Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag USPS Module Install Problems

Hello there I am new to the ZenCart Community I have just migrated from TomatoCart because of its unstableness. I have read lots of forums on the USPS issue but still cannot figure out the problem. Here is what I have done so far.

-I have been to to the zenmart download site and downloaded the usps file. I have placed the usps.php file into includes/modules/shipping.

-I was getting a error that said there was a language file missing but when I put the usps.php file in the language file it disappeared but still did not show the usps options.

-I have contact USPS and set up a Web Tools Account. I am on the production server now. I called twice just to make sure I was and they stated that I was on the production server.

-This is the READ ME from the USPS file I downloaded:
    USPS RateV3 January 22, 2012

To install this code

1 go to your Zen Cart Admin to the Modules ... Shipping ... I'm assuming this is in the filemanager area

2 Click on USPS and edit then save all your settings to NotePad as they will be lost Click on USPS? There wasn't a file named that in the first place thats why I downloaded this?

3 Click REMOVE to uninstall the current version of USPSI cannot remove a file that isn't there.

4 Load the new files with your FTP program they go in the same directories so you can copy the directory
    /includes

to your server and overwrite the old files

5 Go to your Zen Cart Admin and to the Modules ... Shipping ...

6 Click on USPS shipping modules and click INSTALL

7 Configure your USPS shipping module

NOTE: this shipping module cannot work until USPS has updated their server with the new rates.
    This should be done on January 22, 2012

I keep doing all this and still I can't seem to bring USPS up.

MISSION: What I'm trying to accomplish is to be able to allow free shipping within the USA and then use USPS rate calculator to determine the cost of shipping to be added to the total in checkout. Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Module Install Problems

Once you loaded the new files to your server, do you now see the USPS shipping module in Modules ... Shipping ...?

If not, make sure that the code file is in:
    /includes/modules/shipping

NOTE: the code file does not have the define statements in it

Make sure that the language file is in:
    /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping

NOTE: the language file does have all of the define statements in it

If so, did you contact USPS and have them update your Web Tools Account to the Production server?

If you look in the Configuration ... Shipping/Packaging ... what are your settings there?

If you still have errors, look in your directory:
    /cache

and see what debug log files come up ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Once you loaded the new files to your server, do you now see the USPS shipping module in Modules ... Shipping ...?

If not, make sure that the code file is in:

NOTE: the code file does not have the define statements in it

Make sure that the language file is in:
    /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping

NOTE: the language file does have all of the define statements in it

If so, did you contact USPS and have them update your Web Tools Account to the Production server?

If you look in the Configuration ... Shipping/Packaging ... what are your settings there?

If you still have errors, look in your directory:
    /cache

and see what debug log files come up ...

Thank You so much for your fast response. I have been on the rode and have not been able to reply. I finally figured out after reading your reply where I went wrong. I have USPS working now or atleast for now.

I also had another question that I'm having trouble with:

-I uploaded a new template into my admin and it works and looks great so far but I want to edit somethings like the text, buttons, etc. Where do I go to edit these type of things. I figured there would be an easy way in the admin to do this but I can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

This is best asked in another thread where someone who does design and template work can help you as this one is for USPS ...

Thanks for the update that your USPS is now working ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I just installed this mod successfully but I'm wondering if it's necessary to have the Web Tools account? The add-on seems to be populating the correct shipping prices right now and I didn't sign up for anything, just dragged over the files to my server...

Plugin Contributions

Check again that this is the USPS shipping module that you have installed and are seeing quotes from ...

It does not work without a valid Web Tools account that has been set to the Production Server with USPS either by email or phone ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Sorry to bother you but I am having some issues. I followed the instructions I found (I thought) and it never showed up for me to install it. In the zip file i downloaded under zen-root there are two files, one admin and one includes. Under admin there is a modules php file. Where do I put it? and under includes then modules then shipping there is a usps php file. Where do I put that one? Sorry again I tried to get it to work with no prevail. Thank you for your time and patience.
    The Stormy Willow

Plugin Contributions

You have installed the USPS for RateVersion 3 or 4?

It sounds like 4 ...

The file for /admin goes in your:
    /your_secrect_admin_dir

The code file:
    /includes/modules/shipping/usps.php

goes in your:
    /<store directory if you use one>/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php

the file:
    The file:
    /includes/lanugages/english/modules/shipping/modules/shipping/usps.php

goes in your:
    /<store directory if you use one>/includes/lanugages/english/modules/shipping/modules/shipping/usps.php

If you are installing the UPS for RateVersion 3, then you need to install the:

The code file:
    /includes/modules/shipping/usps.php

goes in your:
    /<store directory if you use one>/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php

the file:
    The file:
    /includes/lanugages/english/modules/shipping/modules/shipping/usps.php

goes in your:
    /<store directory if you use one>/includes/lanugages/english/modules/shipping/modules/shipping/usps.php
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Okay I am having problems as well... I downloaded the USPS Module (latest updated version - USPS RateV3 ) and I installed the Files like the Read me stated to do but the Module is NOT showing up in my Stores Admin area under shipping???

Please help! Thank you!
    Christine

Plugin Contributions

Check and see if you have backup files in your:

directory and that you do not have a renamed usps.php that was an old version ... this is an autoloading directory and all files that end in .php will load ...

Look at your debug logs... these are in /cache in older than v1.5.1 and /logs in v1.5.1+ versions of Zen Cart ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast