Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Support Thread for Google reCAPTCHA plugin

Now that Google reCAPTCHA V3 is out, is there going to be an upgrade to incorporate? I'm using ZC 157b. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Rick29690 View Post
    Now that Google reCAPTCHA V3 is out, is there going to be an upgrade to incorporate? I'm using ZC 157b. Thanks.
    There's little reason to need v3. Even Google says don't use v3 unless your web app needs it.

Are you inquiring about v3 "just because it exists"? Or is there something about v3 that you need on your site? What is that?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

reCaptcha is NOT working with 1.5.7b with Responsive Sheffield Blue v2 template

On the Contact Us page, the Subject line of the form does not appear but the program does check to make sure there is something there--resulting in it being impossible to complete.

Works as designed on the Create Account and Reviews pages.

I'm using Responsive Sheffield Blue v2 (most current) as the template. Replacing the default template file with the one in the reCaptcha distribution (i.e., /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_contact_us_default.php) caused the problem. Reverting to the Sheffield Blue template file fixed the subject line problem but now the Contact Us page doesn't have reCaptcha. And that's where I really needed it.

And yes, I added the v1.5.5 files (which are the same template file names) as instructed in the README file.

I'm not a php programmer so although I think I know what the problem is, I don't know how to fix it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Thank you all who are updating this plugin.

I am running 1.5.7c with the latest reCaptcha module. I have noticed that there is no reCaptcha for the "Ask a Question" page that is also connected in some way to a "contact us" page.

Thank you!

Shrimp

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Probably some stupid quirk with FEC's use of CSS/JS Loader junk.

I realize the following comment is not helpful in immediately doing what the rest of your post talks about ... but it's worth mentioning:

The first thing I delete when I find it is FEC, and all the things it adds or depends on, especially "CSS/JS Loader" stuff. All of these cause nightmares for interoperability with other plugins, and for upgrades, and for troubleshooting things that "should" work but don't work when these things are present.

When you get around to upgrading the site to a newer version, look into OPC One Page Checkout as a better replacement.

It would be great if there was a post with all the plugins that you recommend.

Thank you,

Shrimp

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shrimp-gumbo-mmmhhh View Post
    It would be great if there was a post with all the plugins that you recommend.
    My plugin recommendations: only the ones your business actually needs in order to serve the actual clearly-defined needs of your customers. And no added noise that would distract them. The fewer the better.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    My plugin recommendations: only the ones your business actually needs in order to serve the actual clearly-defined needs of your customers. And no added noise that would distract them. The fewer the better.
    Could you recommend a plugin that I could load more products to my website through a spreadsheet or datafeed file?

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shrimp-gumbo-mmmhhh View Post
    Thank you all who are updating this plugin.

I am running 1.5.7c with the latest reCaptcha module. I have noticed that there is no reCaptcha for the "Ask a Question" page that is also connected in some way to a "contact us" page.

Thank you!

Shrimp

I just had your same issue and I finally fixed it. To use reCaptcha in "ask a question" page, you need to adjust \includes\classes\observers\class.google_recaptcha.php Otherwise "ask a question" page will still show reCaptcha section but not in use.

Near line 24, add following code:

$pages_to_check[] = 'NOTIFY_ASK_A_QUESTION_CAPTCHA_CHECK';

Near line 40 below if (!$resp->isSuccess()) { Change the following code from:

$event_array = array('NOTIFY_CONTACT_US_CAPTCHA_CHECK' => 'contact', 'NOTIFY_CREATE_ACCOUNT_CAPTCHA_CHECK' => 'create_account', 'NOTIFY_REVIEWS_WRITE_CAPTCHA_CHECK' => 'review_text');

To

$event_array = array('NOTIFY_CONTACT_US_CAPTCHA_CHECK' => 'contact', 'NOTIFY_CREATE_ACCOUNT_CAPTCHA_CHECK' => 'create_account', 'NOTIFY_REVIEWS_WRITE_CAPTCHA_CHECK' => 'review_text','NOTIFY_ASK_A_QUESTION_CAPTCHA_CHECK' => 'contact');

zc version is 157 with Observer bug fixed. reCAPTCHA version 3.4

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Support Thread for Google reCAPTCHA

Hi
    I am running zen cart V1.5.1 (I know I should upgrade but I still have to get round to doing it).
    I'm trying to get Google's V2 reCaptcha ('I am not a robot') to work.
    Can anyone please confirm whether Google reCAPTCHA CAPTCHA - Version: 3.4 is working on ZC V1.5.1 running php5.3 ?
    I'm getting server error 500 upon sending the contact us form. My very expensive webhost (have a guess who that might be) are giving me the run-around saying they can't make sense of what's going on and asked me 'contact the developer of the script to preview the matter and suggest if a change in the code or server environment is required. If a change in the PHP settings is needed, provide us with his/her response, so we could verify if the change could be applied to the hosting environment.' I told them that this script is listed as working as compatible with both lower and higher versions of zen cart that run on both lower and higher versions than php5.3

Should I try another version of Google reCAPTCHA CAPTCHA perhaps? Maybe Version: 3.1?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thank you!
    Millie

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Support Thread for Google reCAPTCHA

I have a version on GitHub I have fettled to death...

https://github.com/torvista/Zen_Cart-Google_reCAPTCHA

If your version is working on your site then let sleeping dogs lie/leave well alone/don't fix what is not broken.

If you are having problems, then please try this out on your development site and report any issues and feed back improvements on GitHub.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast