Page 99 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ultimate SEO 2.200 (new features) [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by manishanirula View Post
    Also is there a way to remove the query string "advanced_search_result.html?search_in_description=1&keyword=" from the url of search. This will be really helpful in SEO
    No. Zen Cart requires the information be passed in the URL (and they are not always the same). In a stock Zen Cart the "Search Results Page" is flagged as noindex and nofollow. The big SEs frown upon "search result spam". So no real "SEO" benefit to be found by messing with the URL of the "Search Results Page".

Plugin Contributions

Thank You for Explaining

Plugin Contributions

I am working with a new installation of 1.5.4, with winchester responsive templates.
    I just installed the latest version of Ultimate SEO URLS (2.215).
    I am seeing an issue with the built-in manufacturers sidebox, which displays a pulldown list of all the manufacturers, and when you choose one of the manufacturers, it submits a form, and goes to that manufacturers page. With SEO URLS installed and turned on, it is going to:
    Code:
    ?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=2
    All the other pages are generating appropriate seo urls.

I searched through this thread, and found a report of a similar issue, and the response was:
    Quote Originally Posted by lhungil
    If you are referring to the "manufacturers sidebox" included with Zen Cart... I know older versions of Zen Cart had not yet updated the code to use zen_href_link in the sidebox (all internal links should use zen_href_link)... And alternative URLs only work when zen_href_link is used...

If the above is still the case for the version of Zen Cart you have installed... May need to use a different "manufacturers sidebox" or change the coding...
    Like I said, I am using the built-in 1.5.4 manufacturers sidebox, so presumably it should be updated with the latest code.

I saw this later response, where someone said that they were able to fix this problem:
    Quote Originally Posted by bwlinux View Post
    Thank you very much. Your explanation helped me to find and fix the problem using the code below.

PHP Code:
    href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT'manufacturers_id='.$manufacturers_id); ?>"
    However, I'm not sure if they were referring to the same sidebox module.
    The sidebox module template file I am referring to is in
    Code:
    includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_manufacturers_select.php
    It doesn't contain just a link, but a form that gets submitted when you choose one of the manufacturers in the list.
    Here is the contents of the sidebox template file:
    Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * Side Box Template
     * @package templateSystem
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2010 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version $Id: tpl_manufacturers_select.php 15882 2010-04-11 16:37:54Z wilt $
     */
      $content = "";
      $content .= '<div id="' . str_replace('_', '-', $box_id . 'Content') . '" class="sideBoxContent centeredContent">';
      $content.= zen_draw_form('manufacturers_form', zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT,
    '', $request_type, false), 'get');
      $content .= zen_draw_hidden_field('main_page', FILENAME_DEFAULT);
      $content .= zen_draw_pull_down_menu('manufacturers_id', $manufacturer_sidebox_array, (isset($_GET['manufacturers_id']) ? $_GET['manufacturers_id'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit();" size="' . MAX_MANUFACTURERS_LIST . '" style="width:
    90%; margin: auto;"') . zen_hide_session_id();
      $content .= '</form>';
      $content .= '</div>';
    ?>
    It does appear not to have been modified since 2010.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this issue? I apologize if I missed a post on this, but I tried to do a very thorough search on this.
    Thanks in advance for any help!

Plugin Contributions

ok I have been searching this thread for hours and not finding anything on this. I have 1.5.4 loaded and trying to install this module. I have triple checked all of my install files and everything seems to be right but I am getting the following messages... can anyone help or shed light on to what might possibly be wrong? the X's are replacing my admin section and user name...

Error Filesystem Error: Unable to delete '/home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxxx/includes/reset_seo_cache.php'. Verify your web server has access to delete this file. Installation will not continue until the web server is granted access to remove the file.
    Error Filesystem Error: Unable to delete '/home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxxx/includes/auto_loaders/config.seo.php'. Verify your web server has access to delete this file. Installation will not continue until the web server is granted access to remove the file.
    Error Filesystem Error: Unable to delete '/home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxxx/includes/extra_datafiles/seo.php'. Verify your web server has access to delete this file. Installation will not continue until the web server is granted access to remove the file.
    Error Filesystem Error: Unable to delete '/home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxxx/includes/init_includes/init_seo_config.php'. Verify your web server has access to delete this file. Installation will not continue until the web server is granted access to remove the file.
    Error Filesystem Error: Unable to delete '/home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxxx/includes/functions/extra_functions/seo.php'. Verify your web server has access to delete this file. Installation will not continue until the web server is granted access to remove the file.
    Error Filesystem Error: Unable to delete '/home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxxx/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/seo.php'. Verify your web server has access to delete this file. Installation will not continue until the web server is granted access to remove the file.
    Error Filesystem Error: Unable to delete '/home/xxxxx/public_html/includes/auto_loaders/config.ultimate_seo.php'. Verify your web server has access to delete this file. Installation will not continue until the web server is granted access to remove the file.
    Error Filesystem Error: Unable to delete '/home/xxxxx/public_html/includes/extra_datafiles/seo.php'. Verify your web server has access to delete this file. Installation will not continue until the web server is granted access to remove the file.
    Error Filesystem Error: Unable to delete '/home/xxxxx/public_html/includes/auto_loaders/config.seo.php'. Verify your web server has access to delete this file. Installation will not continue until the web server is granted access to remove the file.
    Error Filesystem Error: Unable to delete '/home/xxxxx/public_html/includes/init_includes/init_seo_config.php'. Verify your web server has access to delete this file. Installation will not continue until the web server is granted access to remove the file.
    Error Filesystem Error: Unable to delete '/home/xxxxx/public_html/includes/classes/seo.url.php'. Verify your web server has access to delete this file. Installation will not continue until the web server is granted access to remove the file.
    Error Filesystem Error: Unable to delete '/home/xxxxx/public_html/includes/classes/seo.install.php'. Verify your web server has access to delete this file. Installation will not continue until the web server is granted access to remove the file.
    Error Ultimate URLs installation / upgrade failed!

Plugin Contributions

That message indicates the user (the HTTP server or PHP runs as) does not have write / delete permissions for those files.

What permissions are assigned to those files? What user is the HTTP server running as? If PHP runs as a seperate process, what user are the scripts run as?

Answers to the above depend upon your hosting provider and their server configuration. Your hosting provider should be able to help identify the above information. They should also be able to identify the neccessary changes (needed on their server) you need to make to file permissions to allow write / delete access for PHP scripts.
    Last edited by lhungil; 7 Jan 2016 at 04:36 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Was afraid you were gonna ask and say those things. I did change the permissions on those files to 777 and had tried it again but still didn't work. As far as the rest of your questions, they are a little bit greek to me so I will contact the hosting provider and ask them for assistance and see where it goes from there. Thanks for your quick reply!

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    That message indicates the user (the HTTP server or PHP runs as) does not have write / delete permissions for those files.

What permissions are assigned to those files? What user is the HTTP server running as? If PHP runs as a seperate process, what user are the scripts run as?

Answers to the above depend upon your hosting provider and their server configuration. Your hosting provider should be able to help identify the above information. They should also be able to identify the neccessary changes (needed on their server) you need to make to file permissions to allow write / delete access for PHP scripts.

Plugin Contributions

Hmm... Can you also verify the path to those files is correct (and web server software)? One can check the path by looking at the output from clicking "version" in the Zen Cart admin.

Plugin Contributions

ok got it, turns out that mod_ruid2 was not running on my server. That was enabled by my host and all is working fine now it appears! Thank you so much for the help!!

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    Hmm... Can you also verify the path to those files is correct (and web server software)? One can check the path by looking at the output from clicking "version" in the Zen Cart admin.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by foilman View Post
    ok got it, turns out that mod_ruid2 was not running on my server. That was enabled by my host and all is working fine now it appears! Thank you so much for the help!!
    Thank You for letting us know the host was able to come to your aid :)
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Hi - if I change the name of a category will existing links (internal and external) still resolve to the newly renamed category?

cheers,
    Mike