Plugin Contributions

Default Where can I add some instructions for using the shopping cart??

When a customer views his shopping cart, there is text in shopping cart header that suggests to "You may want to add some instructions for using the shopping cart here. (defined in includes/languages/english/shopping_cart.php)".

I'd like to add some instructions indeed, but since I'm a total profane in programming, I don't even know where to find the .php stated above. My question is: Is there a simpler way to add those instructions, like via the Tools/Define Pages Editor/english....?? I was able to edit/add text to many tabs such as Privacy, Shipping & returns with that Define Pages Editor, why not the shopping cart??

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where can I add some instructions for using the shopping cart??

Think this is what your looking for http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=607 it creates a define page in your admin tools like the ones for shipping info etc, why it's not included in the zencart installation I don't know.
    What ever your doing remember to KISS ( Keep It Simple Stupid )

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where can I add some instructions for using the shopping cart??

Might be better to figure out how to do it the way the text suggests. You'll need to do the same with files that you can't add to the editor.

First, no programming required, just some text editing. Using your FTP program, find the file specified (the path to it is presented in that text).

Open the file in a text editor.

In Zencart, the word 'defined' refers to values given to constants. the one you're looking for is this line:

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'You may want to add some instructions for using the shopping cart here. (defined in includes/languages/english/shopping_cart.php)');

You're giving the constant TEXT_INFORMATION the value inside the single quotes. Replace that text with whatever you want it to say (being sure to leave the single quotes) and save the file.

Back to FTP - place the file in includes/languages/english/YOUR_CUSTOM_TEMPLATE_NAME, and your text will appear.