Plugin Contributions

Default Removing checkout link from FEC checkout page

Hi
    Im using numinix fast easy checkout mod - but i think its the same with normal checkout using the template i have (pure blue template)

At the top of the checkout page you get this

On the Name:  srn.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  8.5 KB

There is a blue checkout link. Using a heat map i notice customers are entering their "message to seller" message and then clicking this blue checkout breadcrumb link. It doesnt take them to pay for their order, instead it just refreshes the checkout page and they lost their message which isnt stored

I cant see any use for a bredcrumb link which just refreshes the page on the checkout page. Ive overlooked this for a long time and wasnt until i installed a heat map ive noticed over 40% of people are clicking that after their "message to seller" message and then losing it!

I will let the developers of this template know about it.. but is this also a problem with other templates

And the big quiestion is how can i remove it?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removing checkout link from checkout page

I should add - its probably more of an issue for me as i have modified the checkout page so that the "message to seller" box is at the top of the page, not the bottom - but nevertheless i really dont think that link does anything to help the customer

Plugin Contributions

It's part of your header, so the easiest way would be to add a page specific css file: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Per-Page-Rules
    .blue-link {display:none}

Plugin Contributions

should i put only that line in the css and what should i call the stylesheet? Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removing checkout link from FEC checkout page

Dear creamcrackers,
    Unfortunately there is not enough information to define the matter as an issue. You describe the behavior of working with some "message to seller" add-on or something else modification. In our case, the link "checkout" is intended for the fast move to the checkout page.
    Please, provide us the link to the site or more screenshots, so we can see the problem more closely.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removing checkout link from FEC checkout page

Quote Originally Posted by VJef View Post
    Dear creamcrackers,
    Unfortunately there is not enough information to define the matter as an issue. You describe the behavior of working with some "message to seller" add-on or something else modification. In our case, the link "checkout" is intended for the fast move to the checkout page.
    Please, provide us the link to the site or more screenshots, so we can see the problem more closely.

Hi
    Its not an add-on. Its part of zen cart. I think you call it "order comments". Which is available on the final checkout page.
    What i mean is. - on a normal checkout proceedure page there is an optional area for the customer to add comments for the order. Thats usually at the bottom of the page before clicking the button to confirm the order. Ive moved it to the top of the page. By doing that, people arent scrolling down the page as they start entering their comments at the top and then click the checkout link.

Im talking about the bredcrumb link on the final page of checkout before you are meant to click the link at the bottom of the page to confirm the order. Only theres a bread crumb link at the top which says checkout. Using a heat map ive worked out about 40% of people click this instead of the confirm order link at the bottom of the page.

If people have filled in, the order comments box and click that link it just refreshes the page and whats in that box is then lost.

Sit is go g o florist [dot] com youd have to go through the order process to see what i mean but actually its the same on any ZC site where the template has bredcrumbs for checkout process. I think you can see my image above