Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Big Royal Mail 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by devus View Post
    An error carried over from Philip Clarke's days is that the description for AirSure says "Parcel requires a signature". Actually Airsure doesn't require a signature, the barcode is scanned on delivery, but no signature is taken.

Hope this helps.

I have manually added the missing configuration entries and then updated the values with the sql provided and all seems to be working again.
    Thanks for this I have also just found out that royal mail are no longer doing additional insurance on standard parcel so I will make the changes and reissue the package probably add a .1 on to the end. If you have any of these you can just tunr them off but I will remove them from the package and put in a script to do a complete removal.
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by brittainmark View Post
    There was an additional script that needed to be run "UpdateFrom2_any.sql" that should create all the additional fields that were required. Did you run this?
    Yes I ran this script but I didn't get all the configuration entries created.

I ended up going into the database and then copying and renaming the corresponding entries, and then running the part of the script that populated them with data.

All seems to be working fine now.

I had been using Philip's old version, hacked to stop it reporting an error when it tried to contact the licence server, however another error popped up over the weekend so I decided to upgrade finally.

Plugin Contributions

Hi there guys, I'm using this big Royal Mail plugin for my new store but I'm having trouble configuring things. I've read around and know there's loads of people having similar problems but there's no fix that I'm happy with so far.

Depending on whats in the cart sometimes 2nd class comes up as displaying "The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time". From what I've read this has to do with Tare but I'd quite like to keep my tare as it is. Also in the admin there's the option to "Hide Invalid Shipping" how come this option doesn't prevent the 2nd class option from appearing when the package is obviously too heavy to get a price on.

Is there anyway to stop the 2nd class non-option from appearing at this point since it also prevents the only other shipping option from being automatically selected.

Plugin Contributions

Just having a look in the code and I guess somewhere in the following might be what needs changing, anyone any ideas:

Code:
    } else {
    			$shipping = -1;

//12 FEB 04 MBeedell	'glue' together the rates from the 10 cost data entry boxes

$zones_cost = constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_' . $module . '_ZONES_COST0_' . $dest_zone);

$zones_table = preg_split("/[:,]/" , preg_replace('/\s*/','',$zones_cost) );
    			$size = sizeof($zones_table);
    			for ($i=0; $i<$size; $i+=2) {
    				if ($shipping_weight <= $zones_table[$i]) {
    					$shipping = $zones_table[$i+1];
    					//12 Feb 04 MBeedell - correctly format the total weight... if the weight exceeds the max
    					//  weight, then it is divided down over a number of separate packages - so the weight could end
    					//  up being a long fraction.

$sw_text = number_format($shipping_weight, 3, $currencies->currencies[DEFAULT_CURRENCY]['decimal_point'], $currencies->currencies[DEFAULT_CURRENCY]['thousands_point']);

//$shipping_method = @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_' . $module . '_TEXT_WAY') . ' ' . $dest_country . ' : ' . $sw_text . ' ' . constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_' . $module . '_TEXT_UNITS');
    					//$shipping_method = @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_' . $module . '_TEXT_WAY') . ' : ' . $sw_text . ' ' . constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_' . $module . '_TEXT_UNITS');
    					$shipping_method = sprintf(@constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_' . $module . '_TEXT_WAY'),$sw_text);

if ($shipping_num_boxes > 1) {

// PC corrected shipping_num_boxes
    						$sw_text = number_format($shipping_num_boxes, 0, $currencies->currencies[DEFAULT_CURRENCY]['decimal_point'], $currencies->currencies[DEFAULT_CURRENCY]['thousands_point']);

$shipping_method = $shipping_method . ' in ' . $sw_text . ' boxes ';

}
    					break;
    				}
    			}

if ($shipping == -1) {
    				$shipping_cost = 0;
    				$shipping_method = @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_' . $module . '_UNDEFINED_RATE');
    				//$shipping_method = $zones_cost; 	   //12 FEB 04 MBeedell	useful for debug-print out the rates list!
    			} else {
    				$shipping_cost = ($shipping * $shipping_num_boxes) + constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_' . $module . '_ZONES_HANDLING_' . $dest_zone);
    			}
    		}
    basically if $shipping ends up being -1 then that error message (The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time) gets added to the shipping quotes. Whereas it would be better for it not to appear as part of the quotes at all!

Plugin Contributions

CS,

You are correct in your assumption that that is where the message is generated, but that is actually the inverse of your request. What you should be looking for, is where invalid shipping is hidden, so that you can add your required criteria to the list?

Further up the file you will find this code -

Code:
    // inspired by Jim Barrington (JollyJim)

if (isset($order) && @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_' . $module . '_HIDE_SHIPPING_ERRORS') == 'True' ){

switch (isset($order->info['subtotal'])){

case true:
    					if ($order->info['subtotal'] < @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_' . $module . '_MIN_ORDERVALUE')){
    						$this->enabled = false;
    						return ;
    					} elseif (@constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_' . $module . '_MAX_ORDERVALUE') != -1 && $order->info['subtotal'] > @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_' . $module . '_MAX_ORDERVALUE')){
    						$this->enabled = false;
    						return ;
    					}
    					break;

case false:
    					if ($order->info['total'] < @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_' . $module . '_MIN_ORDERVALUE')){
    						$this->enabled = false;
    						return ;
    					} elseif (@constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_' . $module . '_MAX_ORDERVALUE') != -1 && $order->info['total'] > @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_' . $module . '_MAX_ORDERVALUE')){
    						$this->enabled = false;
    						return ;
    					}
    					break;

} // end of switch on subtotal

// check that it is a valid country being shipped to.
    			$dest_country = $order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2'];
    			$dest_zone = 0;

for ($i=1; $i<=$this->num_zones; $i++) {
    				$countries_table = constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_' . $module . '_ZONES_COUNTRIES_' . $i);
    				$country_zones = preg_split("/,/", preg_replace('/\s*/','',$countries_table) );
    				if (in_array($dest_country, $country_zones)) {
    					$dest_zone = $i;
    					break;
    				}
    			}

// ship to country is invalid for this service
    			if ($dest_zone == 0) {
    				$this->enabled = false;
    				return ;
    			} else {

$this->enabled = false;  // enabled set to true if valid shipping weight found

$zones_cost = constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_' . $module . '_ZONES_COST0_' . $dest_zone);

$zones_table = preg_split("/[:,]/" , preg_replace('/\s*/','',$zones_cost) );

$size = sizeof($zones_table);
    				for ($i=0; $i<$size; $i+=2) {
    					if ($total_weight <= $zones_table[$i]) {
    						$this->enabled = true;
    						break;
    					}
    				} // end of looping through

return ;

} // end of valid country

} // end of if hide invalid shipping methods is set

which is actually in the initialisation/constructor section, and which checks the subtotal against Min order value, Max order value, and destination country. It does NOT check for a 'valid' weight.

You would need to add a weight check there if you wished to. I'd note that this is possibly NOT trivial, as there does not appear to be a MAX_WEIGHT constant defined, so you would either have to define one, or extract it from the shipping price/weight tables.

Hope that helps a bit.

Rgds,

Chuck

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by crazysarah View Post
    Hi there guys, I'm using this big Royal Mail plugin for my new store but I'm having trouble configuring things. I've read around and know there's loads of people having similar problems but there's no fix that I'm happy with so far.

Depending on whats in the cart sometimes 2nd class comes up as displaying "The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time". From what I've read this has to do with Tare but I'd quite like to keep my tare as it is. Also in the admin there's the option to "Hide Invalid Shipping" how come this option doesn't prevent the 2nd class option from appearing when the package is obviously too heavy to get a price on.

Is there anyway to stop the 2nd class non-option from appearing at this point since it also prevents the only other shipping option from being automatically selected.
    In your admin go to Modules>Shipping
    1)select the appropriate shipping method
    2) click edit
    3) set Hide Invalid Shipping to True
    this should hide the shipping rate if it is invalid.
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

I have found the issue with the update. It appears that some of the older versions of big royal mail may have created additional zones. I have change the update script to update if the insert fails. This is in the release 3.0.1. Also removed insured standard parcel as Royal mail now only insure tracked in the UK which is special delivery.
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I just updated the Big Royal Mail 3.0 from a previous version from Philip Clarke, and I followed all the indications but this is what I got in the admin area:

Code:
    Shipping Modules	 

ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/rmamassmallpacket500.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/rmamisfsmallpacket.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/rmamisfsmallpacket500.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/rmsmsmallpacket.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/rmsmsmallpacketisf.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/rmstdparcels100.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/rmstdparcels250.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/rmstdparcels500.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/specialdelivery.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/specialdelivery1000.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/specialdelivery2500.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/specialdelivery9am.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/specialdelivery9am1000.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/specialdelivery9am2500.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/specialdeliverysat.php
    Modules	 	Sort Order	Action 
    ParcelForce® globaleconomy ver. 3.03	economy	   

ParcelForce® Europriority Residential Addresses Account Holders ver. 3.03	europriorityhome	   

ParcelForce® Europriority Business addresses Account Holders ver. 3.03	eurozone48	   

Flat Rate	flat	0    

Free Shipping Options - Digital Products Only	freeoptions	   

FREE SHIPPING!	freeshipper	   

ParcelForce® globalpriority ver. 3.03	globalpriority	   

ParcelForce® globalvalue ver. 3.03	globalvalue	   

ParcelForce® globalexpress ver. 3.03	internationaldatapost	   

ParcelForce® globalexpress Account Holders ver. 3.03	internationaldatapostacc	   

ParcelForce® globalpriority Account Holders ver. 3.03	internationalscheduled	   

ParcelForce® globalvalue Account Holders ver. 3.03	internationalstandard	   

Parcelforce® Irelandexpress ver. 3.03	ireland24	155    

Per Item	item	   

Per Unit	perweightunit	   

Royal Mail 1st Class "Large Letter" ver. 3.02	rm1stlargeletter	   

Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded Signed ForTM "Large Letter" ver. 3.02	rm1stlargelettersf	   

Royal Mail 1st Class "Letter" ver. 3.02	rm1stletter	   

Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded Signed ForTM "Letter" ver. 3.02	rm1stlettersf	   

Royal Mail 1st Class "Packet" ver. 3.02	rm1stpacket	60    

Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded Signed ForTM "Packet" ver. 3.02	rm1stpacketsf	   

Royal Mail 2nd Class "Large Letter" ver. 3.02	rm2ndlargeletter	   

Royal Mail 2nd Class Recorded Signed ForTM "Large Letter" ver. 3.02	rm2ndlargelettersf	   

Royal Mail 2nd Class "Letter" ver. 3.02	rm2ndletter	   

Royal Mail 2nd Class Recorded Signed ForTM "Letter" ver. 3.02	rm2ndlettersf	   

Royal Mail 2nd Class "Packet" ver. 3.02	rm2ndpacket	50    

Royal Mail 2nd Class Recorded Signed ForTM "Packet" ver. 3.02	rm2ndpacketsf	   

Royal Mail Airsure® "Small Packet" ver. 3.02	rmamassmallpacket	320    

Royal Mail Airmail "Small Packet" ver. 3.02	rmamsmallpacket	310    

Royal Mail Standard Parcels ver. 3.02	rmstdparcels	70    

Store Pickup	storepickup	   

Table Rate	table	   

UK Courier ver. 3.03	ukcourier	   

United Kingdom Zone Rates for Couriers. ver. 3.03	ukzr	   

United Parcel Service	ups	   

United States Postal Service	usps	   

Module Directory: /home/mysite/includes/modules/shipping/	
    	ParcelForce® globaleconomy ver. 3.03

ParcelForce® globaleconomy Rates. Weights in kg. Example data only (from 2007) see here for details of automatic SQ
    I appreciate if someone can help me with this, I don't really know what went wrong.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by budy View Post
    Hello,

I just updated the Big Royal Mail 3.0 from a previous version from Philip Clarke, and I followed all the indications but this is what I got in the admin area:

Code:
    Shipping Modules	 

ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/rmamassmallpacket500.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/rmamisfsmallpacket.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/rmamisfsmallpacket500.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/rmsmsmallpacket.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/rmsmsmallpacketisf.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/rmstdparcels100.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/rmstdparcels250.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/rmstdparcels500.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/specialdelivery.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/specialdelivery1000.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/specialdelivery2500.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/specialdelivery9am.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/specialdelivery9am1000.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/specialdelivery9am2500.php
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/specialdeliverysat.php
    Looks like the old renamed modules have not been deleted and some of language modules have not been copied over

1) delete the following file from /home/mysite/includes/modules/shipping/ :

rmamisfsmallpacket.php
    rmamisfsmallpacket500.php
    rmsmsmallpacketisf.php
    rmstdparcels100.php
    rmstdparcels250.php
    rmstdparcels500.php
    specialdelivery.php
    specialdelivery1000.php
    specialdelivery2500.php
    specialdelivery9am.php
    specialdelivery9am1000.php
    specialdelivery9am2500.php
    specialdeliverysat.php

2) copy the language files from BigRoyalMail_V3.0.1.zip/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ to/home/mysite/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ :

rmamassmallpacket500.php
    rmsmsmallpacket.php

that should do the trick. Let me know if it you get any more error messages and I'll have another look.
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Mark,
    I'm going to do that now, I was checking if I had any reply to my question and there we are.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast