Default [Done v1.5.0,1.5.1]Authorize.net AIM module currency code invalid for GB UK customers

Have a customer that contacted us about not being able to checkout because they have a currency invalid error. I logged into their account and checked out fine using purchase order not CC. Checked my authorize.net account and see no errors. Searched zencart forum and can't find anything on this topic. I just enabled debug module but without my customer going through the transaction again I can not see what is going on.

Any ideas?
    Also is there a way to test this in GBP as well?

I am using the 1.3.9h zencart with multiple mods.

Thanks for your help

Default Re: Currency code invalid error for GBP UK customers

Here is the feed to authorize I was able to test using my credit card as well but selecting GBP for currency in top bar.
    Results Received back from Authorizenet: Array (
    [0] => Response from gateway
    [1] => 3
    [2] => 1
    [3] => 39
    [4] => The supplied currency code is either invalid, not supported, not allowed for this merchant or doesn't have an exchange rate.
    [5] =>
    [6] => P
    [7] => 0
    [8] => 11521-HFedNn

Default Bug in Zencart for currency code send?

I figured out why its happening but don't know how to fix it???

its sending the $amount which looks like USdollars, but for the currency code it is sending GBP. I think I need to have Zencart always send USD even if the customer selects GBP from the drop down menu in Zencart. This appears to be a bug in Zencart? is that correct?

Default Re: Currency code invalid error for GBP UK customers

Ok I figured out what works. Authorize.net does not accept anything but US dollars. So I commented out the line below in my authorize.net AIM payment module so that no code is sent and it seems to work.

//'x_currency_code' => $order->info['currency'],

Now I can only wonder how many sales were lost because of this little change. This must be a BUG in ZENCART AIM module.

Default Authorize.net AIM module currency code invalid

Authorize.net does not accept anything but US dollars from what they have said. So I commented out the line below in my authorize.net AIM payment module so that no code is sent and it seems to work. The dollars sent through my debugging report seem to be in US dollars, but zencart was sending the currency code in GBP for example when my customer changed the currency interface.

//'x_currency_code' => $order->info['currency'],

I tested by just changing the currency to GBP then use a US card. I also had my customer in UK put the order through after this change.
    I am not really a programmer and have several mods installed so I apologize if I seem to be missing something. I checked the latest download for 1.3.9 and the same line of code is there. So I don't think any mods I installed would have affected it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net AIM module currency code invalid

am sorry for my poor english, am from sweden and have just started my small shop....i also checked authoriz.net for swedish customers, but such services was only for US/CANADA zones...JPIETROWEAK do u mean that u can use authorize net supports even european payments card after u made this little change? (Am using 1.5.0v)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net AIM module currency code invalid for GB UK customers

The AIM module in v1.5.0 automatically converts prices into USD before submission, so that transaction amounts are submitted in their USD equivalent (based on your store's exchange rate data).

EDIT: Update: As of Q2-2013 Authnet now supports USD, CAD, GBP, EUR. To accommodate those currencies, make these changes: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/c...5c0319a9933be7
    Last edited by DrByte; 3 May 2013 at 05:20 PM. Reason: added code update link

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.