Page 11 of 163 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ultimate SEO 2.200 (new features) [Support Thread]

EDIT: @Ksookma, and it looks like we might be using different versions of the Ultimate SEO htaccess. I'm assuming that mine is the latest.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ultimate SEO 2.200+ (new features)

Quote Originally Posted by ksookma View Post
    But if you go to the url without the www the www does not auto add. It does add on to the path when you navigate around the site but if google attemps to go to the non www version it will still work and google will think its another page.
    *doh* forgot about the initial request to the website.

The canonical should work to tell most search engines the two URLs are the same. At least Google's canonical information mentions you can use canonical links pointing to a different domain. The canonical and base head element used by most templates is pulled from "configure.php", so changing the settings in those files is very important.

That said I would still use the 301 (my live sites do). Just must make sure the settings in "configure.php" match what your .htaccess file does (avoiding unnecessary redirects).

Quote Originally Posted by SPH View Post
    ... .htaccess. I'm assuming that mine is the latest.
    Other than a few additions to handle items not specific to "Ultimate SEO URLs" I'd agree :)

Looking at SPH's example .htaccess, there are a couple of things I would like to mention. These may not apply to every installation, but are good things to keep in mind.

When Zen Cart is installed in the site root, you can safely remove the "ErrorDocument 404 /errors/notfound.html". In this case the only time an web server ErrorDocument would be used is if index.php cannot be found.

It would be better to move the placement of the forced prefix above the "Ultimate SEO URLs" / Zen Cart directives. This will ensure it is always checked before control is passed to Zen Cart (the [L] after a RewriteRule says, "Process this rule rule and do not apply any more rules").

Note: When Zen Cart not installed in the site root (for example in /shop/), any forced 301 to add a domain prefix, ErrorDocument, or other sitewide configuration should be added to either the server configuration file or a .htaccess file in the root directory.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ultimate SEO 2.200+ (new features)

Thanks for the tips. I moved my htaccess canonical redirect to the top and removed the error documents. For the longest time my zencart page not found/error didn't work, but it has been now for some time: http://www.prommart.com/x

The rest of the stuff...mod_expires and mod_deflate...I got from one of my Prestashop test carts, whose admin can really compress and optimize code. Don't know if it's actually helping, but gtmetrics speed test seems to like it.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ultimate SEO URLs 2.207!

I tried the patch and it did not fix the issue. So I reverted to original code, since turning off the "select muliple products" choice accomplished what I needed it to do. It adds a buy button underneath each product, but most do not buy more than one at a time anyway.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrunkenBundt View Post
    I tried the patch and it did not fix the issue. So I reverted to original code, since turning off the "select muliple products" choice accomplished what I needed it to do. It adds a buy button underneath each product, but most do not buy more than one at a time anyway.
    I have "Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location" set to "3" (display both) in my test environments and it is working under "Ultimate SEO URLs" 2.07 w/ patch and the newer .htaccess file posted here.

Are there any other settings related to the issue you experienced? I know you have a viable workaround, but if there is a problem, I would like to get it fixed so it does not impact anyone else :)
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    I have "Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location" set to "3" (display both) in my test environments and it is working under "Ultimate SEO URLs" 2.07 w/ patch and the newer .htaccess file posted here.

Are there any other settings related to the issue you experienced? I know you have a viable workaround, but if there is a problem, I would like to get it fixed so it does not impact anyone else :)
    I installed the beta htaccess file, configured it for "not using categories as directories". It worked for each type of "multiple products add to cart" css3 buttons and locations. You can see the correct response at: http://thedrunkenbundtcakery.com/big...cakes-c-1.html

Thank you again for your hard work.
    The Drunken Bundt

Plugin Contributions

Forgive me if this has been answered already, I've been reading up the whole thread and do not recall seeing this mentioned.
    It seems in the install package, there are two files:

under:
    new_files_151\your_admin_folder\includes\languages\english\extra_definitions\seo .php
    new_files_151_english\your_admin_folder\includes\languages\english\extra_definit ions\seo.php

looks like they both get written to the same place. which one is the correct version?
    the only difference I notice is the 1st one (the one in new_files_151) is missing the last line which is:

?>

not sure if that is needed to close the <?php statement in the first line...

thanks!
    Live again! http://spritelygoods.com Rebuilt on ZC v 1.5.1 from 1.3.0.2

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by woodlandsprite View Post
    ... It seems in the install package, there are two files:
    new_files_151\your_admin_folder\includes\languages\english\extra_definitions\seo .php
    new_files_151_english\your_admin_folder\includes\languages\english\extra_definit ions\seo.php
    Whoops, that file was intended to only be in the "new_files_151_english" language folder. Thank You for letting me know!

Plugin Contributions

so...
    I've installed, and it doesn't seem to have taken (nvm, see edit below)

I left all the settings as default.
    I put the .htaccess file in the root for where my v151 installation is

wasn't exactly sure what to put for the relative web path for my catalogue, so I've tried /domainname.com/subdir (which are /spritelygoods.com
    /zencartv151/) and I've also tried just the subdir as noted below in my .htaccess file... and no joy...

**EDITED:: Looks like it may have been because I had the cart in maintenance mode! Seems to work fine outside of maintenance mode :)
    One more question - when I move this thing to the root of my domain, do I just use /domainname.com/ as the rewrite location??

##### NOTE: Replace /yourdomain.com/yourzencartdirectory/ with the relative web path of your catalog in the "Rewrite Base" line below:

Options +FollowSymLinks
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteBase /zencartv151/

# Disable if using "Categories as Directories"
    #RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+)/(.*)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $3-p-$4\.html?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [R=301,L]

# Enable only if using "Categories as Directories"
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+)/(.*)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ index\.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=$4&cpath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

# Normal operation Ultimate SEO URLs
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ index\.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

# Disable if using "Categories as Directories"
    #RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+)\.html$ index\.php?main_page=index&cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    #RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+)/$ $1-c-$2\.html [R=301,L]

# Enable only if using "Categories as Directories"
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+)/?\.html$ $1-c-$2/ [R=301,L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+)$ %{REQUEST_URI}/ [R=301,L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+)/$ index\.php?main_page=index&cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

# Normal operation Ultimate SEO URLs
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+)\.html$ index\.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+)\.html$ index\.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ index\.php?main_page=product_reviews&products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+)\.html$ index\.php?main_page=product_reviews_info&products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-ezp-([0-9]+)\.html$ index\.php?main_page=page&id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

# All other pages
    # Don't rewrite real files or directories
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.*).html$ index\.php?main_page=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

# Handle when a resource is not found (404 Error Page)
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index\.php?main_page=page_not_found&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    Live again! http://spritelygoods.com Rebuilt on ZC v 1.5.1 from 1.3.0.2

Plugin Contributions

... Looks like it may have been because I had the cart in maintenance mode! Seems to work fine outside of maintenance mode :)
    Interesting, this is a new one to me - but I do know other people have reported problems with downloads and some other items when the site is in maintenance mode (and without this plugin installed) - so who knows? But gives us another good question to ask :)

One more question - when I move this thing to the root of my domain, do I just use /domainname.com/ as the rewrite location??
    Not a fan of testing website applications under different paths from the final path. You should be able to just change the path to your web relative path (top level - no directory - root - is just /). You will also need to make a number of changes to configuration files, possibly some Zen Cart settings, and any paths stored in the database.

On a side note, if you plan to deploy on "domainname.com", I would recommend using "www.domainname.com" instead. You can then safely use a 301 redirect from "domainname.com" to "www.domainname.com".
    Last edited by lhungil; 31 Oct 2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: remove auto linking

Page 11 of 163 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast