Plugin Contributions

help question Changing products to 'virtual' en-masse

I have some questions posted today regarding issues with PP express & 'blank address' errors when my customers try to checkout.

I would like to use Dr. Byte's fix shown here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...91#post1093291

Is there an SQL patch that I can use to mass change my products to 'virtual'? I have 700+ products and I reeeeally don't want to click through them all one at a time.

I don't know if I need to change the 'free shipping' option, too... right now my products are set to this:
    virtual->NO, shipping address required
    free shipping->NO, normal shipping rules

I only sell digital downloads and maybe 5 gift certificates.

ANYWAY, thanks in advance for any/all help!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing products to 'virtual' en-masse

If your products are downloads, then Zen Cart will AUTOMATICALLY treat them as virtual. It's kinda smart like that.

Nothing to do here.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, so to confirm... having them set as 'virtual->NO, shipping address required' doesn't matter?

I know you mentioned to me in my paypal issues thread that I need to do the 'virtual' code fix and have all my products set to virtual, since Paypal is returning blank address errors.

Will that line of code be the only trick I need?

Thank you SO much - I hope I'm not being a ditz here. :-) Thank you for your patience with me! I really hope I'm not frustrating you. I promise I won't make the forums explode again with so many questions. I'm somewhat desperate to get this fixed.
    Last edited by meljen; 23 Jul 2012 at 12:25 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. Change the line of code, as I stated.
    2. Set up your downloadable products normally, just as you would any downloadable product. Instructions in the FAQs area. Nothing special to do to downloads specifically for PayPal.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, once again. I have the Zen Cart guide book. I guess all of this is VERY confusing for me. I've hardly touched stuff like this before. (Of course, not getting much sleep over the past few nights of crunching hasn't helped, either!)

You are so kind to check in and poke me in all of my threads... thanks again for your patience. Off to fix the code!