Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 97 of 97
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    62
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Reviews - Updated [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Thanks for the follow-up. I'll make a note to review the plugin's code for use with ZC1.5.5!
    no problems, been a pleasure banging my head for an afternoon. no much knowledge of php here but still good to read code and make some comparison. not really sure if it was the code itself or just my template, the layout was quite different.

    maybe somebody using it in the current version with a different template can say. using yourstore from perfectus. great template.

    regards

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    8,956
    Plugin Contributions
    71

    Default Re: Reviews - Updated [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by satello View Post
    no problems, been a pleasure banging my head for an afternoon. no much knowledge of php here but still good to read code and make some comparison. not really sure if it was the code itself or just my template, the layout was quite different.

    maybe somebody using it in the current version with a different template can say. using yourstore from perfectus. great template.

    regards
    Ah, that makes a little more sense (to me, anyway) as that YourStore template does have a tendency to carve the out of the built-in template modules.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    1,342
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: Reviews - Updated [Support Thread]

    Hi Cindy - I have gone through the forum but I may have missed this, and likely misinterpreting the 'guest' thing (so for anyone NOT logged in I call a guest)

    - Q how does a guest enter their name in the 'written by' for writing a review? The only way I could get the plugin to work as a guest was to change Configuration->Minimum Values->>Product Review Write - Guest Reviewer Name (default: 5) to 0 - otherwise the review did not submit (and the 'your review has been submitted for approval' message does not appear at top of page).

    I am using westminster_new template - screenshot below - there isn't a text box to allow typing of name, a template issue?

    I look forward to your reply.

    cheers,
    Mike
    p.s. I hope you escaped the worst of the latest hurricane (Dorian?)

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    1,342
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: Reviews - Updated [Support Thread]

    oooops!! forgot to attach screenshot

    Name:  Harmony Ball Necklace  Baby Feet inside a Heart  Sterling Silver.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  23.1 KB

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    1,342
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: Reviews - Updated [Support Thread]

    Hello Cindy - my apologies - please IGNORE my posts above - I figured out the issue was to do with my template - jumped the gun too early. This plugin works great.

    There is one question though :) - can the date of a review be changed after submission - date cannot be edited in admin/catalog/reviews (only review text which is strange, content can be edited but nothing else).

    Because I didn't have the reviews by guests set up properly for a long, long time I have missed out on some who would have otherwise left reviews - they actually sent emails saying how happy they were with the product(s) - I want to copy the content of their positive remarks and submit a review with it but I really want to be able to change the dates otherwise I could have a number of reviews all with the same date which may look suspicious to Mr Google Bot - any ideas?

    cheers Mike

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    8,956
    Plugin Contributions
    71

    Default Re: Reviews - Updated [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Hello Cindy - my apologies - please IGNORE my posts above - I figured out the issue was to do with my template - jumped the gun too early. This plugin works great.

    There is one question though :) - can the date of a review be changed after submission - date cannot be edited in admin/catalog/reviews (only review text which is strange, content can be edited but nothing else).

    Because I didn't have the reviews by guests set up properly for a long, long time I have missed out on some who would have otherwise left reviews - they actually sent emails saying how happy they were with the product(s) - I want to copy the content of their positive remarks and submit a review with it but I really want to be able to change the dates otherwise I could have a number of reviews all with the same date which may look suspicious to Mr Google Bot - any ideas?

    cheers Mike
    Mike, the plugin affects only the storefront "offering" and acceptance of reviews by guests; it doesn't have any admin-level component. That address-change can be performed in the admin, through a kind of convoluted process, though.

    Log into the admin, go to Catalog->Reviews and view the review whose date should be updated. You'll see a link similar to the following:
    Code:
    http://localhost/site/admin/reviews.php?page=1&rID=16&action=edit
    That rID value identifies the reviews_id associated with that review.

    Armed with that information, go to Tools->Install SQL Patches and enter the following to change that review's date-added to a specific date:
    Code:
    UPDATE reviews SET date_added = '2019-09-18 00:00:00' WHERE reviews_id = 16 LIMIT 1;
    Alternatively, you could set the date_added to today's date:
    Code:
    UPDATE reviews SET date_added = now() WHERE reviews_id = 16 LIMIT 1;

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    1,342
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: Reviews - Updated [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Mike, the plugin affects only the storefront "offering" and acceptance of reviews by guests; it doesn't have any admin-level component. That address-change can be performed in the admin, through a kind of convoluted process, though.

    Log into the admin, go to Catalog->Reviews and view the review whose date should be updated. You'll see a link similar to the following:
    Code:
    http://localhost/site/admin/reviews.php?page=1&rID=16&action=edit
    That rID value identifies the reviews_id associated with that review.

    Armed with that information, go to Tools->Install SQL Patches and enter the following to change that review's date-added to a specific date:
    Code:
    UPDATE reviews SET date_added = '2019-09-18 00:00:00' WHERE reviews_id = 16 LIMIT 1;
    Alternatively, you could set the date_added to today's date:
    Code:
    UPDATE reviews SET date_added = now() WHERE reviews_id = 16 LIMIT 1;
    Thank you very much Cindy .... again you have come to the fore or as we would say in Australia "your blood is worth bottling" :)

    Very much appreciated.

    cheers, Mike

 

 
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Similar Threads

  1. Hebrew Support - new release [Support Thread]
    By eranariel in forum Addon Language Packs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 9 Oct 2019, 09:32 PM
  2. ZX Slideshow support thread
    By balihr in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 655
    Last Post: 21 Sep 2019, 11:58 PM
  3. v150 Orders Status History -- Updated By [Support Thread]
    By lat9 in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 29 Jul 2019, 07:05 PM
  4. v151 Reviews Reply addon [Support Thread]
    By mikestaps in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 17 Oct 2014, 01:29 AM
  5. Replies: 68
    Last Post: 29 Jul 2013, 06:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR