Plugin Contributions

Default Unable to login to my admin panel (after uploading addons and changes)

I havn't logged into my site for awhile and today I went to log in. Just randomly it was bringing up the first screen when you first install ZC. I went through and reloaded a backup of all my files including an older DB. I did it get it to load for the customer side however when i go to my website for admin, i get the "Hello Thank you for loading ZC". I've looked at the configure.php for the admin and it looks fine to me. I've looked at my previous backups and they all look similar. So i'm confused on what happened. I'm not sure how to really debug it or where to go to fix it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to login to my admin panel

Click the link to reply to this message and read the 'posting tips'. (we need more information)

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Click the link to reply to this message and read the 'posting tips'. (we need more information)

Cheers
    Rod
    Sure NP. I'm running V1.5. I installed it approx March-April. I'm running some various addons like ZC inventory, USPS Zen, UPS Zen, ty package tracker, I installed but never played with EndingSpecial. I've also tried autofacebook which i couldn't get to work for w/e reason. Also i had the addon that also multiple linking products. I dont remember the name of it.

So far i've FTP'd back the ZC install folder and ran it fresh. I am able to get back into the admin section once I do that. I can halfway fix everything I do by putting the side boxes back on and off all the goodies. Running fresh I re-install my backup of my MySQL server. The problem seems to be when I FTP back the admin folder from my computer to the server. The "store" side will still work after I do this. I periodically backed up all my files and different time when I installed a new addon.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_ View Post
    The problem seems to be when I FTP back the admin folder from my computer to the server.
    In that scenario, since your admin is working fine using one particular set of files, I'd be doing a comparison of all the files between the working set and the non-working set, and sorting out the discrepancies. WinMerge is a handy tool for that.

http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    In that scenario, since your admin is working fine using one particular set of files, I'd be doing a comparison of all the files between the working set and the non-working set, and sorting out the discrepancies. WinMerge is a handy tool for that.

http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues
    I'll take into that. It just seems odd on a fresh installation it lets me go back into the admin section and all of the addons were still there in their sideboxes. It wouldn't quite bother me fully to have to redo most of the products and all of that again but if I could avoid it thats always nice. It alarmed me more when it took down the "store" side where everyone should be buying my stuff lol

Plugin Contributions

I used winmerge and everything is the same. The files were identical but when I FTP the backup of my admin, it doesn't work. Only when i FTP the ZC install and go through the installion process, I can get to the admin.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_ View Post
    I used winmerge and everything is the same. The files were identical but when I FTP the backup of my admin, it doesn't work.
    There are only four possible causes for this.

1. You are uploading the files in ASCII rather than BINARY mode. (client option)
    2. The file or folder permissions are being changed when uploaded. (Server setting)
    3. One or more files being uploaded aren't being completed (network error, quite unusual, and rarely repeatable)
    4. If none of the above apply there *must* be at least one file that is different between what was on the server and the local files to be uploaded.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

After some going back and forth, quite a few montages, I finally was able to get into my admin page instead of seeing the "If this is the first time your seeing this page....install zencart....error check your admin/includes/configure page"

Dead set on having the fact I was going to start over, i made a test version of my site being I downloaded a new addon or two. Needless to say doing that late at night and checking on it in the morning was causing some error pages. I used winmerge on my test site admin/includes/configure and my actual site and there was a few lines that were slightly different. I really didn't see any differences other than "test" and my actual. I merged everything, changed so it has the trailing '/' and it worked. Wont question it again, just happy it wanted to work. Thanks for your advice from way back!