Plugin Contributions

Default Error message when accessing admin cpanel / tools / Install SQL patches

"You don't have permission to access /zencart/zcadmin/sqlpatch.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

This is a fresh install and i then un-installed and re-installed because it threw the same error the first time .. now i know it is not the installation. After checking there are three other carts installed with V150 are throwing the same error ... did i miss something as i have not found anything about this... not sure i looked in the right place ... any help would be much appreciated and i thank you in advance!! thanks Mongo
    A lie can travel half way around the world before the truth can put it's shoes on... Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error message when accessing admin cpanel / tools / Install SQL patches

Very old versions of Zen Cart had a security flaw that allowed hackers to do rogue things, and one of the things they did through that hole was use it to submit unauthorized queries using the sqlpatch.php tool.
    As a consequence, some hosts have set up rules to block the use of that script. Unfortunately that's the wrong "solution", but it's the cheapest approach a host can take instead of getting the vulnerable store to upgrade to a secure (and contemporary) version.

Since you're using ZC v1.5.0, just ask your host to turn off that rule in their mod-security settings for your specific site. If they won't, find a host who knows what they're doing.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error message when accessing admin cpanel / tools / Install SQL patches

Have never had an issue till the new version and have contacted my hosting company to remedy the problem thanks for the help ...
    A lie can travel half way around the world before the truth can put it's shoes on... Mark Twain