Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal standard auth and then capture when shipped

I am new to Zencart and will be using Paypal standard. I have tested this in the paypal sandbox and I get the order authorized (pending). Can I capture the payment from Zencart when the product is ready to be shipped? Basically, is there something I need to change to be be able to have a capture button in zencart admin for the order that has been authorized and is not ready to be shipped.

I cannot capture payment at the time of order because the product may not be able to be shipped immediately. I need to capture the funds when the product is ready to ship. I want to do this from within the admin of zencart if possible.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal standard auth and then capture when shipped

You can do it from the Zen Cart admin if you use the more contemporary and more reliable PayPal Express Checkout module instead.

Unless you're in a country where PayPal support is very minimal, there's basically no reason to use the Payments Standard module at all. It should be used as a last resort only.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Is it possible to auto capture (not manual capture) when order status change to ship?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jsarwar View Post
    Is it possible to auto capture (not manual capture) when order status change to ship?
    There's no built-in functionality for that. But, since you're in the same screen when updating its status to shipped, you can easily do the capture from the section higher on the screen.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.