Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reviews - Updated [Support Thread]

Hi
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before but while doing SEO using seo doctor on firefox my title tags had 2 H1 tags causing errors .
    I eventually found it (with a little help :) ) to be the reviews on every product page

I changed includes/template/your template/ template/tpl_product_reviews_write_default
    line 12
    <h1 id="reviewsWriteHeading"><?php echo $products_name . $products_model; ?></h1>
    and changed the h1 tags to h2 which then fixed my double tag issues.
    So not sure if it is an error or just my template or just me..

thanks

Plugin Contributions

ATSWorld, since there's only one <h1> tag in the tpl_product_reviews_write_default.php file that comes with this plugin and since the "standard" Zen Cart behavior is to have this page (product_reviews_write) as a stand-alone page, I'm guessing that it's an issue with your template.

From what you've said, the template seems to be imbedding the contents of the product_reviews_write page into the product_info page.

Plugin Contributions

@lat9. quick question. how does the details of guest reviewers get stored? does it create a dummy account in table cutomers?
    I ask because isnt this where the standard reviews module pulls the info from?

if it does create a dummy account does this cause problems if the user trys to create an account later?

Thanks
    Phil Rogers
    A problem shared is a problem solved.

Plugin Contributions

Phil, the only detail stored for a guest reviewer is the name they entered. All of the reviews information is stored in the reviews table, which is customer-independent and contains its own field for the 'customers_name' (i.e. the name of the reviewer). The only difference for a guest reviewer is that the customer_id value that's stored is 0 (since there's no id associated with them).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Phil, the only detail stored for a guest reviewer is the name they entered. All of the reviews information is stored in the reviews table, which is customer-independent and contains its own field for the 'customers_name' (i.e. the name of the reviewer). The only difference for a guest reviewer is that the customer_id value that's stored is 0 (since there's no id associated with them).

Fantastic, thanks for clarifying :o) will install tonight!
    Phil Rogers

Plugin Contributions

@lat9

Works perfect thank you!

just one thing, is it possible to move the notification message:
    Your review has been submitted for approval.

so that instead of coming up above the top of the website, have it like the one on the product info page does if you try and add items to cart without selecting required attributes etc?

I want the message to show around the area the form is?

Thanks
    Phil Rogers

Plugin Contributions

do I change this:
    $messageStack->add_session('header', REVIEWS_APPROVAL == '1' ? MESSAGE_REVIEW_SUBMITTED_APPROVAL : MESSAGE_REVIEW_SUBMITTED, 'success');

to this:
    $messageStack->add_session('review_text', REVIEWS_APPROVAL == '1' ? MESSAGE_REVIEW_SUBMITTED_APPROVAL : MESSAGE_REVIEW_SUBMITTED, 'success');

is that what will make it output by this one:
    <h1 id="reviewsWriteHeading"><?php echo $products_name . $products_model; ?></h1>
    <?php if ($messageStack->size('review_text') > 0) echo $messageStack->output('review_text'); ?>

??
    Phil Rogers

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by philip937 View Post
    do I change this:
    $messageStack->add_session('header', REVIEWS_APPROVAL == '1' ? MESSAGE_REVIEW_SUBMITTED_APPROVAL : MESSAGE_REVIEW_SUBMITTED, 'success');

to this:
    $messageStack->add_session('review_text', REVIEWS_APPROVAL == '1' ? MESSAGE_REVIEW_SUBMITTED_APPROVAL : MESSAGE_REVIEW_SUBMITTED, 'success');

is that what will make it output by this one:
    <?php if ($messageStack->size('review_text') > 0) echo $messageStack->output('review_text'); ?>

??
    It would ... if the message was going to be displayed by the product_reviews_write page. However, upon successful recording of the review, the reviews_write processing causes a redirect to the product_reviews page and there's no messaging used by the as-shipped page template (that's why the message is sent to the header, which is available on all pages).

So, you have two choices:
    1. Change /includes/modules/pages/product_reviews_write/header_php.php to change the message stack location and comment-out the redirect to the product_reviews page (on line 138).
    2. Change /includes/modules/pages/product_reviews_write/header_php.php to change the message stack location and also edit your template's version of /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_product_reviews_default.php to add the code
      PHP Code:
      <?php if ($messageStack->size('review_text') > 0) echo $messageStack->output('review_text'); ?>
      where you want the message displayed.

Plugin Contributions

With ya totally. Didn't notice the redirect. I think I'll just move the header output down to just below the top nav, that should be sufficient :-)

Cheers
    Phil Rogers

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I noticed two bugs of this module.
    1.it only accounts for newly written review.
    2. In admin review page,customers' name are shown the same as reviews.php in front website page. I want the customer's full name are shown in admin review page.
    Can you solve this two bugs?
    Thanks!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast