Plugin Contributions

Default will it run before_process() when using paypal express checkout?

when select the paypal express checkout method, zencat will not run checkout_process.php but ipn_main_handler.php.
    then any reason to keep before_process in paypalwpp.php ? for zencart will not run it at all.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: will zencart run before_process() when using paypal express checkout?

Quote Originally Posted by linjuming View Post
    when select the paypal express checkout method, zencat will not run checkout_process.php but ipn_main_handler.php.
    then any reason to keep before_process in paypalwpp.php ? for zencart will not run it at all.
    You are incorrect. The before_process() method is indeed used. It submits the final payment request to PayPal.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: will zencart run before_process() when using paypal express checkout?

pls see the pink hight light of my photo, at confirmation page, the form is pointing to ipn_main_handler.php which will not carry out the before_process() method. At least I can not find any code in ipn_main_handler.php including this method.
    So can you tell me the detail when will before_process() happen ? Would you pls tell more info ?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

ipn_main_handler simply starts the first of 3 stages for Express Checkout.
    The before_process() method is called during the final 3rd stage after the customer confirms the final purchase details.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

ipn_main_handler simply starts the first of 3 stages for Express Checkout.
    do you mean that ipn_main_handler will run at checkout_shipping page? I check the header_php.php or checkout_shipping ,not connecting with paypalwpp.php
    The before_process() method is called during the final 3rd stage after the customer confirms the final purchase details.
    As you can see my photo, the pink hightlight is detected using firebug ,the confirm button will leeding the next page to ipn_main_handler.php. and no before_process() in ipn_main_handler.php

Plugin Contributions

Are you using Paypal IPN?
    If yes then uninstall it and install the much more reliable Paypal Express Checkout instead.

If you are now having problems with Express Checkout then post what problems you are having so that problem can be solved.

You are spending FAR toooo much time on this.
    Don't waste your time and effort trying to circumvent a problem that probably doesn't exist if Paypal Express Checkout is installed correctly.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

do you mean that ipn_main_handler will run at checkout_shipping page?
    No, ipn_main_handler is used to send the customer to PayPal's site for the first part of the payment process.

As you can see my photo, the pink hightlight is detected using firebug ,the confirm button will leeding the next page to ipn_main_handler.php. and no before_process() in ipn_main_handler.php
    Correct. before_process() does not run from ipn_main_handler.

As gilby said, there's NO NEED for you to be asking these questions. You appear to be going in the wrong direction. But, since you won't tell us what you're REALLY trying to do, we can't be of any meaningful help to you, other than telling you that all your questions suggest that you're going the wrong way, and wasting your time on things that ought to be left alone.

Plugin Contributions

thank you for help.
    I purpose I want is that.
    insert draff order in db (table orders,orders_products,orders_status) when customer click confirm in checkout_confiramtion page.
    if the customer visit the account_history page or account_history_info ,if the order has status "pending" ,then will display a button "paynow" .click the paynow and jump to paypal to pay this order

If you have any this plugin or technology thead . Would you pls show me? I am not good at english ,looking for data in english is a hard job.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I purpose I want is that.
    insert draff order in db (table orders,orders_products,orders_status) when customer click confirm in checkout_confiramtion page.
    if the customer visit the account_history page or account_history_info ,if the order has status "pending" ,then will display a button "paynow" .click the paynow and jump to paypal to pay this order
    Why is this necessary?
    Why would there ever be an "unpaid" order?