Plugin Contributions

Default add shipping by weight also by value (insurance) to high priced orders?

Can anyone please advise me, I sell different products with different weights & values, I need the shipping to be calculated
    by weight, however I also need insurance added on top to all orders over £50, can these 2 methods run side by side & be calculated for global shipping?

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to add shipping by weight also by value (insurance) to high priced orders?

Chuckl worked hard in getting an up-to-date set of ROYAL MAIL shipper modules developed. Some of these take into account Royal Mail's insurance policies, and therefore include options for users to set insurance thresholds too. (By DEFAULT, these modules will apply the insurance thresholds currently active on RM.)

However... you could look at the CODE in one of those modules to see how it is programmed to calculate insurance costs.

You could PROBABLY create a CLONE of a suitable RM module (if you don't use Royal Mail) and configure it to meet your requirements.

These modules are easily "cloned". My colleague FAIRESTCAPE describes the technique for the FLAT RATE module. This can be followed for any of the RM modules.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.php?115687

To get the RM modules, go here: http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1321
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to add shipping by weight also by value (insurance) to high priced orders?

Thank you School boy,
    I found that just after I posted the question, however I would not know what to do with it, I was not clever enough to put the site together I did have help, so adding new stuff I am totally lost, its all gobbledygook to me

Plugin Contributions

The rmairsure (Royal Mail AirSure) module in that package should provide what you need. Get hold of the people who helped you install the site and ask them to load that module, get it working, and then see how it can be adapted for your needs. It will take about 10 minutes to load the mod, and about another 10 to 15 minutes to configure and test it...
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Schoolboy, I no longer have their help........on my own now

Candice x