Threaded View

Plugin Contributions

Default Ultimate SEO v3 (and v2.200) [Support Thread]

Firstly, Thanks to all those who spent the time to write, code, and maintain this plugin over the years. Without your hard work it would have taken me far longer to meet the requests and needs of my clients in terms of generated URLs under Zen Cart.

Updates / Fixes
    I've released my previously internal version of the "Ultimate SEO" plugin. Version 2.200 contains a number of changes for compatibility with PHP 5.x, improved (but not perfect) handling of unicode, improved (but not perfect) handling when used with the "Query Cache" plugin, initial support for using the "SQL_CACHE_METHOD" configuration directive in ZC 1.5, and support for ZC 1.5 admin profiles.

New Features
    Add category to begining of product URLs?
    This setting will add the category name to the beginning of the product URLs (i.e. - category-c-1/product-p-1.html). This will create a nested hierarchy and categories will appear to be directories. Be aware when setting this option to true: the previous option "Add category parent to begining of URLs? (parent-category-c-1.html)" will be ignored and you will need to update the rewrite rules in your .htaccess file.

Enter PCRE filter rules for generated URLs
    This setting will allow you to run PCRE filters over the generated URLs before the existing "special character conversions" and "Remove all non-alphanumeric characters" filters are run. This provides a large amount of flexibility to transform the url. For example using "&=>and" will generate a URL with all & symbols in the name of a category or product replaced with the word "and".

Disclaimer
    I do not currently have the time to fully support this plugin, and will not guarantee it will not break your site. If in doubt, always test first on a non production site before deploying this (or any other plugin).

That said, I've been using this version without any major issues since the release of ZC 1.5 (with one small update in March to better handle product types and the Query Cache plugin). I am running with both the new features enabled, all URLs being rewritten, and the "remove all non-alphanumeric characters" filter disabled.
    Last edited by lhungil; 14 Aug 2012 at 03:30 PM.