Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding Attributes to Subcategories ?

I am glad to know that both of you see and understand my situation. Why can't for example Office Supplies>Binders & Binding Supplies>Binders, then open up with attributes in the category columns. Then you could add as many attributes as you want in the category column. That would allow customers to narrow down their choices allowing as many attributes as you want to attributes be entered here as needed much like http://www.biggestbook.com. However when they select an attribute under manufacturer then manufacturer gets eliminated and it would open up again with new attribute choices.

gjh42,

It looks like on the link you showed, its almost like CR80 Laminated Cards is a product with attributes to choose from underneath it.

Again I guess for the mean time if there is no solution what do I do not to lose the customer from having to flip through many pages to finally find what they need. If they don't know the part number they will go blind looking. By the way I had to reload zencart so my address is changed to http://www.usaofficesupplies.com/zencart..By the way there are over 40k products in my product line

Plugin Contributions

It was schoolboy who posted the link, but what he described is essentially what you are asking for. There is no way to use Zen Cart "attributes" specifically there as they are strictly a product feature, but you could probably build the HTML in the category descriptions. You would have to ask schoolboy how to do that.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    It was schoolboy who posted the link, but what he described is essentially what you are asking for. There is no way to use Zen Cart "attributes" specifically there as they are strictly a product feature, but you could probably build the HTML in the category descriptions. You would have to ask schoolboy how to do that.
    While my "solution" works in our situation, it is essentially a crude hard-coded "hack" that would be very time-consuming to effect on a large scale, but the core principal of using JS to filter selections at the PRE-PRODUCT-INFO stage may be workable. It works on the principle of each checkbox having a numerical value. When selected, the SUM of the selected values is calculated, and if the SUM is equal to a certain total, the ONCLICK directs to a product URL. If the SUM does not equal a stated URL onclick value, the default is an alert message. Using the principal of binary exponential incrementation (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512 ...) the SUM of values will always be unique to valid combinations of checkbox selections... EG: We don't want a URL for a SUM that equals "3" - because 1, and 2, are mutually exclusive products. But 1 and 4 can be combined, giving a SUM of 5, so we say if the SUM is 5, then direct the visitor to the URL associated with SUM = 5. Similarly, 4 and 8 are mutually exclusive, so a SUM of 12 will throw the alert, as will SUM = 5, 6, 7, 9, and so on...

JSWEB's product "drill-down" search is not restricted to three "levels" as per my example shown HERE.

It can be configured to provide as many sub-levels as you need.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    While my "solution" works in our situation, it is essentially a crude hard-coded "hack" that would be very time-consuming to effect on a large scale, but the core principal of using JS to filter selections at the PRE-PRODUCT-INFO stage may be workable. It works on the principle of each checkbox having a numerical value. When selected, the SUM of the selected values is calculated, and if the SUM is equal to a certain total, the ONCLICK directs to a product URL. If the SUM does not equal a stated URL onclick value, the default is an alert message. Using the principal of binary exponential incrementation (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512 ...) the SUM of values will always be unique to valid combinations of checkbox selections... EG: We don't want a URL for a SUM that equals "3" - because 1, and 2, are mutually exclusive products. But 1 and 4 can be combined, giving a SUM of 5, so we say if the SUM is 5, then direct the visitor to the URL associated with SUM = 5. Similarly, 4 and 8 are mutually exclusive, so a SUM of 12 will throw the alert, as will SUM = 5, 6, 7, 9, and so on...

JSWEB's product "drill-down" search is not restricted to three "levels" as per my example shown HERE.

It can be configured to provide as many sub-levels as you need.

Sorry I have been out of town for the past few days. I am a bit confused. I have searched and I can not find anything by JSWeb or drill-down. Also the example on the link only shows three levels. What am I missing?

Plugin Contributions

Well it appears " Dynamic Filter " is able to do what I was asking.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123