Plugin Contributions

Default USPS shipping Module + Free Shipping by Order Total

Hello,

I have a client that wishes to offer free shipping over a certain dollar amount but also wants to provide the option for rush shipping. They use the USPS shipping module so clients can choose express, priority etc, but the issue is if free shipping is enabled, there is no other option displayed.

Free shipping is being managed by Orders Total Module.

Is there a way to keep this setup, yet still offer rush shipping as calculated by USPS?

A side question is that the customer only wishes to offer free shipping within the continental US, I have the Orders Total Module set to National, but is there another plugin that would offer free shipping to only apply to a zone of states?

Thanks for your help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS shipping Module + Free Shipping by Order Total

Hello,

It seems the free weight based on order amount overwrides the USPS module. Would it make sense to setup a 2nd variation of the USPS module using a different name? I could have normal shipping that turns free on the first install and "rush" types of shipping on the 2nd? This is on a live site, so I haven't tried this yet. Let me know if you think this is worth a go, or if someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Turn off the Free Shipping on the Order Totals module for Shipping ot_shipping ...

Now install the Free Shipping Options freeoptions and set the Total >= XX.XX and you will see both the Free Shipping and the USPS for shipping when the total is greater or equal to the amount you set ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh.

I have a similar problem. I want to offer free shipping for orders less than 1 lb. I'm using the USPS shipping module as my primary. I did what you told skinnyalbert to do. That is, I set Allow Free Shipping to false under admin>Modules>Order Total - Shipping. I then installed the Free Shipping Options module and set Weight <= to 1. It selects free shipping on all orders regardless of the weight. I even tried removing the Shipping - ot_shipping feature. Same result. What am I doing wrong?

Plugin Contributions

Are your Products marked Always Free Shipping?

Did you change code anywhere on the shipping module(s) or shipping class?

What are all the settings in the Configuration ... Shipping/Packaging ...

Make sure on the Free Shipping Options freeoptions that the settings on Total and Item are set to blank, not to 0 ... the only one that should be set is the Weight <= 1 ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Ajeh.

The value for Total was set to 0 (apparently the default). I set it to blank and it's fine. Appreciate the help.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that you were able to correct the settings ...

On the Free Shipping Options, there has to be a distinction between 0 and OFF so this is is done with the blank setting ...
    Linda McGrath