Plugin Contributions

Default Sell by multiple units of measure?

Good afternoon,

I have looked and looked throughout the forum once again, but the answer is not readily available or apparent:

I would like to be able to sell products by multiple units of measure (i.e., by the case, by the each, by the box) without having to create multiple instances of the same product.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

J

Amersham, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sell by multiple units of measure?

You could set up a product option (Pack Size?, Quantity?) and give it values (Case, Box, Single) and then assign these attributes appropriately to the products.

Plugin Contributions

I apologize, unfortunately that post was the last order of business for me today and I wasn't very clear in my description of the problem.

Yes, I have done that. Right now my workaround is that I have set the price offset to reflect one less than is in a case or pack, what have you, and then it will automatically charge the correct price.

My issue is that I have 300 individual line items, most of whom have three or four quantities in which they are sold.

I need to be able to communicate that information within the order, I guess a more accurate question would be is there a module, addon, or other modification whereby the quantity requested can be added in?

Say if the case attribute is selected, the quantity is automatically adjusted to 50 units? Or whatever the case is?

Plugin Contributions

Okay, so I have started the process of modifying Zen Cart to get it to do what I want it to do.

I am using 1.50 and I am stuck.

Here is what I have done:

Added a few lines to includes\modules\pages\shopping_cart\header_php.php to pull a value out of my database whereby I have assigned a quantity amount to an attribute value.

Here is where I am stuck.

Where is the quantity passed to the saved shopping cart from the product info page? I see it is passed through $_SESSION, but where is the actual quantity variable set in $_SESSION?

Regards,

Jeremiah

Amersham, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jrcook416 View Post
    I need to be able to communicate that information within the order, I guess a more accurate question would be is there a module, addon, or other modification whereby the quantity requested can be added in?
    If all you need is the quantity to show up on the order, why not just make the description of the various sizes reflect the quantity. So have your option values as something like 'Case (50 units)' 'Box (12 Units)' etc
    Then on the order it can show the customer purchasing:
    1 x Case (50 Units) Product X
    2 x Box (12 Units) Product Y
    etc
    Might solve the problem without hacking the code?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by David Allen View Post
    If all you need is the quantity to show up on the order, why not just make the description of the various sizes reflect the quantity. So have your option values as something like 'Case (50 units)' 'Box (12 Units)' etc
    Then on the order it can show the customer purchasing:
    1 x Case (50 Units) Product X
    2 x Box (12 Units) Product Y
    etc
    Might solve the problem without hacking the code?
    The problem that I have is that i need to have a clear quantity to export into my inventory solution.

It is too labor intensive to go back and hand crank up to 25 orders with 25 individual lines in a thirty minute period into my inventory solution and then turn around all of the order reporting that I have to accomplish in a given amount of time.

I do not wish to install Stock by Attribute for v.1.5 because it would appear that that given solution is broken at this point in time.

All I am doing is writing a small bit of code to swap one given quantity for another at the time the order is placed.

This is the solution that I have come up with for what I need to accomplish as no easier solution is readily available. I need the program to be able to shift item quantity on the fly based on an attribute that I define.

Plugin Contributions

This thread may be closed.

Searching for an alternative workaround for the problem is becoming labor and cost prohibitive.

I was indeed able to create some code to change the quantities on the fly, I was also able to locate the classes where the session variables are being written; however, to engineer this properly is going to push me off deadline and become more of a hassle in the end.

Regards,

Jeremiah