Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Calculated shipping doesn't show up when an item is free shipping.

I have a new problem, which I discovered today, when a customer from Vancouver called me to inform me that the order they were trying to place an order, and couldn't get the shipping price. I discovered that the few items I had free shipping on, the shipping calculator only shows free shipping, unless I use my own zip code, then it would only show store pickup also. I tried un-checking always free shipping, changing the weight to zero, and activating the free shipping if the weight is zero, and I still have the same problem. If I add an item to the cart that does not have free shipping, with a free shipping item, then the shipping calculator works fine. This is the first time that I have sold free shipping items, and so I don't know if this problem existed when I was running 1.3.8a.

version: 1.5.0

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Calculated shipping doesn't show up when an item is free shipping.

Install the FREE SHIPPING freeshipper shipping module ... this allows 0 weight Products to be able to checkout when they are the only Product in the cart ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

If you are talking about the free shipping module that is pre installed, then yes, I am using it. I even tried removing, and reinstalling, and it made no difference. Here are the settings I have for the freeshipper module:
    FREE SHIPPING
    Enable Free Shipping =True
    Free Shipping Cost=0.00
    Handling Fee=0
    Tax Class=Taxable Goods
    Shipping Zone=USA
    Sort Order=0

Here is what I see when I enter the info my my customer in canada:

Shipping quotes are based on the address information you selected:
    British Columbia v3w 1a3 Canada
    Available Shipping Methods Rates

Here is what I see when I enter my location:
    Shipping quotes are based on the address information you selected:
    Utah 84747 United States
    Available Shipping Methods Rates
    FREE SHIPPING! (No Delivery Charge) $0.00
    Store Pickup (Walk In) $0.00

As you can see, My customers in the us cannot choose a faster shipping option, and international customers have no option.

Plugin Contributions

Always Free Shipping and/or 0 weight on the Product when 0 weight is set to mean Free Shipping only gives the FREE SHIPPING! freeshipper shipping module ...

You have a Zone for the US on that Module so the other countries have no available shipping ...

Are the Free Shipping Products Free Shipping to *everyone*, or just the US?

If the Free Shipping on the Free Shipping Products are just for the US, then what should happen with those for the Rest of the World?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

The free shipping items that I am selling only costs me $.90 to ship in the us, which is why it is free. If an international customer wants to purchase one of these items, they can't at this point. I am asking if there is a way of having the items free in the us, and have the calculated shipping, if a us customer wants it faster, or if an international customer wants one of these items.

Plugin Contributions

If you mark the Free Shipping Products for the US as Always Free Shipping and add weight to them ... you can make the following customizations to make the Regular Shipping modules show at the same time as the Always Free Shipping module for your Zone Definition that is allowed to have Free Shipping on these products that are marked as Always Free Shipping ... and for those not in the Zone Definition, only the Regular shipping modules will work ...

Let's say you want to offer Always Free Shipping for your Zone Definition that is allowed Free Shipping and show Regular shipping modules at the same time, using USPS as the example ...

Customize the file:
    /includes/modules/shipping/usps.php

with the code in RED:
    Code:
    // bof: Always show regular shipping even when Always Free Shipping
        // disable only when entire cart is free shipping
    //    if (zen_get_shipping_enabled($this->code)) {
          $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
    //    }
    // eof: Always show regular shipping even when Always Free Shipping
    Customize the file:
    /includes/classes/shipping.php

with the code in RED:
    Code:
      function calculate_boxes_weight_and_tare() {
        global $total_weight, $shipping_weight, $shipping_quoted, $shipping_num_boxes;

// bof: Always show regular shipping even when Always Free Shipping
        $total_weight += $_SESSION['cart']->free_shipping_weight;
    // eof: Always show regular shipping even when Always Free Shipping

if (is_array($this->modules)) {
    Then, on the FREE SHIPPING freeshipper shipping module, add the Zone Definition that is allowed to have Free Shipping and show the other shipping modules at the same time ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted. If I wanted to have ups quotes show as well, would it be something similar? I tried this, and it doesn't seem to work in the ups.php:
    Code:
        // disable only when entire cart is free shipping
     //   if (zen_get_shipping_enabled($this->code)) {
     //     $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_UPS_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
     //   }

//   if ($this->enabled) {

Plugin Contributions

Glad that this worked for you ...

For any other shipping module that you want to show, add the comment marks ( // ) in a similar manner that were made in the usps.php in the code ... I like to add the comments that the changes were made as well to help identify the changes made for future updates ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

You have too many lines commented out:
    Code:
     //     $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_UPS_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
    Code:
     //   if ($this->enabled) {
    those comment marks do not belong there ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I missed that. It works perfectly now. I would really like to learn php, so that I can try to figure these things out myself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast