Page 5 of 163 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ultimate SEO URLs 2.207!

Quote Originally Posted by morrisgiftshop View Post
    Would this mod will help the search engines to find your more or less?
    If you want to discuss Search Engine related topics, please use the Search Engines section of the forum. There are a large number of topics and discussions on how to optimize your site for search engines. A couple of threads at a glance: Custom rewrites for on page seo, Key words in URL, and basic operation for SEO.

This thread should be used for support and version announcements of "Ultimate SEO URLs" only.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    For all of the demo sites I've seen, including my stock 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 test sites, and my development site (lots of modules, different templates, etc) If you pull up the source and look at the "Form Action" you will see a URL like the first one you listed. This is the correct URL.
    Just to clarify, I've added some example URLs found in the "form action" for adding a product to a URL. The log files and / or looking at the files I mentioned earlier should hopefully help you narrow down where things in your installation are broken.

Some examples
    Code:
    http://demo.zen-cart.cn/hewlett-packard-sale-with-attributes-on-sale-p-60.html?action=add_product&number_of_uploads=0
    http://www.earth.local/store/dvd-movies-c-3/cartoons-c-3_13/a-bugs-life-linked-p-8.html?action=add_product
    http://www.earth.local/zen-cart-v1.5.1/hardware-c-1/keyboards-c-1_8/microsoft-internet-keyboard-ps2-p-25.html?action=add_product&cpath=1
    http://www.prom-mart.com/demo-1/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_4&products_id=1&number_of_uploads=0&action=add_product
    Last edited by lhungil; 29 Sep 2012 at 11:08 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by craftideasweekly View Post
    This plugin works perfectly on the site I am setting up (Yarnstyle.com, Zen 1.5.0) EXCEPT for the add to cart functionality is not working. :)
    I suspect it is something I need to change in the .htaccess file....

I have verified the add to cart button works when I turn this plugin off so it has something to do with this installation. Any advice on where I should look to make changes?
    I was finally able to duplicate this in one of my environments (only took me three days and lots of settings changing). My apologies: you were right, the culprit is in the .htaccess file.

Change:
    Code:
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([^/])/(.*)-p-(.*).html$ index\.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=$4&cpath=$2 [L]
    To
    Code:
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([^/])/(.*)-p-(.*).html$ index\.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=$4&cpath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Default HTACCESS Update / Patch

Affected Environments
    Everyone, especially those running with "Categories as Directories". Everyone should update their .htaccess file accordingly.

Credits
    Thanks to craftideasweekly for finding this bug.

Notes
    The needed changes will be incorporated in the next release. In the meantime you can download and examine a copy of the new .htaccess sample file.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HTACCESS Update / Patch

htaccess Update / Patch Preview

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    Affected Environments
    Everyone, especially those running with "Categories as Directories". Everyone should update their .htaccess file accordingly.

Credits
    Thanks to craftideasweekly for finding this bug.

Notes
    The needed changes will be incorporated in the next release. In the meantime you can download and examine a copy of the new .htaccess sample file.
    Thank YOU!!! I had tried your other suggestions and figured I was missing something and turned the plugin off.
    I'll add this to the .htaccess file, re-activate the plugin, and confirm it fixes the issue.

thanks again,
    Molly

Plugin Contributions

Confirmed -- the new .htaccess file worked like a charm! Thank you again!!:)

Plugin Contributions

Everything is working for me except the "Buy Now" buttons on the product list page. I get exactly the same link for every product:

Code:
    http://site/categoryname-c-1/?action=buy_now&sort=20a
    Clicking the link just takes you to an empty cart, which makes sense since there's no product ID to pass. Turning off SEO makes the links work:

Code:
    http://site/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&sort=20a&action=buy_now&products_id=2
    I'm running 1.5.0 and I've re-copied the Ultimate SEO just to make sure I had the right files and versions. I am using the updated .htaccess (but this doesn't look like an .htaccess problem). Turning on/off pretty much every option in SEO URLs doesn't affect it.

Am I the only one with this issue? Any solutions? Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

I recall someone having this or a similar problem some time back. His add to cart button from category product lisings did not work properly with Ultimate SEO. I think it was on the Search Engines forum. I spent a bit of time trying to find thread but couldn't. I don't think it was in the Ultimate SEO thread here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...imate-SEO-URLs

I recall it being a separate thread and don't recall if there was ever a solution.

BTW, it helps if you give the forum a link or text address to see your site. Sometimes someone might see the problem. Possibly other plugins or even templates (TM?) might be the cause of problems.
    Last edited by SPH; 3 Oct 2012 at 10:26 PM.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Here's another link (not the one I referenced) where someone had an add to cart problem with Ultimate SEO:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...seo+add+button

Looks like site went back to dynamic urls. Also, is a TM template which may have been a factor in the problem.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Page 5 of 163 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast