Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Hampshire Cammie Template Support Thread - Theme Installation problem

As a clarification, I did not take this screen shot after I had edited the header alt text. I reinstalled the original header.php file in order to determine if the problem with the code next to the shopping cart icon related to my edits to the header alt text. (it didn't)
    Last edited by AlanMason; 17 Oct 2012 at 04:15 PM. Reason: typos

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Hampshire Cammie Template Support Thread - Theme Installation problem

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMason View Post
    This is only the second day I have worked with Zen Cart, and my first experience with installing a theme. Hope this isn't a stupid question.

Don't know if this would cause the problems but I am running Zen Cart on an XAMPP local server on my office computer. However, I have not had any other problems running Zen Cart locally. I am using the most recent version of Zen Cart (downloaded and installed yesterday). I had only set up the store with the basic information for my client, and had not added any products to the store yet.

I followed the theme installation instructions exactly, as far as I know, but I at the top of the store screen under where it says Home and Log IN, to the right of the cart is an apparent line of code that starts out: count_contents(); I have attached a screen shot. Attachment 11322

Also, when I uploaded my clients logo, and changed the header text for his company in the header.php file, the company name and tagline (header alt text) did not appear. The Logo and sales text under it did appear. I have worked with Wordpress and have edited other PHP files so I am confident I did the editing properly.

Thanks for your help and the great theme.
    See this post for your first question:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...02#post1141102

Please read the readme.html file included with the template package for instructions on how to customize the logo.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    See this post for your first question:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...02#post1141102

Please read the readme.html file included with the template package for instructions on how to customize the logo.

Thanks,

Anne
    Anne, thanks much for that. The missing ?php tag was the problem in the first case. And the (alleged) logo problem was lack of attention on the part of the installer. The "alt_text" part should have clued me in. Duh....

I do have another issue that has cropped up, tho. Whenever I fly over the 'Brands' button at the top, instead of a submenu dropping down, or nothing happening as with the Shop Button, a bunch of code drops down that starts like this:

"Execute($manufacturer_sidebox_query); if ($manufacturer_sidebox->RecordCount()>0) { $number_of_rows = $manufacturer_sidebox->RecordCount()+1; // Display a list $manufacturer_sidebox_array = array(); // kuroi: commented out to avoid starting list with text scrolling list entries such as "reset" and "please select" // if (!isset($_GET['manufacturers_id']) || $_GET['manufacturers_id'] == '' ) { // $manufacturer_sidebox_array[] = array('id' => '', 'text' => PULL_DOWN_ALL); // } else { // $manufacturer_sidebox_array[] = array('id' => '', 'text' => PULL_DOWN_MANUFACTURERS); // } while (!$manufacturer_sidebox->EOF) { $manufacturer_sidebox_name = ((strlen($manufacturer_sidebox->fields['manufacturers_name']) > MAX_DISPLAY_MANUFACTURER_NAME_LEN) ? substr($manufacturer_sidebox-....

I did a search in the Zen Cart folder for a php command like this, but found nothing so I assume it is something in my php install itself that is not getting fed the correct information. I am using php v 5.4.7. Went through the Zen Cart configuration options and didn't find anything that would turn this button off. And went through the theme install instructions again and made sure I had set everything correctly. So any thoughts on what this is about?

Is Zen Cart like Wordpress in that if I just upload all the Zen Cart files/folders, and import the SQL database from my local server installation to my client's website it will work correctly, or do some variables have to be adjusted in the database, as with Wordpress where the Home and Site URLs have to be changed in the wordpress_options table?

Last question, and this is more rhetorical than anything. I am very used to installing Wordpress plugins and having all the "dirty work" done for me. Is the amount of tweaking required for your theme typical of Zen Cart themes? Is the issue that so many variables have to be adjusted for themes, or is this meant to prevent Zen Cart variables from being changed by the theme installation when the user may not want to change them due to prior customization?

Thanks again for your help.
    Last edited by AlanMason; 18 Oct 2012 at 12:32 AM. Reason: typos

Plugin Contributions

I uploaded the zen cart files and database to my client's site online and it works ok there, so forget the question about if I can do that. Also, the problem with the Brand button does not occur online, so apparently that is a problem relating to installing on my local server.

Plugin Contributions

I uploaded the zen cart files and database to my client's site online and it works ok there, so forget the question about if I can do that. Also, the problem with the Brand button does not occur online, so apparently that is a problem relating to installing on my local server.
    I am happy that you figured it all out ;-)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Guess you missed my more important question:

I do have another issue that has cropped up, tho. Whenever I fly over the 'Brands' button at the top, instead of a submenu dropping down, or nothing happening as with the Shop Button, a bunch of code drops down that starts like this:

"Execute($manufacturer_sidebox_query); if ($manufacturer_sidebox->RecordCount()>0) { $number_of_rows = $manufacturer_sidebox->RecordCount()+1; // Display a list $manufacturer_sidebox_array = array(); // kuroi: commented out to avoid starting list with text scrolling list entries such as "reset" and "please select" // if (!isset($_GET['manufacturers_id']) || $_GET['manufacturers_id'] == '' ) { // $manufacturer_sidebox_array[] = array('id' => '', 'text' => PULL_DOWN_ALL); // } else { // $manufacturer_sidebox_array[] = array('id' => '', 'text' => PULL_DOWN_MANUFACTURERS); // } while (!$manufacturer_sidebox->EOF) { $manufacturer_sidebox_name = ((strlen($manufacturer_sidebox->fields['manufacturers_name']) > MAX_DISPLAY_MANUFACTURER_NAME_LEN) ? substr($manufacturer_sidebox-....

I did a search in the Zen Cart folder for a php command like this, but found nothing so I assume it is something in my php install itself that is not getting fed the correct information. I am using php v 5.4.7. Went through the Zen Cart configuration options and didn't find anything that would turn this button off. And went through the theme install instructions again and made sure I had set everything correctly. So any thoughts on what this is about?

Plugin Contributions

Guess you missed my more important question:

What web host are your on?

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Knew I left something out. This is on my local server on my office computer, running the most recent version of XAMPP. Does not happen with the install on my client's host account at Hostpapa. Could this be caused by my being on a Windows machine, whereas Hostpapa uses linux servers?

Plugin Contributions

Knew I left something out. This is on my local server on my office computer, running the most recent version of XAMPP. Does not happen with the install on my client's host account at Hostpapa. Could this be caused by my being on a Windows machine, whereas Hostpapa uses linux servers?
    I am not a system admin and not knowlegeable about these issues. If you do a search on the forum I have see threads where it is explained by others who know ;-)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    I am not a system admin and not knowlegeable about these issues. If you do a search on the forum I have see threads where it is explained by others who know ;-)

Thanks,

Anne
    I tried searching for similar problems in the forums and did not find any. However, I did find where the code that is displaying is coming from. It is lines 107 - 140 of tpl_mega_menu.php in the zen_cart/includes/templates/hampshire_cammie/common folder. I am wondering if it might not be a similar problem with php open and close tags like it was in the link you previously shared with me: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...02#post1141102

HostPapa (where my client's site is hosted) is using php version 5.3.15. My install of xampp is using version 5.4.7. Also, while I am still a novice at PHP, there appears to be a php close tag (?>) on line 141 without a corresponding open tag (<?php) for it. Perhaps php v 5.3.x is tolerant of this while 5.4.x is not, or there is another syntax problem somewhere in this area?

Thanks again for your help.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast