Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Support Thread for Google reCAPTCHA

Doesn't match the updated version on Github:
    https://github.com/torvista/Zen_Cart...files/includes

But your error means it is being loaded twice/you have duplicated files.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    Doesn't match the updated version on Github:
    https://github.com/torvista/Zen_Cart...files/includes

But your error means it is being loaded twice/you have duplicated files.
    Thanks for the reply. I'll work through this.
    Can you please tell me, since there are no instructions for updating, only installation, if I were upgrading from previous versions, are there any files that have to be removed from any previous version?

Plugin Contributions

Note your keys, remove old files.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Just upgraded a site to ZC 1.5.8a. Most everything is working, but the ReCaptcha is off screen to the left on the contact page on iPhones and probably other mobile devices. See https://macbrud.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us. How to get it to center?

Not sure what version of the plugin I'm using (where do I look for that?). Is there a recent version which solves this problem?
    Member since 4/05.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by billc108 View Post
    Just upgraded a site to ZC 1.5.8a. Most everything is working, but the ReCaptcha is off screen to the left on the contact page on iPhones and probably other mobile devices. See https://macbrud.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us. How to get it to center?

Not sure what version of the plugin I'm using (where do I look for that?). Is there a recent version which solves this problem?
    The issue on your site when viewing on a phone/tablet device is that the site's template is not responsive.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    The issue on your site when viewing on a phone/tablet device is that the site's template is not responsive.
    Ok. Makes sense. The site uses a custom template which probably came out before the responsive templates existed.

Would I have to create a separate contact page template to insert into their custom templates? I didn't see such a thing in the responsive templates, so I assume I'd copy the one at includes/template_default/templates/tpl_contact_us_default.php and tweak to match the site? Is that one responsive these days?
    Member since 4/05.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by billc108 View Post
    Ok. Makes sense. The site uses a custom template which probably came out before the responsive templates existed.

Would I have to create a separate contact page template to insert into their custom templates? I didn't see such a thing in the responsive templates, so I assume I'd copy the one at includes/template_default/templates/tpl_contact_us_default.php and tweak to match the site? Is that one responsive these days?
    template_default is not responsive, but responsive_classic is although it also creates its responsiveness by a bunch of changes to its /common/html_header.php file.

That said, it's not just a /templates/ sub-directory file-copy since all responsive templates gain their responsiveness via html_header.php additions.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    template_default is not responsive, but responsive_classic is although it also creates its responsiveness by a bunch of changes to its /common/html_header.php file.

That said, it's not just a /templates/ sub-directory file-copy since all responsive templates gain their responsiveness via html_header.php additions.
    Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what exactly I need to do to solve this. I rarely work with ZenCart these days, so I'm going to need a little more specific guidance - along the lines of "explain it like I'm a 5 year old".

What html_header.php needs to be added to the contact page template? Is there a specific location where it needs to go, or just somewhere in the header?

Thanks
    Member since 4/05.

Plugin Contributions

I'm afraid your only option is to go to the existing responsive_classic template or the boostrap. There are so many things wrong with that template that it needs to be jacked up and a new one run under it.

I recommend the latter. If you have access to cPanel, you can test the templates by following the instructions at https://myzencarthost.com/index.php?...th-cPanel.html

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    I'm afraid your only option is to go to the existing responsive_classic template or the boostrap. There are so many things wrong with that template that it needs to be jacked up and a new one run under it.

I recommend the latter.
    So you're suggesting I grab something like responsive_classic/common/tpl_main_page.php, drop it in the custom template directory renamed as tpl_contact_us_default.php, and then tweak to fit the site's layout and the contact page function?

That's not something I look forward to, but if it gets this pitifully out of date site a little less pitiful I guess I will.

I'm working on a staging site already, but thanks for the pointer on setting one up.
    Member since 4/05.