Plugin Contributions

Default Help choosing shipping module strategy

Hello, I've been messing with this for a little while now and am starting to get frustrated. I was hoping some of you could help me.

Here's what I hoped to accomplish with my Zen Cart. I would like customers to be able to click through the shopping cart and then be presented with a list of shipping options, either USPS/FEDEX/UPS or even just USPS/FEDEX. I would like to have real-time rate quotes displayed next to each option.

I would also like to be able to print labels for each service so that I can have the packages picked-up.

Sounds simple, but for some reason I can't get it to happen. Every shipping module I try seems to have some sort of built-in limitation.

I've tried the Numinix Fedex Web Services module but CAN NOT for the life of me, get it working. I've tried every single solution I've seen online, quadruple-checked all of my configuration info, tried 3-4 different production URLs including the one sent to me via email, and nothing works. I'm guessing the problem must be on their end, but I haven't gotten around calling FedEx Developer Network yet.

I installed ShipStation, thinking that would solve my problems because they appeared to cover all 3 services, but after installing, I found out that there's hardly any Zen Cart integration at all. It just skims the order info as it come in, then feeds it into a completely cloud-based (online) management suite. It doesn't feed rates back to the cart pages or anything like that, unless I'm missing something.

I signed up for USPS Web Tools, but need to call in and get my Production URLs before knowing of any of it actually works.

So...I was wondering....what does everyone else use? Which combination of services or modules should I duct-tape together to get the results I am aiming for?

Thanks!
    -~D~-

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help choosing shipping module strategy

Quote Originally Posted by MementoMori View Post
    Hello, I've been messing with this for a little while now and am starting to get frustrated. I was hoping some of you could help me.

Here's what I hoped to accomplish with my Zen Cart. I would like customers to be able to click through the shopping cart and then be presented with a list of shipping options, either USPS/FEDEX/UPS or even just USPS/FEDEX. I would like to have real-time rate quotes displayed next to each option.

I would also like to be able to print labels for each service so that I can have the packages picked-up.

Sounds simple, but for some reason I can't get it to happen. Every shipping module I try seems to have some sort of built-in limitation.

I've tried the Numinix Fedex Web Services module but CAN NOT for the life of me, get it working. I've tried every single solution I've seen online, quadruple-checked all of my configuration info, tried 3-4 different production URLs including the one sent to me via email, and nothing works. I'm guessing the problem must be on their end, but I haven't gotten around calling FedEx Developer Network yet.

I installed ShipStation, thinking that would solve my problems because they appeared to cover all 3 services, but after installing, I found out that there's hardly any Zen Cart integration at all. It just skims the order info as it come in, then feeds it into a completely cloud-based (online) management suite. It doesn't feed rates back to the cart pages or anything like that, unless I'm missing something.

I signed up for USPS Web Tools, but need to call in and get my Production URLs before knowing of any of it actually works.

So...I was wondering....what does everyone else use? Which combination of services or modules should I duct-tape together to get the results I am aiming for?

Thanks!
    -~D~-
    Hmm...well I can say that I use Fedex web services and it works like a champ... the latest version on Numinix's website is for pretty much all the latest versions of ZC.

I would install the latest version of Fedex web services which came out two days ago...

And where exactly are you inputting the requested production URL??? I believe that was a setting in the old fedex module that was discontinued long ago and no longer works.

Fedex WEB services now no longer even needs you to input that setting. You simply need to input your meter number that you request through Fedex. The rest of the entries are just your account and address information.

Here are the exact instructions:
    -Ensure that PHP is compiled with SOAP. Speak to your hosting company if unsure.
    -Upload all files in this package while maintaining the directory structure
    -Go to ADMIN->MODULES->SHIPPING->FEDEX WEB SERVICES and configure the module
    -When adding a meter number, ensure that the meter number has been generated for the Web Services API by requesting a production account at http://www.fedex.com/us/developer/ (Note: meter numbers from the old API will not be valid).

If you're saying that you need to enter a production URL somewhere in the fedex settings then I'm guessing you actually installed the old and incorrect version of the fedex module.

If you installed the latest fedex web services module as found on numinix's website, then I think you might need to check with your host that the first requirement has been met, i.e., Ensure that PHP is compiled with SOAP.

The latest USPS zc module as posted by Ajeh (check the sticky at the top of the Zen Cart Announcements forum) works great too. I also use that. Once you get your webtools ID from USPS and have it configured, and also properly set up fedex web services, they will both do exactly what you are asking for (showing a realtime quote next to the shipping option in the checkout page)
    Last edited by RoboPhung; 8 Sep 2012 at 09:55 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help choosing shipping module strategy

heres how i fixedFedEx on Xampp(Home Server as a Test) i added ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll to my windows system32 directory. In the Php.ini i deleted the semi colon under extentions for openssl, soap, cURL