Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Big Royal Mail 3.0

Only developed this for going to post office. do not think I have enough business for business postage yet (no link on your reply). To answer your question you will need to modify the class name in line 12
    PHP Code:
    class rm2ndsmlparcel 
    and this->code on line 22
    PHP Code:
    $this->code 'rm2ndsmlparcel'
    to what ever you called the module it should then work. Obviously you will need to set the rates correctly.
    Good luck.
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Mark for your help we did have the latest standard but found a double comma in the code was stopping Zone 3 from showing on my machine. We could not replicate this however on other computers.

We also use Click and Drop RM 24 and RM 48 services it is a really good program. The cost is also reasonable and you can see if your parcel has been delivered. You can select for it to link to eBay, Amazon etc... this saves work and inputs the address information and automatically advises the customer of dispatch. Unfortunately, I am not aware of this being possible for Zencart at the moment.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by brittainmark View Post
    Only developed this for going to post office. do not think I have enough business for business postage yet (no link on your reply).
    You don't have to have a lot of business. I use Click and Drop (and still take it to the Post Office, but print the pre-paid labels myself). The prices are slightly cheaper as you do the printing.
    I think I have the same problem as the previous poster with Tracked vs Signed for. It's really only to do with the level of cover: £100 vs £50 .Most of my orders are sub-£50 but the odd one has had issues with no available postage other than Special Delivery, which is a bit jump in price. As a workaround, I've repurposed the small and medium parcel modules to fill the gap by increasing the prices in line with Tracked.
    I'm not sure how easy it would be to look into the Click and Drop integration for Zencart. A lot of other platforms use it but I can't find any developer info for it. The only snag (for me) would be that Click and Drop take payment by Paypal and I refuse to use them for taking payments on my site.

Plugin Contributions

OK which module had the double comma? If you were updating from the previous version then I tested with double comma in the list of countries and it worked OK.
    I sometimes use click and drop. I wrote some SQL to extract the orders then I modify the parcel type and make sure the weight is OK in a spreadsheet before uploading. Yes click and drop t does save a few pence but i did not see royal mail 24 or 48 hour on the site. You can use a debit or credit card to pay for your click and drop order if you want. I bit more of a pain but it works.
    As for more the range of orders that you can accept you can change the limit on each of the modules. Just change the Maximum Order Value. I only set it to the royal mail standard you can only claim back what you paid for an item not what you sold it for so you may have some margin. if you look in 2020Update.sql you can see the sql look for MAX_ORDER_VALUE.
    I think the biggest issue with the royal mail system is working out if its a letter, small parcel or medium parcel.
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

Yes click and drop t does save a few pence but i did not see royal mail 24 or 48 hour on the site. You can use a debit or credit card to pay for your click and drop order if you want. I bit more of a pain but it works.
    As for more the range of orders that you can accept you can change the limit on each of the modules. Just change the Maximum Order Value. I only set it to the royal mail standard you can only claim back what you paid for an item not what you sold it for so you may have some margin. if you look in 2020Update.sql you can see the sql look for MAX_ORDER_VALUE.
    I think the biggest issue with the royal mail system is working out if its a letter, small parcel or medium parcel.
    The 24 and 48 are right at the bottom after all the other options on Click and Drop. Somewhat annoyingly, it does require them to be dropped at the sorting office rather than the PO. I have adjusted the max values accordingly but I don't want to end up out of pocket if things do get lost. I make the majority of my items, so the loss would be for my time and effort, which is more valuable than the materials as it is limited. Thus the value of the item is what I sell it for.
    Royal Mail is awkward with using size as well as weight. Most of the time it works out OK for me just going by value, but it would be useful if items could be marked as falling into a particular size band.

Plugin Contributions

Have a look at attribute posting in big royal mail. You can set a minimum postage method by applying attributes to your products. The issue comes when you have lots of items and they can no longer fit in the category (say letter). Probably ok for small and medium parcel.
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

I just went on to RM website to check some prices and discovered that they have price updates from 1st Sept and again due on 1st October. I haven't looked into the details but it looks as though they have reduced mail price to the US from 1/9. Nice of them to announce this stuff!
    Price lists etc are here
    https://www.royalmail.com/prices2020
    I'll try to scan through and identify what has changed later. I think it's international rates this month and 24/48 parcel in October.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Gwiazda View Post
    I just went on to RM website to check some prices and discovered that they have price updates from 1st Sept and again due on 1st October. I haven't looked into the details but it looks as though they have reduced mail price to the US from 1/9. Nice of them to announce this stuff!
    Price lists etc are here
    https://www.royalmail.com/prices2020
    I'll try to scan through and identify what has changed later. I think it's international rates this month and 24/48 parcel in October.
    I know I did not find out about the last change until I went to the postoffice. The latest changes appear to be only of Bisuness postage royalmail 24 and 48 hour. I do not have these in my modules.
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

I know I did not find out about the last change until I went to the postoffice. The latest changes appear to be only of Bisuness postage royalmail 24 and 48 hour. I do not have these in my modules.
    I think the 24/48 are the October ones. The September one relates to International postage, but I haven't had a chance to look at what yet. I'm guessing they lost a lot of business to the courier companies over the US post hike.

Plugin Contributions

Have posted an update for those changes.
    Mark Brittain

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast