Plugin Contributions

Default implementing jquery datatables plugin

hi I am trying to use the datatables plugin with server side processing on one of my pages. I have created a static page and the javascript is working fine but when calling the server_processing.php file that connects to the db I get a 500 internal server error when it tries to GET the file. this is doen through ajax. if anyone has any info it would greatly be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: implementing jquery datatables plugin

Seriously? This is like me asking you how I can get better gas mileage on my vehicle. You reckon you might want some more info from me?
    We sure do from you.
    Please hit reply and give us some of the info from the posting tips along with any other information short of shoe size that might help us help you.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's really not a Zen Cart question. But, from looking at the code in the server_processing.php file it looks like a "500 Internal Server Error" will be triggered if the script encounters any database errors. It looks like the script attempts to also display the actual database-error-message too, but I suspect that if you're not running Apache on your webserver then the 500 error will also stop the display of the secondary error message information that would help you suss the actual problem you're encountering.

So ... put your correct database-connection info into your /datatables/mysql.php and/or your server_processing.php file, and things will probably work better.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

thank you Dr. Byte,

I managed to get it working but I am stil stumped by the zen cart framework. I had to put the file in my root folder otherwise I always get a 500 error this has happened multiple times when trying to make ajax calls. is there a specific way I can use a php file such as server_processing that gets called by an ajax request and say put it in a folder deeper into the structure of zen cart? I have many static pages i have created and msot of which I could really use ajax calls through jquery but if i put the php file in the location: includes/modules/pages/mypage it never seems to work. what is the best way to use php scripts with zen carts framework?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You can't put PHP files inside the /includes/ folder if you want to call them directly. Access to the includes folder is restricted to scripts that exist outside it. You cannot call them directly from your browser. This is for security reasons.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.