Default Cherry Zen Modification Help Needed

I am new to Zen Cart and I love it. It is so much fun since I no longer get to program, I guess I get my fix doing this!

Have a couple of questions:
    (1) I would like the middle of my page to be more narrow by having two columns instead of three on the product listing and subcategory listings. How do I go about doing this?
    (2) How can I change my default font size?
    (3) How can I change the font color of just the price in the product listing, not the product info pages?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cherry Zen Modification Help Needed

1. Changing the number of columns in the main content (center area) will have no effect on its width. That's done in the stylesheet or admin configuration menu.
    2. Default font size is set in the styleheet.css for your particular template.
    3. Font colors are changed in the stylesheet.css for your particular template.

Get a copy of firefox with the firebug addon. It will allow you to "see" the coding for items you want to change. In some cases like item 3, you may need to modify a file in order to give the item a class or ID to be used in the stylesheet.

Plugin Contributions

Cherry Zen is a fairly sophisticated template and also can be tricky. Example: You cannot just turn off a column in the admin; you also have to get in to the stylesheet.

Make sure you read the template's Read Me file. The first section toward the bottom under Tips speaks of removing columns.

The template's fluid-width is set to not be smaller than 1000px nor wider than 1300px. This can be changed to fixed-width in the stylesheet toward the top just under body.

But when using this template I never tried changing anything, so hope it works out for you.

Setting Zencart to show various columns - or no columns - on various pages can be set in the template/common/tpl_main_page.php. I've only tried this on a basic level (no side-columns homepage) but there are instructional links here somewhere (I usually google "zencart and what I want"). The tpl_main_page.php also contains instructions.
    Last edited by SPH; 10 Jul 2012 at 07:34 AM.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Cherry Zen also has a support thread here, which may be of help:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...Support-Thread
    Steve
    prommart.com

I figured out #2, but I still have 1 column on the product listing unless I am not going to right area. I did read the READ ME FIRST...OR ELSE and did what it said, but it still didn't work. I managed to widen the to side boxes, but the labels on the right do not change their width according to the sidebox width. The left side is fine. Any input is greatly appreciated!

I really like this template!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sensualpalace View Post
    I figured out #2, but I still have 1 column on the product listing unless I am not going to right area. I did read the READ ME FIRST...OR ELSE and did what it said, but it still didn't work. I managed to widen the to side boxes, but the labels on the right do not change their width according to the sidebox width. The left side is fine. Any input is greatly appreciated!

I really like this template!
    Did you also widen the sideboxes in the admin, under "configuration", "Layout Settings"? And make the corresponding changes as described in the readme in the stylesheet?

By default the product listing of zen cart is in rows, one product after another. If you want columns, you need to install SNAF from the Plugins. If you want to have a different number of categories/subcategories in a row, that's under "Configuration", "Maximum Values", "Categories to List Per Row"

Thank you! I fixed it.