Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Big Royal Mail 3.0

That'll be great, thanks :) They send out huge technical books across the world so we've always used printed papers.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by scotoman View Post
    That'll be great, thanks :) They send out huge technical books across the world so we've always used printed papers.
    I Hope I have attached a zip file with the P&P rates up to 5kg for overseas mailing.
    Assuming you have already installed the app. All you need to do is:
    1) Backup your database.
    2) unzip the file
    3) logon to your site
    4) go to Admin>Tools>Install SQL Patches
    5) Then either
    a) Open and copy the contents of PrintedPapers.SQL and paste into the box
    or
    b) upload the file, PrintedPapers.SQL, to you server and brows to it to open
    6) run the sql.
    7) Double check the rates!
    This will update all the overseas rates to allow up to 5kg to be shipped. It does not change the descriptions that are show on the screen. If you want to do that you will need to modify the PHP language files which are found in YOUR_SITE>includes>languages>english>modules>shipping.
    Change the ...TEXT_TITLE in all the modules you use.
    PHP Code:
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_RMAMSMALLPACKETSF_TEXT_TITLE''Royal Mail Airmail <span style="color:red; font-weight:bold">International</span> <span style="color: #555555; font-weight:bold">Signed For</span>&reg; <span style="font-weight: normal; font-style: italic">&quot;Small Packet&quot;</span>'); 
    to for example
    PHP Code:
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_RMAMSMALLPACKETSF_TEXT_TITLE''Royal Mail Airmail <span style="color:red; font-weight:bold">International printed papers</span> <span style="color: #555555; font-weight:bold">Signed For</span>&reg; <span style="font-weight: normal; font-style: italic">&quot;Small Packet&quot;</span>'); 
    you will need to do this for all the following modules:
    rmamassmallpacket.php
    rmamassmallpacket500.php
    rmamsmallpacket.php
    rmamsmallpacketsf.php
    rmamsmallpacketsf500.php
    rmsmsmallpacket.php
    rmsmsmallpacketsf.php
    rmsmsmallpacketsf500.php

Hope that helps. I have tested it on my system and it all looks ok. Please double check the rates As I have not been through them all with a fine tooth come.

Have fun
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Plugin Contributions

Excellent, thanks. I'll try this out and let you know if there are any problems.

Is it me, or are some of the images missing from the package... ...notably /images/icons/shipping_rmairsure.gif when going through Step 1 of 3 on checkout?

:)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoy View Post
    Is it me, or are some of the images missing from the package... ...notably /images/icons/shipping_rmairsure.gif when going through Step 1 of 3 on checkout?

:)
    The Airsure should be pointing to /images/icons/shipping_ukamas.gif

I cannot find any reference to the file you are looking for.
    Have you updated your files to the latest version including the language files. OR If so check to see if you have created your own template files in \includes\languages\english\modules\shipping\YOUR_TEMPLATE_NAME this will override the default files in \includes\languages\english\modules\shipping\.

It is working on my system if you want to have a look http://innerlightcrystals.co.uk/sales/
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

Sorry should have said that the reference to the image file is in \includes\languages\english\modules\shipping\rmamassmallpacket.php.

The line that needs changing would be
    PHP Code:
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_RMAMASSMALLPACKET_ICON','shipping_ukamas.gif'); 
    You may also need to change rmamassmallpacket500.php
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

I'm having problems installing this. I was using a previous version from Philip Clarke.

I am using Zen-Cart 1.3.9h

Having followed the instructions, and deleting some old shipping modules, when I ran 2012Update.sql I got an error "Cannot insert configuration_key "MODULE_SHIPPING_RMAMSMALLPACKET_ZONES_COUNTRIES_2" because it already exists".

We ship worldwide, but when testing I see that non UK orders are not coming up with shipping options.

When I look at Royal Mail Airsure® "Small Packet" ver. 3.0.0 for example only the first few weights under "European Airsure® rates from GB & Northern Ireland" are displayed. Just "0.1:7.7, 0.15:7.93, 0.2:8.16", the other rates for heavier weights are not there. I assume they should be in the other text boxes below, but when I try to add them they are not saved.

It is the same for the ""Rest of World" Zone 1 rates from GB & Northern Ireland" which just shows "0.1:8.3, 0.15:8.86, 0.2:9.42" however the "Rest of World" Zone 2" rates show a complete list of weights and prices up to 2kg.

"International Signed For" is the same, with Europe and World Zone 1 having only the first 3 weights/prices, and the rest black, but World Zone 2 is filled in correctly.

Should it still say "© Bouncing Ltd TA ########################.co.uk" at the top, or have I picked up an old module?

Plugin Contributions

It appears that come entries in the configuration table are not created.

MODULE_SHIPPING_RMAMASSMALLPACKET_ZONES_COST0_1, 0_2 and 0_3 to 5_3 are there but 1_1 to 5-1 and 1-2 to 5-2 are missing.

Similarly for the other international options.

Plugin Contributions

An error carried over from Philip Clarke's days is that the description for AirSure says "Parcel requires a signature". Actually Airsure doesn't require a signature, the barcode is scanned on delivery, but no signature is taken.

Hope this helps.

I have manually added the missing configuration entries and then updated the values with the sql provided and all seems to be working again.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by devus View Post
    I'm having problems installing this. I was using a previous version from Philip Clarke.

I am using Zen-Cart 1.3.9h

Having followed the instructions, and deleting some old shipping modules, when I ran 2012Update.sql I got an error "Cannot insert configuration_key "MODULE_SHIPPING_RMAMSMALLPACKET_ZONES_COUNTRIES_2" because it already exists".
    There was an additional script that needed to be run "UpdateFrom2_any.sql" that should create all the additional fields that were required. Did you run this?
    Mark Brittain

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast