Plugin Contributions

Default Shopping cart issue

Fresh install with xamp.
    Zencart 1.5
    windows 7 professional
    localhost
    Aberdeen Neutral template

Shopping Cart - count_contents();?> item(s) - format($_SESSION['cart']->show_total());?>
    I looked and found this problem in the forums but all I am told is to install xampp.
    On my first install i compiled apache and manually installed php myself.
    I uninstalled everything and then used xampp and the issue is still not resolved.

Any help anyone could offer would be great!!!

Thanks,

Dan

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shopping cart issue

Quote Originally Posted by Estfis81 View Post
    Any help anyone could offer would be great!!!
    Although your post may mean something to someone other than yourself, I (and probably many others) are sitting here wondering what your problem actually is.

There is nothing wrong with the code snippet you posted, and for all intents and purposes you could have pasted *any* line of code that may or may not be related to the *problem*, and which for reasons we are not aware of are apparently related to an xampp installation.

Perhaps if you describe the problem we can be of a lot more help.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

That little snippet of code is what pops up on the web page right next to my shopping cart.
    Home | Contact Us | Log In | Shopping Cart - count_contents();?> item(s) - format($_SESSION['cart']->show_total());?> |
    Name:  screenshot.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  7.0 KB

I have seen that people have had this issue before but installing xampp seemed to helps some of them but it didn't work for me.

Plugin Contributions

I loaded zencart up today after installing xampp and installed the template TBsempre and had exactly the same issue. As I am new to php etc took me several hours to track down the offending script and correct it.

In the tpl_header.php for the template line 60 the code read...

Code:
                     <li class="shopping"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?> &nbsp; <purple>(<? echo $_SESSION['cart']->count_contents();?>) &nbsp; <? echo $currencies->format($_SESSION['cart']->show_total());?></purple></a> </li>
    I noted the missing php tags in the later section after the <? and changed it to

Code:
                     <li class="shopping"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?> &nbsp; <purple>(<?php echo $_SESSION['cart']->count_contents();?>) &nbsp; <?php echo $currencies->format($_SESSION['cart']->show_total());?></purple></a> </li>
    now this displays fine. You might want to look for something similar in the template you are using?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

PHP 5.3 doesn't like the use of "<?". It requires "<?php" instead.

The only exception to this is if you've changed the PHP configuration to allow the use of "short tags". But that's disabled by default in PHP 5.3. I recall reading that they're going to enable it again by default in PHP 5.4.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Estfis81 View Post
    That little snippet of code is what pops up on the web page right next to my shopping cart.

Name:  screenshot.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  7.0 KB

I have seen that people have had this issue before but installing xampp seemed to helps some of them but it didn't work for me.
    Dear your problem is solved? i am facing same problem!