Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Support Thread for Google reCAPTCHA

anything done in pieces winds up well in pieces

Load the entire template of your choice clone it and then change it to whatever you wanted to look like

Plugin Contributions

zc 1.5.8a, php 8.1.24, recaptcha 3.6a
    While its working fine, when the contact us page is loaded it throws this error:
    Code:
    17-Oct-2023 00:37:46 America/Chicago] Request URI: /contact_us?action=send, IP address: 82.147.85.78, Language id 1
    #0 /includes/classes/observers/class.google_recaptcha.php(40): zen_debug_error_handler()
    #1 /includes/classes/traits/NotifierManager.php(87): google_recaptcha->update()
    #2 /includes/modules/pages/contact_us/header_php.php(31): base->notify()
    #3 /index.php(35): require('/home/pcs/publi...')
    --> PHP Warning: Undefined array key "g-recaptcha-response" in /includes/classes/observers/class.google_recaptcha.php on line 40.
    Oddly the create account page does NOT do this.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2

Pez Collectors Store

Plugin Contributions

I checked and found no problem here. But in my shop, code for reCAPTCHA in contact page is placed before the
    HTML Code:
    </fieldset>
    tag instead of after as shown in plugin sample file.
    I did install this pugin a while ago. I can't remember exactly, but only trouble I had where comming from this code insertion point.

Plugin Contributions

Although I use Zen Cart 1.5.8a and PHP 8.1.24 like you I just realized I was using reCAPTCHA v3.7 from Torvista (on GitHub) and files are completly different. Please ignore my precedent post.

Plugin Contributions

This has gone away without any other changes, so it must have been related to my screwed up DB having nulls where they shouldn't be everywhere. Sorry!
    2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2

Pez Collectors Store

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Support Thread for Google reCAPTCHA plugin

I installed Google reCAPTCHA Version: 3.6a on zencart 1.5.0 https://gmstationery.com.au/. The contract or create account page displays the reCAPTCHA field but form can be submitted without clicking it.

Template is called bootstrap. I placed the reCAPTCHA under the CUAS field

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by vandiermen View Post
    I installed Google reCAPTCHA Version: 3.6a on zencart 1.5.0 https://gmstationery.com.au/. The contract or create account page displays the reCAPTCHA field but form can be submitted without clicking it.

Template is called bootstrap. I placed the reCAPTCHA under the CUAS field
    Did you edit the /includes/functions/extra_functions/functions_google_recaptcha.php to indicate that the checking should occur on those pages?

The default values are 'false', set the pages you're interested in to 'true' (and don't forget the quotes):
    PHP Code:
    //set to true for the pages on which you wish to enable reCaptcha (don't forget to add the code snippet to the template!)
    define('GOOGLE_RECAPCHTA_ASK_QUESTION''false');
    define('GOOGLE_RECAPCHTA_CONTACT_US''false');
    define('GOOGLE_RECAPCHTA_CREATE_ACCOUNT''false');
    define('GOOGLE_RECAPCHTA_REVIEWS''false');
    define('GOOGLE_RECAPCHTA_BISN''false'); //Back In Stock Notification Plugin: https://github.com/torvista/Zen_Cart-Back_in_Stock_Notifications 

Plugin Contributions

v1.5.7b PHP7.3 OPC installed (among others)

README update suggestion

A customer encountered issues trying to create an account in that the Google reCAPTCHA wasn't showing on the page hence just the warning "prove you are not a robot".

I re-checked my istallation of the latest version of this plugin. I eventually solved the issue by adding the required code to an OPC template includes/templates/template_default/tpl_create_account_register.php

This is not mentioned in the README for the plugin, so I continued to tear my hair out trying and retrying to follow the README verbatim -so for others it may present the same issue - hence the suggestion to maybe update the README to include the above.

cheers, Mike

Plugin Contributions

This is not mentioned in the README for the plugin, so I continued to tear my hair out trying and retrying to follow the README verbatim -so for others it may present the same issue - hence the suggestion to maybe update the README to include the above.
    Feel free to go ahead and add your hard-earned knowledge (via the GitHub repository) to the readme, the code is open source for a reason.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Scott had already asked this but no-one replied.
    I think it is crutial to add a reCaptcha to checkout_process page, as we are subject to many CC try attempts by bots.
    Does anyone know how to do this properly?

Quote Originally Posted by barkiesc View Post
    This plugin is really great. Previously bots were creating a ton of garbage accounts and this has completely stopped that.

Unfortunately I now have a bot testing out credit card numbers on my Zen Cart sites which is resulting in high credit card fees for all the authorization attempts. The bot is creating a Zen Cart account, I assume the human is doing that step to get through the reCAPTCHA, and then the bot is using that one account to complete the checkout process and try to charge a credit card. And doing this many many times.

Would it be possible to add a reCAPTCHA to some part of the checkout process so we can be sure it is a human checking out and not a bot? This functionality would likely be useful for other users as well who may be experiencing this type of problem, it seems to be becoming more common. For example adding a reCAPTCHA on the checkout_shipping or checkout_payment pages.

I tried to add a reCAPTCHA to checkout_shipping by editing these pages,

includes/classes/observers/auto.non_captcha_observer.php
    includes/classes/observers/class.google_recaptcha.php
    includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php
    includes/templates/MY_DEFAULT_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_checkout_shipping_default.php

The reCAPTCHA is displayed on the shipping page but the user isn't being required to select it so I obviously am doing something wrong. All of the pages above seemed straightforward to edit except for checkout_shipping/header_php.php -- I'm unsure about the change I made there. I am running the current version of Zen Cart. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Scott

Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast