Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default New orders and customer not visible in the control panel

A friend is having issues seeing orders in the admin control panel. Customers can process their orders fine but it's just not showing up under new orders and new customer in ZenCart although she does get a confirmation email. Her site was designed last year and was working great until she transfered hosting from godaddy to siteground. I'm a web design but never work with Zencart so I don't know where to start, please bear with me.
    My question is how critical is this issue? Is there some settings in the Admin control panel that can resolve this issue or some module that need to be installed to correct the problem.
    Could it be that some files where corrupted during the hosting changes, given that it was working properly prior.
    Would appreciate any help and please keep it simple with your answer, I really don't know anything about Zencart

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New orders and customer not visible in the control panel

An update:
    she is using version 1.3.9h which I want to upgrade to 1.5.0 but am a bit hesitant as newer version could have bugs. Worse case scenario I would back up the site and downloaded to my laptop upgrade to 1.5.0. Is there anything I should be aware of when upgrading or uploading the back up files should the problem worsen? Please advise.
    Looking at the Payment Modules, this is what I see:

Authorize.net (SIM) authorizenet
    Authorize.net (AIM) authorizenet_aim
    Authorize.net - eCheck authorizenet_echeck
    Cash on Delivery cod
    The Zen Cart FREE CHARGE CARD freecharger
    FirstData/Linkpoint/YourPay API linkpoint_api
    Check/Money Order moneyorder
    PayPal Website Payments Standard - IPN PayPal
    PayPal Website Payments Pro PayPal
    PayPal Express Checkout PayPal

Paypal IPN is not installed but PayPal Express Checkout on the other end is installed.
    I would appreciate any assistance and recommendation please.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesoul View Post
    Her site was designed last year and was working great until she transfered hosting
    Probably the new host is using a version of PHP that has a conflict.
    You've not given any information about the server configuration.

Maybe you're running into this problem: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...964#post953964

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am having the identical problem. Zen 1.3.8a PHP 5.2.17

~ No new orders
    ~ No new customers
    ~ No counter history update
    ~ Product view counters stopped

PayPal/Authorize.net both work and I am getting orders. I do want to upgrade to 1.5.0, but need for the cart to work properly before I proceed, as well as double check that the mods I have installed for this version work with 1.5

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by xcergy View Post
    I am having the identical problem. Zen 1.3.8a PHP 5.2.17

~ No new orders
    ~ No new customers
    ~ No counter history update
    ~ Product view counters stopped

PayPal/Authorize.net both work and I am getting orders. I do want to upgrade to 1.5.0, but need for the cart to work properly before I proceed, as well as double check that the mods I have installed for this version work with 1.5
    I don't follow you. First you say "no new orders, no new customers" and then immediately you say "paypal/authorize.net both work and I am getting orders".
    So, which is it?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The cart does not reflect new orders, etc. on the admin home page. I suspect a corrupted DB, but don't know how to fix the problem. I went to sqladmin and ran a repair request, but that did not fix the problem. The admin home page last entry is 5/11/2012.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sounds like your admin configure.php is pointing to a different database than your non-admin configure.php file.
    Or you've got errors on your site that are preventing orders from completing properly, thus there are no entries being saved upon payment completion.
    Or you've been hacked (you *are* using seriously outdated code that has known security problems) and thereby someone has completely hijacked the payment process.

Or some combination of the above.

First thing to do is a *thorough* inspection and cleanup:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...ing_From_Hacks

Plugin Contributions

Both config files share the same path names.

The problem started when my host did a renewal of my SSL Cert and they messed up the install. They fixed the problem, but that's when I see the current problem. Last week, I called the host to verify correct path names to the DB and they did. Still, I would like to know how to manually find the DB. Is there a way to ping it?

I'm certain the site has not been hacked ..... at least I don't see any changes to the core files.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Both config files share the same path names.
    I wasn't talking about path names. I was talking about database details. ie: the DB_xxxxxxxx settings in your configure.php files.

Databases aren't stored on "path names" or "files" or "folders" that are accessible to end-users such as yourself. They are accessed by a login name and password via software that knows how to talk to the database engine.
    Still, I would like to know how to manually find the DB. Is there a way to ping it?
    What do you mean by "manually find the DB"?

The database is in the MySQL system on your webserver. If you need help finding it or gaining access to the raw database content (not advisable if you don't already know about MySQL databases, and your questions suggest such), then you need to talk to your hosting company for instructions. They're the experts on how their servers are configured and what tools can be used to access them.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry if I'm not using the correct verbage. DB name/password/location is the same in both config files. Yes, I can access the DB via the control panel. (MySQLadmin)

At least some of the cart is working, as I can add new product items and variables.

My host's CS has not been helpful. They claim all is well on their end and refer me to this forum as they do not support 3p software. Sounds like a catch-22 to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast