Plugin Contributions

Default Flat Rates for Domestic First Class and Priority Shipping

I would like to set up a flat rate of $5 when First Class is selected and $8 when Priority Shipping is selected (only for domestic). Can this be done in Zen-Cart and how? I'd appreciate any input.
    Thank you as always
    Yolanda

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Flat Rates for Domestic First Class and Priority Shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Yolanda View Post
    I would like to set up a flat rate of $5 when First Class is selected and $8 when Priority Shipping is selected (only for domestic). Can this be done in Zen-Cart and how? I'd appreciate any input.
    Thank you as always
    Yolanda
    P.S. I should mention that this is for the USPS module.

Plugin Contributions

Anyone? Can this be done? Also.. I realized, while reading some threads on this, that USPS has a flat rate for Priority Shipping (maybe First Class as well?). How can I enable that in my USPS module? It's not giving me that options as of now.
    Really appreciate your help on this.
    Yolanda

Plugin Contributions

I would like to set up a flat rate of $5 when First Class is selected and $8 when Priority Shipping is selected (only for domestic).
    If you only want a Flat Rate of $5.00 and to call it First Class and a Flat Rate of $8.00 and to call it Priority ... why do you need USPS?

Can't you just use Flat Rate flat and clone it, then change the language file to First Class and Priority ...

And if you want these only for Domestic, then create a Zone Definition with the DETAILS for your Domestic Zone and only those in your Domestic Zone can check out ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you much... that's what I was thinking actually... setting up 2 flat rate modules and then name them accordingly. We still want the USPS international shipping though. If I de-activate the domestic side of USPS and leave intl. on... then use the 2 flat rate modules... that would work right? I will get this going and report back with success ... or not! Thank you again. You rock!
    Yolanda

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    If you only want a Flat Rate of $5.00 and to call it First Class and a Flat Rate of $8.00 and to call it Priority ... why do you need USPS?

Can't you just use Flat Rate flat and clone it, then change the language file to First Class and Priority ...

And if you want these only for Domestic, then create a Zone Definition with the DETAILS for your Domestic Zone and only those in your Domestic Zone can check out ...

Plugin Contributions

Make a Zone Definition for the Rest of the World and add to the USPS shipping module ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Exactly Ajeh... that's what I was thinking. Just wanted to verify. Really appreciated the information. I shall do as instructed.
    My best wishes to you,
    Yolanda

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Make a Zone Definition for the Rest of the World and add to the USPS shipping module ...

Plugin Contributions

Okay... one more issue here: I've created a zone definition for the USA and it seems to be working with the 2 Flat Rate shipping modules I created. But.. the Zone definitions is yellow and not green in the admin panel saying: 'Zones Defined but not Taxes'. This doesn't have anything to do with taxes right? It's just setting prices for shipping. The sales tax set for California (in separate tax definition) will still apply correct?

Do I have to do anything to get this Zone Definition from yellow to green and is it impacting anything?
    Thanks much
    Yolanda

Quote Originally Posted by Yolanda View Post
    Exactly Ajeh... that's what I was thinking. Just wanted to verify. Really appreciated the information. I shall do as instructed.
    My best wishes to you,
    Yolanda

Plugin Contributions

The yellow is fine ... you are using the Zone Definition for shipping so the warning about no taxes is not an issue ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Thank you again. Didn't want to miss something. Works great.
    Best wishes
    Yolanda