Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Big Royal Mail 3.0

Sorry Been away again. I have just noticed that you only have the signed for options set. Can you check the Minimum Order Values are set to zero 0.00 I think the default is £20. or 20.00.
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by brittainmark View Post
    Sorry Been away again. I have just noticed that you only have the signed for options set. Can you check the Minimum Order Values are set to zero 0.00 I think the default is £20. or 20.00.
    Hope you had a nice holiday!

I checked and my Minimum Order Values are set to zero 0.00

I've been adding products to my store, I've had 1 sale which was UK, thankfully the postage was OK.

I was testing another product that weighs 150g and can be sent as large latter but it's giving me a small parcel price.

Plugin Contributions

looks like the issue is with large letter. Can you check the code in includes\modules\shipping\rm1stlargelettersf.php About line 31 is
    PHP Code:
    $postage_check = array(10); 
    includes\modules\shipping\rm1stmedparcelsf.php About line 31 is
    PHP Code:
    $postage_check = array(30); 
    I have tried a cake topper by itself and it appears ok except I would expect large letter and medium parcel to be shown.
    When I add a mug It then displays just small parcel. I would expect medium parcel as well.
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I am using 1.5.5.f zencart

With this module do you have to use pre-entered royal mail prices or can you set your own?
    I currently use another module for shipping but it has started playing up with my latest upgrade.

At present I base my rates on order value rather than weight and offer a flat rate uk price of £3.60 for standard first class post - would this module allow this? I also have sections for uk signed for and next day in UK and airmail + airmail signed for for overseas ( one set of prices for EU and one for ROW). All prices apart from the flat rate UK standard post one are tiered in value e.g. airmail europe is £4.00 upto an order value of £50, then £5.50 for order value upto £100 etc.

I also have a free local collect option for customers who stay near the premies.

Sorry for all the questions but I cannot install modules myself so pay someone else to do it and need to be sure this will work before instructing them to go ahead with it.

Thanks for any help/advice in advance

Plugin Contributions

The module is preloaded with the current royal mail and parcel force prices. You can change them to anything you want. If you go to admin>shipping modules Then select the module you want to alter (assuming It has been installed) click on edit and change the Shipping rates... Fields. The format is Weight:Cost in a comma seperated list. If you change the rates be wary of upates as they normally update the rates to the default.
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for your reply.
    It's great I can change the costs but unfortunately I cannot use the 'by weight' shipping option on my website - it has to be either flat rate or order total. Hopefully if this method is added as a possible option in future I will be able to use this module.

Thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by PudzPud View Post
    Thank you so much for your reply.
    It's great I can change the costs but unfortunately I cannot use the 'by weight' shipping option on my website - it has to be either flat rate or order total. Hopefully if this method is added as a possible option in future I will be able to use this module.

Thanks again
    You could use these modules with a flat rate for each option just set the weight to a high value and only have one rate per shipping type.
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

Good Morning - I have just been installing this package - but have hit a potential problem ?
    The instructions call for the following:
    Run Update3.3.1.sql - which is not in the package...

The following file is in the package - can it be used instead of the 3.3.1 file ?
    Run Update3.3.2.sql

Many Thanks !

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyl Signs View Post
    Good Morning - I have just been installing this package - but have hit a potential problem ?
    The instructions call for the following:
    Run Update3.3.1.sql - which is not in the package...

The following file is in the package - can it be used instead of the 3.3.1 file ?
    Run Update3.3.2.sql

Many Thanks !
    Good spot. There is a typo in the update instructions 3.3.2 is the correct sql file to run. I am assuming you are doing an upgrade not an install as this in not necessary for an install. I'll get the documentation updated.
    Thanks
    Mark
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by brittainmark View Post
    Good spot. There is a typo in the update instructions 3.3.2 is the correct sql file to run. I am assuming you are doing an upgrade not an install as this in not necessary for an install. I'll get the documentation updated.
    Thanks
    Mark
    Really appreciate your swift reply !
    Yes - it was / is an upgrade - although I've messed with trying to get a good postage / shipping solution for a long time - with many variations - and I did actually use the 3.3.2 on a test install yesterday - seemed to work ok - but I still decided to roll back to my previous install & ask the question this morning - thanks again - I can now go ahead...
    One thing I did notice when messing yesterday was that I could not get a shipping method to work for a test posting to Australia - so whether that's my shipping options setup incorrect - or something else - I'll have to spend some (more) time trying to understand the whole process...

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast