Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Reward Points Full Suite v2.5 (for ZC v1.5x) Support Thread

This is for Zen Cart v1.5.x
    This is the NEW thread for the latest version Reward Points Full Suite v2.5 for Zen Cart v1.5.x.

v2.5 - 11/10/2014

• Added admin on/off switches to control if you want to show Reward Points on the product info page.. This way folks don't have to do code edits.
    • Fixed now shows Reward Points when viewing details of an order.
    • Fixed a bug with Reward Points and Edit Orders not playing nicely together.
    • Added a readme _docs folder on how to install and upgrade Reward Points.

If you are using Zen Cart v1.3.x:
    Please DO NOT post questions regarding the v1.3.x versions of this add-on in this support thread.

Questions regarding the v1.3.x versions of this add-on should be directed to this support thread HERE:
    zen-cart.com/showthread.php?95021-Reward-Points-Module-for-ZC-v13x

When posting bugs/issues about Reward Points v2.5, it's more helpful to resolve them if you post details. Just saying "it's broken" or "doesn't work" does not provide nearly enough information to help YOU resolve YOUR issue.

Reward Points is in the plugins area here: http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=704
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reward Points Full Suite v2.5 Support Thread

Could anyone help with 1.5.3
    I have removed reward points as it is just not been used in the 3 years I have used it .
    I have removed all the files and folders have checked 3 times in case i missed something + have used the zencarts toolkit to find rewards ,run both un install sql and remove config items
    But am left with this on 1st stage checkout ( 2 yellow bars )
    WARNING: Could not locate language file: includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_reward_points.php
    WARNING: Could not locate language file: includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_reward_points_display.php
    I have had to replace the 3 order total files so this error goes away
    website site is pewterworld .co .uk
    thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Andy-C27 View Post
    I have removed reward points as it is just not been used in the 3 years I have used it .
    I have removed all the files and folders have checked 3 times in case i missed something + have used the zencarts toolkit to find rewards ,run both un install sql and remove config items
    WARNING: Could not locate language file: includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_reward_points.php
    WARNING: Could not locate language file: includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_reward_points_display.php
    thanks
    Did you remove the ot_reward_points_display, ot_reward_points_discount, ot_reward_points modules in admin/modules/order total before uninstalling reward points. If you didn't that is probably why you are getting the warnings.

Plugin Contributions

Hi ,yes I removed them first to see if there would be any issues (just didn't check there) with my website then I ran the sql

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Andy-C27 View Post
    thanks
    I uninstalled Reward Points on my zen cart version 1.5.3 test site to see if I could reproduce the error.
    It does not show any errors when checking out. Not sure why you are getting them.

Plugin Contributions

Good evening. I recently downloaded this addon and installed it. (Like, the day before you updated to v2.5, lol). I downloaded and installed version 2.1b.

Anyway, I'm not super savvy but I'm decent enough to follow instructions, so I apologize if this is a silly question.

The instructions have directions for a fresh install, or upgrading from 1.33A to 2.5. How do I update 2.1b to 2.5?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin View Post
    Good evening. I recently downloaded this addon and installed it. (Like, the day before you updated to v2.5, lol). I downloaded and installed version 2.1b.

Anyway, I'm not super savvy but I'm decent enough to follow instructions, so I apologize if this is a silly question.

The instructions have directions for a fresh install, or upgrading from 1.33A to 2.5. How do I update 2.1b to 2.5?
    Open the Upgrade-1-33A_to_2-5 folder and copy all files to your server. After that paste the 1-5-3_Upgrade.sql In your admin panel, open Tools -> Install SQL Patches. Copy the query from 1-5-3_Upgrade.sql into the text box and hit 'send'.

This will upgrade anything from v1.33A to v2.5
    Last edited by countrycharm; 20 Nov 2014 at 03:37 PM.

Plugin Contributions

This will upgrade anything from v1.33A to v2.5
    Hi
    I'm using 2.1b for a while, and already have customers with and using reward points.
    I have the same question... how do I update from 2.1b to 2.5 ? Do I loose the configs, and the customers points, etc ? I read you earlier reply but I didn't get it....

Thanks
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mesnitu View Post
    Hi
    I'm using 2.1b for a while, and already have customers with and using reward points.
    I have the same question... how do I update from 2.1b to 2.5 ? Do I loose the configs, and the customers points, etc ? I read you earlier reply but I didn't get it....

Thanks
    No customer points will be loss. Just upload the admin folder inside the upgrade folder and copy and paste the 1-5-3_Upgrade.sql in admin.
    Last edited by countrycharm; 21 Nov 2014 at 06:37 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reward Points Full Suite v2.5 (for ZC v1.5x) Support Thread

I have updated the _docs folder how to upgrade Reward Points so no one else will have any problems. It will be in the downloads soon. Sorry for all the confusion.

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast