Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Big Royal Mail 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyl Signs View Post
    Really appreciate your swift reply !
    Yes - it was / is an upgrade - although I've messed with trying to get a good postage / shipping solution for a long time - with many variations - and I did actually use the 3.3.2 on a test install yesterday - seemed to work ok - but I still decided to roll back to my previous install & ask the question this morning - thanks again - I can now go ahead...
    One thing I did notice when messing yesterday was that I could not get a shipping method to work for a test posting to Australia - so whether that's my shipping options setup incorrect - or something else - I'll have to spend some (more) time trying to understand the whole process...
    The latest is 3.3.7. Australia needs to be in the list of two letter codes for zone 2 countries, the code is "AU" they are comma seperated without the quotes. If it is there it could be because of the weight of the item.

Mark
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by brittainmark View Post
    The latest is 3.3.7. Australia needs to be in the list of two letter codes for zone 2 countries, the code is "AU" they are comma seperated without the quotes. If it is there it could be because of the weight of the item.
    Mark
    Thanks again ! - seems to be working now !

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again ! - seems to be working now !
    Hi - me again - After some time messing with various parts of admin and running a lot of test purchases - I have a question...
    The popup shipping estimator does not show the "included Royal Mail insurance" level for the various options - my preference would be for all shipments to have "fully insured" cover - I wonder what I'm missing ? - is this possible ? - to force "fully insured" shipping rates ? - I have tried adding a bit to the packing to help with the cost - but that's a bit hit & miss - and doesn't address the issue quite how I'd like....any thoughts ? (very much appreciate your time - and hope this hasn't been answered elsewhere before - I did look - but failed to find anything relevant)

Plugin Contributions

Really appreciate your swift reply !
    Yes - it was / is an upgrade - although I've messed with trying to get a good postage / shipping solution for a long time - with many variations - and I did actually use the 3.3.2 on a test install yesterday - seemed to work ok - but I still decided to roll back to my previous install & ask the question this morning - thanks again - I can now go ahead...
    One thing I did notice when messing yesterday was that I could not get a shipping method to work for a test posting to Australia - so whether that's my shipping options setup incorrect - or something else - I'll have to spend some (more) time trying to understand the whole process...
    Sorry for delay have been busy and away from computer. The default maximum values ensure that the item is coverd by royalmails insurance. So first/second class not signed is insured up to £20, Signed for is insuered for £50. Special delivery is insured for £250 with additional insurance if you want which is built into the cost. If you look a specila delivery you will see insurance as one of the settings. The only one that I beleive is not covered is international economy. Please note the comnpensation you recieve will be the value you paid for the goods and the postage you paid. NOT the value you charged your customer. Therfore you may wish to up the default values to reflect the cost of goods to you rather than your customers prices.
    Hope that makes sence.
    Mark
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

It seems that Royal Mail are hiking prices up for US postage from 1st July. To which end they have introduced a Zone 3. Any plans to get a mod in for this please?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Gwiazda View Post
    It seems that Royal Mail are hiking prices up for US postage from 1st July. To which end they have introduced a Zone 3. Any plans to get a mod in for this please?
    It seems to be only Small Parcels and Printed Papers that are affected, but the hike is quite substantial.

Plugin Contributions

I'll look into it. Probably take me a week or so. Should be doable.
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

I'll look into it. Probably take me a week or so. Should be doable.
    Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you.
    Have Submitted updated version. Should be there in a couple of days. The removal of USA from zone 1 was just a quick and dirty so you may have a blank entry in the country codes for existing modules. you can just edit the codes list to remove the additional comma. I have done a test on my system and seems to be OK. Please test to make sure OK for you. I have not seen any news as to parcelforce upping their prices so if you use parcelforce it may be worth checking on line about the 1st July to see if their rates have changed. (As a precaution you could temporally disable the modules when you have despatched your last order before 1 July and re-enable on 1st when you know the new prices if any). If they split USA in to a new zone it will need a program mod again.
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

Have Submitted updated version. Should be there in a couple of days. The removal of USA from zone 1 was just a quick and dirty so you may have a blank entry in the country codes for existing modules. you can just edit the codes list to remove the additional comma. I have done a test on my system and seems to be OK. Please test to make sure OK for you. I have not seen any news as to parcelforce upping their prices so if you use parcelforce it may be worth checking on line about the 1st July to see if their rates have changed. (As a precaution you could temporally disable the modules when you have despatched your last order before 1 July and re-enable on 1st when you know the new prices if any). If they split USA in to a new zone it will need a program mod again.
    Thank you again. I'll get that installed and tested next week.I don't have that many US orders atm, but am expecting more in a few weeks so the timing should work out OK.

I don't use Parcelforce as most of my stuff can go Large letter or Small parcel. They already have about 12 zones, of which US and Canada are in one. I had a look but can't see any price changes there.

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast