Page 140 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1622
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ultimate SEO 2.200 [Support Thread]

Lisa, ask your webadmin to make sure that the 'tagSelection' form's 'action' link is created using the zen_href_link function rather than hard-coding. If that function's not used, USU won't be involved in that link-generation.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Lisa, ask your webadmin to make sure that the 'tagSelection' form's 'action' link is created using the zen_href_link function rather than hard-coding. If that function's not used, USU won't be involved in that link-generation.
    He's going to look into it tonight. Thank you!!!

Plugin Contributions

He did look at this and it wasn't the culprit. He tried a fix, but on the reload of the page after adding items to the shopping cart, the variable doesn't survive the reload and actually reloads the entire product category again (so the filter would have to be reapplied). I just don't think there's a solution to this issue...

Plugin Contributions

Hello Cindy,

When USU had some canonical problems with v1.5.5f I was forced to change to CEON URI Mapping (regrettably) - CEON is problematical (for me at least) and I would dearly love to go back to USU.

How best can I redirect CEON generated URL's to USU generated URL's once I have made the changeover - I realize USU can't do it so will it need to be a list of redirects in .htaccess or is there a more efficient way to do it? if it is a list in .htaccess will this slow the website down noticeably?

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Hello Cindy,

When USU had some canonical problems with v1.5.5f I was forced to change to CEON URI Mapping (regrettably) - CEON is problematical (for me at least) and I would dearly love to go back to USU.

How best can I redirect CEON generated URL's to USU generated URL's once I have made the changeover - I realize USU can't do it so will it need to be a list of redirects in .htaccess or is there a more efficient way to do it? if it is a list in .htaccess will this slow the website down noticeably?

cheers,
    Mike
    Mike, my suggestion would be to handle it 'programmatically', using a storefront initialization script that works off a redirect_from to redirect_to list. That way, it doesn't 'hog up' your .htaccess (eventually, the redirects will be few and far between).

Plugin Contributions

Mike, my suggestion would be to handle it 'programmatically', using a storefront initialization script that works off a redirect_from to redirect_to list. That way, it doesn't 'hog up' your .htaccess (eventually, the redirects will be few and far between).
    Many thanks for your prompt response Cindy. That is a great idea however creating a script is beyond my capability ... having said that I agree with your comment that redirects will reduce over time - it's just the initial ranking hit that concerns me, albeit I have been there before - redirecting critical pages like categories etc should cover most of the traffic - for individual products the old url would likely go to the page not found on the site so at least it is landing on the site which means the 'link juice' would be maintained ... correct?

Once again thank you very much for your assistance.

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v3.0.3 of USU to the Zen Cart moderators for review; I'll post back here when it's available for download (https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=132).

This release contains changes associated with the following GitHub issues:

#25: Remove hard-coded category indicator from categories URL.
    #27: Correct issues with $_GET array parameters.
    #28: Correct attributed-product-in-cart link back to product page (attribute restoration).
    #29: Don't add 'manufacturers_id' parameter to any product-info type page.
    #30: Update various queries, using integer values, for future-proofing.
    Last edited by lat9; 6 Nov 2019 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Added download link

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately , there's a potential for a mySQL fatal error using v3.0.3 if your store's setting for Format of alternate URLs is parent or the setting for Display categories as directories is short.

You'll see logs similar to
    Code:
    [08-Nov-2019 15:37:05 America/New_York] Request URI: /zc155fusu/beacH-vrb-exTra/configuration.php?gID=31&cID=585&action=save, IP address: ::1
    #1  trigger_error() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\zc155fusu\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php:171]
    #2  queryFactory->show_error() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\zc155fusu\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php:143]
    #3  queryFactory->set_error() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\zc155fusu\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php:218]
    #4  queryFactory->Execute() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\zc155fusu\includes\classes\usu.php:1256]
    #5  usu->generate_categories_cache() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\zc155fusu\includes\classes\usu.php:84]
    #6  usu->__construct() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\zc155fusu\beacH-vrb-exTra\includes\classes\observers\UsuAdminObserver.php:29]
    #7  UsuAdminObserver->__construct() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\zc155fusu\includes\autoload_func.php:79]
    #8  require(C:\xampp\htdocs\zc155fusu\includes\autoload_func.php) called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\zc155fusu\beacH-vrb-exTra\includes\application_top.php:171]
    #9  require(C:\xampp\htdocs\zc155fusu\beacH-vrb-exTra\includes\application_top.php) called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\zc155fusu\beacH-vrb-exTra\configuration.php:10]
    --> PHP Fatal error: 1054:Unknown column 'c.parent_id' in 'on clause' :: SELECT c.categories_id AS id, c.parent_id, cd.categories_name AS cName, cd2.categories_name as pName
                           FROM categories AS c, categories_description AS cd
                                LEFT JOIN categories_description AS cd2
                                    ON c.parent_id = cd2.categories_id 
                                   AND cd2.language_id = 1
                          WHERE c.categories_id = cd.categories_id
                            AND cd.language_id = 1 ==> (as called by) C:\xampp\htdocs\zc155fusu\includes\classes\usu.php on line 1256 <== in C:\xampp\htdocs\zc155fusu\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php on line 171.
    I've got the update staged on GitHub, changing /includes/classes/usu.php, starting at line 1241, from
    Code:
                if (USU_FORMAT == 'parent' || USU_CATEGORY_DIR == 'short') {
                    $sql = 
                        "SELECT c.categories_id AS id, c.parent_id, cd.categories_name AS cName, cd2.categories_name as pName
                           FROM " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " AS c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " AS cd
                                LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " AS cd2
                                   AND cd2.language_id = {$this->languages_id}
                            AND cd.language_id = {$this->languages_id}";
                } else {
                    $sql = 
                        "SELECT categories_id AS id, categories_name AS cName
                           FROM " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . "
                          WHERE language_id = {$this->languages_id}";
                }
    to
    Code:
                if (USU_FORMAT == 'parent' || USU_CATEGORY_DIR == 'short') {
                    $sql = 
                        "SELECT c.categories_id AS id, c.parent_id, cd.categories_name AS cName, cd2.categories_name as pName
                           FROM " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " AS c
                                LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " AS cd2
                                   AND cd2.language_id = {$this->languages_id}, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " AS cd
                            AND cd.language_id = {$this->languages_id}";
                } else {
                    $sql = 
                        "SELECT categories_id AS id, categories_name AS cName
                           FROM " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . "
                          WHERE language_id = {$this->languages_id}";
                }

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v3.0.4 to correct the following issues introduced in v3.0.3 and will post back when it's available for download.

This release contains changes for the following issues, introduced in v3.0.3:

#31. (a) Faulty query results in fatal MySQL error.
    #31. (b) Restore use of ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG when creating storefront links from the admin.

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v3.0.3 of USU to the Zen Cart moderators for review; I'll post back here when it's available for download (https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=132).

This release contains changes associated with the following GitHub issues:

#25: Remove hard-coded category indicator from categories URL.
    #27: Correct issues with $_GET array parameters.
    #28: Correct attributed-product-in-cart link back to product page (attribute restoration).
    #29: Don't add 'manufacturers_id' parameter to any product-info type page.
    #30: Update various queries, using integer values, for future-proofing.
    I've just submitted v3.0.4 to correct the following issues introduced in v3.0.3 and will post back when it's available for download.

This release contains changes for the following issues, introduced in v3.0.3:

#31. (a) Faulty query results in fatal MySQL error.
    #31. (b) Restore use of ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG when creating storefront links from the admin.
    v3.0.4 is now available for download: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=132

As noted above, v3.0.3 should be bypassed due to the errors I introduced; all v3.0.3 updates are present (and corrected, if needed) in v3.0.4.