Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Setting up Sub Attributes

I am wondering if there is anything available to help me list 'Sub-Attributes'. I am listing embroidery designs under a product and need to know the location of the design (3 designs available).

Example: All products have attributes for Color / Size / Embroidered Logo. I need a new attribute filed to be listed under each Embroidered Logo to specify Left Chest / Right Sleeve / Right Chest.

Please be sure to let me know if you need further explanation. Thanks in advance for any help that may be provided.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Setting up Sub Attributes

Sounds like you're asking about 'dependent attributes' (attributes which appear depending on the selection of another attribute). That isn't supported in Zencart now.

Plugin Contributions

Actually I am just in need of having the Location attributes show up below each option for the Embroidered Logo attribute. The Embroidered Logo attribute is a check box and the Location would be a radio button.

I just need a way to ask the customer where they would like the embroidery to be on the garment. Thanks for your help!

Plugin Contributions

Can there be more than one logo? If not, you would just add the attribute Location with the values Please Select, Left Chest, Right Chest, etc.

Plugin Contributions

There will be 3 different logos to choose from. I would like the Location attribute to appear below all logo attributes (3). I guess I would call it more of a sub-attribute rather than a dependent attribute. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Can they have more than one logo on a garment? If not, more than one "Location" attribute is likely to confuse the customers. If so, you still just need "Logo A Location", "Logo B Location" and "Logo C Location" attributes, with sort orders to put them below each of the choices. You may want to install Flexible Attributes from Plugins to get more control of exact positions of each element.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, customer will be able to choose more than one logo to have embroidered on their garment. I did some reading on the Flexible Attribute and it seems like it may be worth giving it a test.

Attached is a screen shot of my attribute display on the product info page. What I am looking for is to put the 'Location' attributed below each of the logos for the customer to pick the location of each logo they would like to have stitched on their garment. Thanks so much for your help!

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  41.1 KB

Plugin Contributions

What if you changed the embroidery options from Checkboxes to Text fields, upload the images as attribute swatches as you do now, and then they can enter the location where they want it in the textbox?

Plugin Contributions

Hi Jettrue, not really an ideal solution as they would be able to type whatever they want in the text field. It would however be a means to an end if needed.

Here is the real kicker. I looked over the Flexible Attribute add-on and have ruled it out as well. I have had custom coding done that shows certain logos depending on what customer is logged in. For instance, if customer A is logged in they can see all 3 logos (permission given in admin) - Customer B can only see 1 of the logos - Customer C can only see logo A and logo C.

Due to this I believe I will have to get this custom coded as well. It will most likely have to be written into the Embroidery attribute filed to show location below each of the embroidery logos. This way it will keep the location attribute from showing up if the customer who is logged in only can choose from 1 or 2 logos.

Hope this makes sense and probably should have known it would have to be custom coded. I always at least like to try to get the solution before going out to hire someone to do it for me. Thanks to everyone for the help! It is much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by corygatz View Post
    Hi Jettrue, not really an ideal solution as they would be able to type whatever they want in the text field. It would however be a means to an end if needed.

Here is the real kicker. I looked over the Flexible Attribute add-on and have ruled it out as well. I have had custom coding done that shows certain logos depending on what customer is logged in. For instance, if customer A is logged in they can see all 3 logos (permission given in admin) - Customer B can only see 1 of the logos - Customer C can only see logo A and logo C.

Due to this I believe I will have to get this custom coded as well. It will most likely have to be written into the Embroidery attribute filed to show location below each of the embroidery logos. This way it will keep the location attribute from showing up if the customer who is logged in only can choose from 1 or 2 logos.

Hope this makes sense and probably should have known it would have to be custom coded. I always at least like to try to get the solution before going out to hire someone to do it for me. Thanks to everyone for the help! It is much appreciated.
    What about, instead of making the Logo names option values, make them option names instead, and have the dropdowns have the different locations. You can add the image and play with the option name image style to see if it looks ok.
    So it could be Logo Name, Image, drop down menu with locations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast