Page 144 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1622
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ultimate SEO 2.200 [Support Thread]

Thanks for your help and response...No there is not... however I switched on

Enable automatic redirects?
    This will activate the automatic redirect code and send 301 headers for old to new URLs.

To true... the site already had products listed etc... so did I need to put that on? The links on the site still use the old URLS, but when clicked go to the new URLS....

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by phil99 View Post
    Thanks for your help and response...No there is not... however I switched on

Enable automatic redirects?
    This will activate the automatic redirect code and send 301 headers for old to new URLs.

To true... the site already had products listed etc... so did I need to put that on? The links on the site still use the old URLS, but when clicked go to the new URLS....
    Enabling automatic redirects will help with the site's SEO, given that the 'old' URLs might be bookmarked by customers and/or search engines.

You'll need to check your Template Monster template's tpl_modules_featured_products.php, tpl_modules_specials_default.php and whatever script is creating that Categories mega-menu as it appears that the associated code is not using the zen_href_link function to create those product/category links.

Plugin Contributions

v1.5.5f php7.1

Hi Cindy,

I am trying to update from v2.215 to v3.0.6 without success. Following your installation instructions in the readme I deleted all files associated with the 2.215 version of the plugin and deleted all tables in configuration_group and configuration in the database (v2.215 doesn't have an uninstall.sql file and the uploading of the two files in the 'uninstall folder' didn't appear to work) - so I thought manually deleting the tables was the next best thing to do.

So deleting all files and the DB tables resulted in a blank white screen for both admin and store. Uploading installation files for 3.0.6 didn't retrieve admin (so couldn't complete installation) nor store - both remained blank. As the plugin doesn't overwrite any ZC core files I'm at a loss to know what went wrong?

I did this upgrade attempt on a live site - fortunately I had a full backup and am now back to where I was.

I am now going to make a copy of my site and attempt an upgrade on that site copy .... before i do, do you have any suggestions as to how I should go about it given that there is no uninstall.sql file for 2.215? ... is attempting an upgrade all the way to 3.0.6 'a bridge too far'?

Al I really need is for the canonical issue to work - that was fixed on v3.0.0 right? should I just try upgrading to 3.0.0?

cheers,
    Mike

so with installation the .htaccess file will overwrite the existing file in the root right? - so domain redirections (non www to www to force https etc) (not usu) will be lost, right? so I assume immediately after upgrading that those redirects need to be pasted into the new .htaccess file?
    Last edited by shags38; 23 May 2020 at 03:14 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Mike, the issues surrounding a USU upgrade from a version that old are normally making sure that (a) all the configuration-related bits are removed from the database and (b) that the core-file changes by those previous versions are also removed.

Make sure that that old version of USU doesn't provide files in the [/ADMIN]/includes/init_includes/overrides sub-directories. Use the Zen Cart "Developers' Tool Kit" to search for all occurrences of USU and SEO in all admin/storefront files.

For the changes to the .htaccess, I'd copy the block of rewrites from that provided by the USU distribution and paste that block into your current .htaccess (after any 'Deny' processing). That way, you keep all your non-www-to-www and force-https directives (as well as the Deny's) and just apply the update that's required for USU to do its thing.

Plugin Contributions

Hey guys & gals,
    I am currently on cart v1.5.4 and previous to that version I installed Ultimate Urls 2.15. I have several issues that I want to fix by doing an upgrade but have a few questions. Right now the admin page for 2.15 is not shown under configuration but I can access it by manually entering the id number in the configuration url (/configuration.php?gID=35) to get to it. With that said I also use the DPU 3.2.0 price updater plugin to calculate prices on the fly as my products have setup charges plus running charges and DPU displays 1 price on the product page. The problem is (and I didn't realize this until this week) is that while all of my .php product pages correctly display the price using the DPU price updater, the html version of the same pages does not display the price and the gif spins constantly as if it is working but the price never displays. Somehow I missed this error when I originally installed the 2.15 plugin and I wonder how many customers & orders I have lost because of them landing on the non functioning html pages.
    My questions are:
    1. Can the newest version DPU correctly display prices on the html versions?
    2. Can the newest Ultimate Urls allow the DPU 3.2.0 I am currently using to display the prices correctly on the html version pages?
    3. To upgrade the 2.15 to the current version is it just a matter of uninstalling all the old/original Ultimate Urls files installed (readme wasn't crystal clear to me) then proceed with the new version?
    Thanks,
    John
    John

Plugin Contributions

Noting, first, that the current version of USU (v3.0.6) supports Zen Cart versions 1.5.5 and later. There are 'significant' notifiers built into that and later versions of Zen Cart that enable the plugin to be drop-in.

Updating USU from one of its v2 flavors is messy, but documented here: https://github.com/lat9/usu/blob/mas...ade_from_v2.md. It's probably best, from a database-configuration standpoint, to run the v2 uninstall.sql and then re-install so that the database settings are proper. You'll also need to review the files 'delivered' by the version you're using (v2.215) so that you can remove its 'new' files and back out any core/template-file changes required by that older version.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I have just downloaded the add-on and I’m very impressed at how easy it is to install and how well it works.

While testing the add-on I appear to have found a small issue on categories containing more than 10 products.

On a new Zencart install (1.5.7) I have installed this add-on and noticed the following:

The demo products pre-installed on the cart have a category (called Test Examples) with 16 products. With the standard settings this splits the products into two pages. These pages have the following URLs and canonical links:

Page 1 url in browser bar: example-website-com/test-examples-c-23/
    Page 1 Canonical link: example-website-com/test-examples-c-23/

Page 2 url in browser bar: example-website-com/test-examples-c-23/?sort=20a&page=2
    Page 2 Canonical link: example-website-com/test-examples-c-23/?page=2

When navigating from page 2 back to page 1 (using the [Prev] button) I have noticed that an alternative url is displayed (please see below).

Alternative Page 1 url in browser bar: example-website-com/test-examples-c-23/?sort=20a&page=1
    Alternative Page 1 Canonical link: example-website-com/test-examples-c-23/?page=1

I would be very grateful if someone can look into the two issues:
    1) The canonical link should be identical to the url in the browser bar (ideally the url would be rewritten to remove the sort=20a from the browser bar)
    2) There should only be one canonical link for page 1 – the ‘alternative’ canonical link which has ?page=1 added on the end appears to be duplicate content.

Any help with these issues would be much appreciated.
    Many thanks.
    Richard

Plugin Contributions

Richard, thanks for the report. I'll give it a look later today or in the morning.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Richard, thanks for the report. I'll give it a look later today or in the morning.
    Still no answer, but something's changed going from zc155f (where those additional parameters don't display in the canonical link) and zc157 (where they do).

Plugin Contributions

I am confused. The download is for 3.0.6 but the support thread is for Ultimate SEO 2.200. Can anyone clear up the confusion?