Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Big Royal Mail 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by brittainmark View Post
    That suggests it working fine. The rate cannot be determined means that it is out side the weight limits. The medium parcels are displaying fine. Try turning off display if invalid again on one the medium parcel and see if it still displays. if not then check the logs area should be in the folder /logs and look for any .log files with a date and time that is current. If it does still display then that would suggest that all is ok and you can turn off all the other display if invalid.
    If i add a book weighing under 300g, its actually a large letter. These are the only options available to us ?

Royal Mail 2nd Class "Letter" (The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time)
    Royal Mail 1st Class "Letter" (The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time)
    Royal Mail 2nd Class "Large Letter" (The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time)
    Royal Mail 1st Class "Large Letter" (The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time)
    Royal Mail 2nd Class "Small Parcel" (The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time)
    Royal Mail 1st Class "Small Parcel" (The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time)

Plugin Contributions

Have you put the weight in as 300 or .3 as bigroyal mail works on Kg not grams
    if you want to use grams you will have to adjust all the pricing weight by multiplying by 1000. So 1:2.45 would become 1000:2.45 etc.
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Plugin Contributions

Another thought are you using attribute posting? apply an attribute to a product so that it is posted using a minimum or only using that method.
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

Have you put the weight in as 300 or .3 as bigroyal mail works on Kg not grams
    if you want to use grams you will have to adjust all the pricing weight by multiplying by 1000. So 1:2.45 would become 1000:2.45 etc.

This is how the shipping weight is shown for large letters 0.169kg .... and we receive this (The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time). We have no attributes set up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shipping Module1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	19491Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shipping Module2.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	19490Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shipping Module3.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	19492

Plugin Contributions

it is the product set up that i was questioning not the bigroyal mail. That looks fine with a max weight of 750g 0.75 kg and a max value of £20 was the book worth more than £20. Each module has a max value associated with it normal mail is £20 signed for is £50 and special starts at £250 and goes up to about £2500 from top of my head. If you do not care about the value of the book if it is lost and are willing only to have the compensation offered by the post-office (as above) then you can change these values Set Maximum order value to a value that you are comfortable with so say you are happy to get back £20 on a book that cost £100 to your customer then you can up the maximum order value for that module to £100. You need to decide if you are happy to take the hit if the product goes missing or is damaged.
    Sorry I always forget about the price limit.
    Note if you change them and you use the updates I supply they normally reset the maximum back to the default level. You can change this if you need to in the Update.sql file that is supplied with each price update. (assuming I have found out about and managed to issue an update).
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

it is the product set up that i was questioning not the bigroyal mail. That looks fine with a max weight of 750g 0.75 kg and a max value of £20 was the book worth more than £20. Each module has a max value associated with it normal mail is £20 signed for is £50 and special starts at £250 and goes up to about £2500 from top of my head. If you do not care about the value of the book if it is lost and are willing only to have the compensation offered by the post-office (as above) then you can change these values Set Maximum order value to a value that you are comfortable with so say you are happy to get back £20 on a book that cost £100 to your customer then you can up the maximum order value for that module to £100. You need to decide if you are happy to take the hit if the product goes missing or is damaged.
    Sorry I always forget about the price limit.
    Note if you change them and you use the updates I supply they normally reset the maximum back to the default level. You can change this if you need to in the Update.sql file that is supplied with each price update. (assuming I have found out about and managed to issue an update).
    Thanks again for your assistance Mark.

Apologies for any misunderstanding.

Sure, we care about all of our products if they get lost or damaged. I am confused with 'maximum order values', by resetting this will allow price quotations for items under 500g Large Letters, specifically? Because at the moment we cannot get these prices to display ???

I maybe missing something here ?

Plugin Contributions

Update : Have reset maximum order values on a number of modules and still no difference we are afraid.

Is there any other setting/screenshot from within the Admin I can show you ?

Plugin Contributions

on other thought there is a place that you can add weight to you parcels to cope with the weight of packaging it could be this that is causing the issue.
    look at the documentation here and see hat the setting are:https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/admin...rcentageweight
    if set to default will add 1kg to a small package putting out side of the allowed weight. my settings are
    Package Tare Small to Medium - added percentage:weight 0:0.05 #this adds 50g to a small package
    Larger packages - added packaging percentage:weight 0:0 # this adds nothing to a large package

Its another complication that i keep forgetting about.
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

This is what it is set as :
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mgk View Post
    This is what it is set as :
    Sorry for delay in replying just got in.
    Package Tare Small to Medium - added percentage:weight 0:3 means add 3kg to the package which is why it will not send.change the 3 to something more sensible for you i use 0:0.05 to add 50g if you want to add 10% of the package weight then use 10:0 if you want to use 10% and add 100g then use 10:0.1
    Having looked at the code the Larger packages - added packaging percentage is only used if the total weight is above the site maximum shipping weight.

Hope that makes sense!
    Mark Brittain

Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast