Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Big Royal Mail 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by brittainmark View Post
    Have Submitted updated version. Should be there in a couple of days. The removal of USA from zone 1 was just a quick and dirty so you may have a blank entry in the country codes for existing modules. you can just edit the codes list to remove the additional comma. I have done a test on my system and seems to be OK. Please test to make sure OK for you. I have not seen any news as to parcelforce upping their prices so if you use parcelforce it may be worth checking on line about the 1st July to see if their rates have changed. (As a precaution you could temporally disable the modules when you have despatched your last order before 1 July and re-enable on 1st when you know the new prices if any). If they split USA in to a new zone it will need a program mod again.
    Any idea how I would only enable this for a single category and disable all other shipping options please?
    Nick Smith - Venture Design and Print
    https://venturedesignandprint.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Big Royal Mail 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1973 View Post
    Any idea how I would only enable this for a single category and disable all other shipping options please?
    I did this on my site for books. I only have one book at the moment but the principle worked OK. I created a new attribute of book and cloned all the royal mail modules i wanted to use changing their name from RM... to BK... (and making a small change to the module) then applied the attribute to the book so that the only valid shipping for books was the BK methods. I had an additional complication in that we cannot send books with any other products so I also created an observer that check when you added items to the cart or that you were not mixing books with crystals.
    The only other shipping method I use is store collection so as everything else was royal mail the attribute shipping method for products worked fine.
    If you want to understand more you would have to look at the royal mail modules in the quote function you will see and array set up called $postage_check this is used in the combination with the attribute checking to see if the method can be used to dispatch the item. If you look in the include quote.php (in ...>shipping>BigRoyalMail>) you will see about line 75 onwards the check being performed.
    So the bottom line is if you are happy to do a bit of coding you can mod big royal mail and the other shipping methods that you use to make the changes you need.
    If is probably easier to do it for products that it s for a category as if like me you have a product in multiple categories then it does not matter were it comes from you probably need the different postage method.

Not sure if that helps.
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Plugin Contributions

Have Submitted updated version. Should be there in a couple of days. The removal of USA from zone 1 was just a quick and dirty so you may have a blank entry in the country codes for existing modules. you can just edit the codes list to remove the additional comma. I have done a test on my system and seems to be OK. Please test to make sure OK for you. I have not seen any news as to parcelforce upping their prices so if you use parcelforce it may be worth checking on line about the 1st July to see if their rates have changed. (As a precaution you could temporally disable the modules when you have despatched your last order before 1 July and re-enable on 1st when you know the new prices if any). If they split USA in to a new zone it will need a program mod again.
    Hi, Just went to install the mod and RemoveUSA.sql appears to be missing from the package

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Gwiazda View Post
    Hi, Just went to install the mod and RemoveUSA.sql appears to be missing from the package
    Sorry here is the code. I'll add it and release. Obviously too rushed.
    PHP Code:
    UPDATE configuration SET configuration_value REPLACE(configuration_value"US""")
    WHERE `configuration_keyLIKE "MODULE_SHIPPING_RMAM%ZONES_COUNTRIES%"
    You can manually remove US from all your Zone countries.This would be neater as the script will leave , , in the lists. This does not effect the running of the code.
    Last edited by brittainmark; 18 Jun 2020 at 02:07 PM. Reason: tidy sql code
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

OK, no problem. I wasn't sure if that was all it did so didn't want to risk it, but I'll do that manually. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Another issue - International Signed Large Letter is not showing Zone 3. Sods law that this is the one I use most
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled it 3 times just to check

Plugin Contributions

Another issue - International Signed Large Letter is not showing Zone 3. Sods law that this is the one I use most
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled it 3 times just to check
    That's because Royal mail are no longer doing signed to USA you have to use "tracked and signed" or "tracked". Make sure that you remove US from the signed modules if you have done it manually.
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

That's because Royal mail are no longer doing signed to USA you have to use "tracked and signed" or "tracked". Make sure that you remove US from the signed modules if you have done it manually.
    Ah, in which case you might want to remove the following from the SQL update as it causes an error
    UPDATE configuration SET configuration_value = @ROWHandlingZ3 WHERE configuration_key = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_RMAMTSLETTER_ZONES_HANDLING_4 ;

Plugin Contributions

Ah, in which case you might want to remove the following from the SQL update as it causes an error
    UPDATE configuration SET configuration_value = @ROWHandlingZ3 WHERE configuration_key = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_RMAMTSLETTER_ZONES_HANDLING_4 ;
    The issue is it is missing a quote should be
    UPDATE configuration SET configuration_value = @ROWHandlingZ3 WHERE configuration_key = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_RMAMTSLETTER_ZONES_HANDLING_4' ;

This one is for Tracked and Signed.

I must have slipped when I transferred the file. You wont' believe that I tested it fine on my system before I put it out there.
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

Fab, thanks :)

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast