Page 93 of 163 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ultimate SEO 2.200 (new features) [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by buildingblocks View Post
    On the live site the USU version is not identified. I didn't install it so can say for sure which version. The file admin/includes/reset_seo_cache.php ...
    Just for future reference (and readers) the version of older copies of Ultimate URLs downloaded from zen-cart.com can usually be identified by reviewing the file "/includes/classes/seo.url.php" and "/includes/classes/seo.install.php".

The header posted does not the match the one in the versions of Ultimate SEO URLs available on zen-cart.com.
    Code:
    /*=======================================================================*\
    || #################### //-- SCRIPT INFO --// ########################## ||
    || #	Script name: admin/includes/seo_cache_reset.php
    || #	Contribution: Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1
    || #	Version: 2.0
    || #	Date: 30 January 2005
    || # ------------------------------------------------------------------ # ||
    || #################### //-- COPYRIGHT INFO --// ######################## ||
    || #	Copyright (C) 2005 Bobby Easland								# ||
    || #	Internet moniker: Chemo											# ||	
    || #	Contact: [email protected]									# ||
    || #	Commercial Site: http://gigabyte-hosting.com/					# ||
    || #	GPL Dev Server: http://mesoimpact.com/							# ||
    Appears the version previously installed may not have been specifically for Zen Cart or downloaded from an alternative source (and may contain other modifications). You may wish to double check all URLs on the site (and check through all of the configuration settings for Ultimate URLs).

... This is the one that worked for me, \\s+=> ...
    Glad it worked for you!

Interesting (and maybe a little amusing in retrospect), we have seen at least one server where double escaping was required (for example "\\\\s+=>"). Took way too long for us to identify the cause. Eventually saw a screen shot of the configuration page not showing the correct value and a screen shot of the PHP configuration (and groaned loudly when we noted a much older version of PHP and "magic quotes" enabled).
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Just for future reference (and readers) the version of older copies of Ultimate URLs downloaded from zen-cart.com can usually be identified by reviewing the file "/includes/classes/seo.url.php" and "/includes/classes/seo.install.php".
    ok, /includes/classes/seo.url.php has this

Ultimate SEO URLs For Zen Cart, version 2.150 / JardaR

Plugin Contributions

Weird, I'll have to look at the stock code for 2.150 (2.200 was a branch off 2.109). Thank You for the information!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    IMHO the best approach for an e-commerce website in regards to the customer experience would be to
    Thank you for your very informative response and your recommendations. I've numerous redirects and rewrites in htaccess already and all are working well. Indeed, under normal circumstances I would not redirect an old product to a new product. But after reviewing the pros and cons (specific to Google policy/algorithm) as far as I understand them, in the short term it appears a redirect is the way to go. I've already disabled the old product in Zen Cart. Once I see enough external links to the new URL, I'll kill the redirect.

Thanks again for your most excellent response. I bow in appreciation.

Plugin Contributions

Couldn't edit my above post.

Not sure why I was thinking redirect, when rewrite was clearly the way to go.

Implemented your recommendation #1, and works just as desired, for both the stock URL and for the SEO URL.

Thanks again for the assist!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon View Post
    Thank you for your very informative response and your recommendations. I've numerous redirects and rewrites in htaccess already and all are working well. Indeed, under normal circumstances I would not redirect an old product to a new product. But after reviewing the pros and cons (specific to Google policy/algorithm) as far as I understand them, in the short term it appears a redirect is the way to go. I've already disabled the old product in Zen Cart. Once I see enough external links to the new URL, I'll kill the redirect.

Thanks again for your most excellent response. I bow in appreciation.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your very informative response and your recommendations. ...
    ... Implemented your recommendation #1, and works just as desired, for both the stock URL and for the SEO URL. ...
    You are welcome. Glad the provided example worked in your server environment!
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!

Plugin Contributions

... Ultimate SEO URLs For Zen Cart, version 2.150 / JardaR
    Ahh, found it (now that I have switched from my phone to my notebook). You are right, in versions prior to 2.200 if "Remove all non-alphanumeric characters?" was enabled whitespace was stripped (and the whitespace to dash code was still called, just never did anything). Of course if the filter was not enabled (default setting), whitespace was not stripped (and the whitespace was replaced with a dash).

Versions >= 2.200 perform detection and add support for the Unicode Character Set (not just ASCII) and do not strip whitespace when the alpha-numeric filter is enabled (letting the later code block replace whitespace with a dash). As previously noted, this results in easier to read URLs (and historically search engines treat a dash as a word boundary).

With the use of canonicals (present in modern versions of Zen Cart and Zen Cart templates), the major search engines will not penalize for the content being accessible from both the older URLs (words mashed together) and the new URLs (now containing a "-" between words). So not a big concern, but for those expecting the exact same behavior as previous versions, adding a PCRE filter will be necessary.

Thank You for catching this change, if I find some time I'll add a note to the installer or in the readme.
    Last edited by lhungil; 26 Aug 2015 at 08:44 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I have the latest version of Ultimate SEO and Zen Cart 1.5.4, but coming from my previous 2.210 I get a glitch. I am likely overlooking something, but I searched this thread and could not find it specifically mentioned. When a user is in a category and clicks on an item in that category it merely redirects them back to the category, not the product. Under 2.210 it would redirect to the product URL like yoursite.com/product-name-p-91.html. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by faithofgod View Post
    I have the latest version of Ultimate SEO and Zen Cart 1.5.4, but coming from my previous 2.210 I get a glitch. ...
    Please verify: all of the files were uploaded to the correct location, the new .htaccess file was installed and edited per contained instructions, all of the paths in both configure.php files are correct, and the installer was completed successfully. After verifying (easiest way is to walk through the installation again one step at a time), reset your browser cache and the Ultimate URLs cache.

What settings do you have configured for "Admin" -> "Configuration" -> "My Store" -> "Missing Page Check"? What are the contents of both of your "configure.php" files (obscure the db password and admin folder name if present)? What is the full contents of the .htaccess file in the store root (and any .htaccess files in parent folders)? What is the URL of a website were we can observe the behavior (can PM - but hard for people reading the forums to help without being able to observe the behavior - including full requests and responses between the web server and web browser)? What other modifications have been made to the store?

Please do not just copy / paste the contents of files, instead use a CODE block. This can be done by clicking the "#" in the editor when replying. Example: [CODE]pasted contents of file[/CODE]. This will make the file contents easier to read and avoid potential "cleaning" of the pasted code by the editor.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    Please verify: all of the files were uploaded to the correct location, the new .htaccess file was installed and edited per contained instructions, all of the paths in both configure.php files are correct, and the installer was completed successfully. After verifying (easiest way is to walk through the installation again one step at a time), reset your browser cache and the Ultimate URLs cache.

What settings do you have configured for "Admin" -> "Configuration" -> "My Store" -> "Missing Page Check"? What are the contents of both of your "configure.php" files (obscure the db password and admin folder name if present)? What is the full contents of the .htaccess file in the store root (and any .htaccess files in parent folders)? What is the URL of a website were we can observe the behavior (can PM - but hard for people reading the forums to help without being able to observe the behavior - including full requests and responses between the web server and web browser)? What other modifications have been made to the store?

Please do not just copy / paste the contents of files, instead use a CODE block. This can be done by clicking the "#" in the editor when replying. Example: [CODE]pasted contents of file[/CODE]. This will make the file contents easier to read and avoid potential "cleaning" of the pasted code by the editor.
    Thank you for your response.

The .htaccess file is the default one that comes with Ultimate SEO, with the only change being that the shop is changed from /shop/ to /.

"Admin" -> "Configuration" -> "My Store" -> "Missing Page Check" is set to on.

I tried running the uninstaller and commenting out the install in the file, but it does not seem to remove everything from the database. Is there specific tables that need to be deleted that I can do manually to try from scratch?

I really appreciate the help.