabled/disabled" thing you're talking about is for the filter menu.

The red "X" which you circled in the image you posted, it refers to whether the dropdown filter menu is displayed or not. If you click it then the dropdown menu will appear and the red X will disappear.

The dropdown/pulldown filter menu is *not* displayed by default because it requires significant server resources to prepare that list, and on larger stores that will cause a serious slowdown when you try to view that page. If you need that feature, you can click it to turn it on and use it. But if you don't need it, then it won't cause any slowdowns on you either since it's disabled by default.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The "status enabled/disabled" thing you're talking about is for the filter menu.

The red "X" which you circled in the image you posted, it refers to whether the dropdown filter menu is displayed or not. If you click it then the dropdown menu will appear and the red X will disappear.

The dropdown/pulldown filter menu is *not* displayed by default because it requires significant server resources to prepare that list, and on larger stores that will cause a serious slowdown when you try to view that page. If you need that feature, you can click it to turn it on and use it. But if you don't need it, then it won't cause any slowdowns on you either since it's disabled by default.
    I'm seeing the opposite on a fresh v1.5.0 install, i.e. the filter menu is displayed by default (showing Status-disabled and the red-x icon); clicking on the red-x produces a green-check icon and the filter menu is no longer displayed.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes you are correct. The red X appears by default. Clicking it changes the filter and shows a green checkmark instead.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Mine shows as a red x meaning disabled, but that is when the sort box shows.
    When I make a green enable icon show, there is no drop box.
    (I thought it would be the other way around?)

I'd like to make this off by default on login as we have a lot of categories.
    Is this possible? (even though as above the red x for disabled, does show...)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mcpisik View Post
    Mine shows as a red x meaning disabled, but that is when the sort box shows.
    When I make a green enable icon show, there is no drop box.
    Yes, that is correct. I explained it differently in my prior post. Apologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcpisik View Post
    I'd like to make this off by default on login as we have a lot of categories.
    Is this possible?
    Yes. It'll require setting the default value in the core code to the opposite of what it does now.
    Change /admin/includes/modules/category_product_listing.php
    line 17:
    Code:
    if (!isset($_SESSION['display_categories_dropdown'])) {
      $_SESSION['display_categories_dropdown'] = 0; // change to 1 for the default to have it hidden.
    }